ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Mari Ann Moller @ the premier of Roman Polanski's "Cul de Sac"
© 1966, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HEADER¿¿¿ (6 Feb) Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-06-04 05:23 AM
egon What's the deal?
02-06-04 05:27 AM
Honky Tonk Man Agreed egon. I don't know what the deal is either. I could swear we are in 2004! Also, Stones fans are the best, but that guy’s hair is atrocious!

Alex
02-06-04 06:19 AM
egon is that irina and her son?
(although i thought they were younger...)
02-06-04 06:29 AM
FotiniD I love the t-shirts. I really have to get me one of those multi-colored Some Girls t.
02-06-04 07:25 AM
throbby Is there a "correct" way to wear one's hair these days? To each his own, after all it is 2004.
02-06-04 07:41 AM
Monkey Woman Even more baffling is the attribution. "Gered Wolman"? Where's Baron Mankowitz?

http://www.rocksoff.org/photos.htm
02-06-04 07:51 AM
Jumacfly hey you don t bash people with long hair!!! leave the hippies alone!!
02-06-04 08:43 AM
Honky Tonk Man I used to have long hair and mine is growing back pretty fast. I was kinda joking about it being atrocious, i just don't think his looks cool. Is he Argentinian? It looks like a Gabriel Batistuta type hair cut. Saying that though, least it's not in a pony tail!

Alex
02-06-04 09:56 AM
Martha Hey don't knock his hair...that guy's my husband, Chris. Long live hippie hair!
02-06-04 10:10 AM
LadyJane Martha...I thought that was you!! You look GREAT!!!

LJ.
02-06-04 10:28 AM
Martha Thanks Lady Jane....I knew you'd tumble. That shot was taken as we were on our way to the NRDC's "Global Warming Concert" featuring the ROLLING STONES!

I still cannot believe I was fortunate enough to have WON those tickets. The show was a year ago today. It kicked off our concert year for 2003 in a BIG way! It was a great night!

And I almost won 2 more tickets during the radio give-away contest that went on all day long the day of the show. I made it in at number 93..(the winning caller was #95) to give MarthaMyDear and Kenton into the show with us. I almost got them in too! Darn it!!!!

It was nice to be in L.A. while Ohio was blanketed in winter........seems like a long time ago, though.

It is fun to remember the anniversary of the show with everyone here! I miss the tour!!!!!
02-06-04 10:34 AM
LadyJane I know what you mean. A year ago today...we were en route to Las Vegas for the MGM Grand Licks Finale. Happy memories..but bittersweet at the same time.

I miss them!!

LJ.
02-06-04 10:48 AM
Nellcote Great Photo!
02-06-04 10:51 AM
Martha Does it seem like a long time ago or just like yesterday LJ? I go back and forth between the two extremes. I still haven't gotten over how great the Detroit show (10/12/02) was...my first of the Licks Tour.

Did anyone else from RO win tickets and attend the Free Benefit show in L.A. a year ago today?????

More importantly...was Stonesdoug there????? He went ot EVERY show............right???!

Thanks for saying I look great LJ. That is very nice of you to say. I look at myself and find it hard to believe how damn old I'm getting! LOL

And someone thought my husband might be my son...ouch!!!! ROTFLOL!
02-06-04 10:54 AM
LadyJane Unfortunately Martha...it seems like ages ago...but then again..alot has changed in my life over the past year..maybe that has something to do with it.

LJ.
02-06-04 11:00 AM
mac_daddy so that is really Martha and her husband..? right on! and in the City of Angels... even better...

by the way - the weather here is 72 degrees Farenheit, and sunny...

how is it where you are..?
02-06-04 11:02 AM
nankerphelge Hey!!!

Nice pelvis!!!
02-06-04 11:06 AM
Irina Great photo, Martha! and wonderful festive mood
Egon! it's not me. You have to know Rocks Off members
better! lol You have PM
02-06-04 11:09 AM
Martha LJ, I've gone through a big change as well, in my spiritual/personal life. That must be why I cannot track time. You called that one.

