ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Mari Ann Moller @ the premier of Roman Polanski's "Cul de Sac"
© 1966, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gram Parsons Article Return to archive
02-06-04 02:52 PM
Ten Thousand Motels A little too lengthy to post, but here's the link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/fridayreview/story/0,12102,1141458,00.html

John Harris's archive of Gram Parsons-related interviews is at gramparsonsproject.com. BBC4 will premiere its Gram Parsons documentary on Friday March 5 at 10pm. Grand Theft Parsons opens in the UK on March 19.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
02-06-04 02:59 PM
mac_daddy just got a few boots of his...

good stuff.

I look forward to reading the article.

02-06-04 03:13 PM
sirmoonie Hey, great link. Thanks Motesie.

Parsons was excellent. You can hear Grievous all over Exile or vice versa. Great album.

"Tequila and morphine, Ronnie!"
02-06-04 08:07 PM
stonedatbirth666 Thanks for the heads up
02-06-04 08:14 PM
gypsy That makes me sad that they we in America don't have a Gram documentary. I hope Keith gets one made since he did buy the rights to Ben Fong-Torres's Gram bio.
02-06-04 09:02 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
gypsy wrote:
That makes me sad that they we in America don't have a Gram documentary. I hope Keith gets one made since he did buy the rights to Ben Fong-Torres's Gram bio.

Ben Fong-Torres is a real person..? I thought he ws made up for Almost Famous...
02-06-04 10:07 PM
Martha Yup, he's a real guy. The most fictional part of the film was the band, which was totally made up. Cameron Crowe the director and writer, is depicting a partially fictional account of his younger life when he worked (yes, at a very a young age!) for Rolling Stone magazine. It's true...back in the day you COULD get away with more shit! The band Cameron really hung out with was, amongest others, Led Zeppelin. Great film.

BEST VIEWED HIGH