By the way, speaking of time.....during one part of that change (August) all I could listen to was Dylan's "Time Out Of Mind" And I still have to play it at least once a week ("Love and Theft" too). Dylan helps me get my mind right! I am at the end stages of a long, intense, grief process. Dylan's music and lyrics really helped me indentify some things about my grief, as he speaks on a very personal, intimate level about the human condition. He's an imp, a truth-teller and a genius. The coolest man on earth.

Music is such a healing balm,.....apply liberally and often!

It's good to be reminded that ..all times are on our side!

Hi there Nellcote! Has the plane landed or are you still on cloud nine!?!
02-06-04 11:14 AM
Martha
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
so that is really Martha and her husband..? right on! and in the City of Angels... even better...

Yes, it;s really us a year ago today in the City of Angels..wish I was there right now!

by the way - the weather here is 72 degrees Farenheit, and sunny...

It was the same a year ago.

how is it where you are..?

In Ohio..it is...let's see...ummmmm.....grey, or is it gray? Overcast, cold, wetter than sop....and cold....did I say that already? Sigh.......................

"Winter's coming" hehehe

Did you go to this show macdaddyily do?
02-06-04 11:17 AM
telecaster
quote:
Irina wrote:
Great photo, Martha! and wonderful festive mood
Egon! it's not me. You have to know Rocks Off members
better! lol You have PM

Irina can you please post an updated photo for Maxlugar

Thanks
02-06-04 11:23 AM
Martha It is certainly a compliment to be mistaken for you Irina! I don't feel quite so old now....haha! But, I can't shake the husband being thought of as my son idea quite yet. Eeeek!

Nanky, doesn't my pelvis look damn good in that shot?! Whodda thunk that it would go sideways whacky on me (at a White Stripes show) a mere 9 months later??????

02-06-04 11:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man Martha, I'm REALLY, REALLY,REALLY SORRY!

Alex
02-06-04 11:24 AM
FPM C10 I knew who it was right away (cuz I have a copy of the photo)and I must say - seeing it was a nice way to start the day! You both look great in that picture. It really captures how good you must have felt that day, and it always gives me a nice little residual smile when I see it. (It's part of a Stones collage I made, so I see it often.)

I think Chris's hair looks very cool myself. It suits him perfectly. (And anyway, how can any fan of Keith's criticize ANYONE's hair?)

As for people thinking he's your son - the thing to do in that situation is GLOAT. You are a beautiful couple.
02-06-04 11:28 AM
egon
quote:
Irina wrote:
You have PM

I have indeed...and so have you!
02-06-04 11:39 AM
Martha
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Martha, I'm REALLY, REALLY,REALLY SORRY!

Alex

Alex, That's totally cool.....I don't mind! Give me a hug!

02-06-04 11:40 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I used to have long hair and mine is growing back pretty fast. I was kinda joking about it being atrocious, i just don't think his looks cool. Is he Argentinian? It looks like a Gabriel Batistuta type hair cut. Saying that though, least it's not in a pony tail!

Alex

Is Martha married with Gabriel Batistuta? Wow! No Martha, please. Marry you Hernan Crespo! Is a better player
02-06-04 11:41 AM
nankerphelge A sideways pelvis???

Hmmmmm...

That conjures up all sorts of interesting visuals!!

Excuse me for a few minutes......
02-06-04 11:42 AM
Martha FPM-C10...GLOAT? Hell yes! Thank you! LOL Can you be my manager?

Look for a package coming to your mailbox next week...with my pick for *gem* of the year. :-)

Martha Mellencamp rides AGAIN! HAhahahaha!

02-06-04 11:45 AM
Martha Nanky...take my crutches with you if you are thinking of me sideways..it goes with the visual.

You won't be gone long though..right?! LOL
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH