ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Mari Ann Moller @ the premier of Roman Polanski's "Cul de Sac"
© 1966, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in 04 Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-05-04 04:49 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I am a hero already, for example

Fool.
02-05-04 04:50 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
you get a hero after you die, not everyone, I am a hero already, for example

ughrrrrrrgrrughhhh, sorry, just choked on my diet coke.
02-05-04 04:54 PM
Mr T i dunno - the Stones still draw a pretty big crowd, just as well as any other act that's been around more than 20 years.

but just because some old Beatles photos land on some magazine covers, doesn't mean people aren't gonna be like "this is no time for Stones, I gotta save my cash in case the Beatles go on tour"
its really not an issue
02-05-04 04:55 PM
Monkey Woman The industry generally manages to milk these big anniversaries over several months, not to mention years. I remember a TV special here in France in July '02, plus two books in the fall (to tie in with the tour debut and the Forty Licks release), plus a video, plus articles in the entertainment papers. Plus Bill Wyman's book, record and tour. And another round of TV/press/books in '03 when the tour hit Europe and they released According To The Rolling Stones and the Sympathy single. And another spate of media attention to Four Flicks... Maybe not as big as the teen-oriented popstars, but definitely something to notice.
02-05-04 04:57 PM
Mr T
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
if the stones had stopped after the death of brian, they would be bigger, you get a hero after you die, not everyone, I am a hero already, for example

if they stopped then, you wouldn't ever be able to mention them without bringing up the Beatles, that's not the case anymore. at least the extra years gave them an edge the Beatles didn't. if they had stopped after the ick Taylor era, that point would've been more valid
02-05-04 05:02 PM
Some Guy Examples of Beatle ness that I have seen:
Today show all 4 members playing a game show type thingy to celebrate upcomong 40 year anniversary 2-5-04. Answering Beatles questions, Matt won.
CNN discussing Micheal Jacksons money woes and someone stating that he has nothing to worry about with the upcoming 40th anniversary of the Beatles catalouge.
So Stones come next, right??

[Edited by Some Guy]
02-05-04 05:04 PM
Angiegirl Correction: the Stones always come first .
02-05-04 05:07 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
The industry generally manages to milk these big anniversaries over several months, not to mention years

Centuries? Milleniums?

Colonel Parker was a forward looking visionary.
02-05-04 05:08 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Correction: the Stones always come first .

Yes and me second.
02-05-04 05:09 PM
Snappy McJack You know it's really ONLY ABOUT THE MONEY when you don't do anything because someone else would supposedly "steal customers" away from you.

Fuck the hype. If the Stones are worried about some Beatles anniversary, why should they delay things?

Why wait for something to end? Because you won't make enough money? Do Mick and Paul McCartney have some kind of deal:

"Hey mate..this is OUR year..next year you can have your fun"
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
02-05-04 05:13 PM
Angiegirl They used to, ages ago. No, I don't think the Beatles are any issue, it's a whole different audience now. The stones are just tired (can't blame them), they wanna lay in the sun at some tropical islands (again: can't blame them) and then they will think about what to do when. It's logical. The've toured for over a year (incl. preps).
02-05-04 05:14 PM
Joey " Colonel Parker was a forward looking visionary. "

I agree with you one hundred percent my Stones Brother .
02-05-04 05:21 PM
BILL PERKS PLEASE NO MORE INSIPID,DAFT THREADS LIKE THESE!
02-05-04 05:23 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Why not, I ask you!
02-05-04 05:26 PM
Angiegirl Please, no more CAPS-LOCK.
02-05-04 05:38 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Please, no more CAPS-LOCK.

no more back up, powder puff horns, chuck and computer intro Gimme shelter
02-05-04 05:57 PM
Some Guy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
PLEASE NO MORE INSIPID,DAFT THREADS LIKE THESE!

JUST RELAYING WHAT I HEARD, BRO!
[Edited by Some Guy]
02-05-04 05:59 PM
nankerphelge I was glad to hear it!
02-05-04 06:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

no more back up, powder puff horns, chuck and computer intro Gimme shelter

Yeah Really, who needs that shit? That's cheating.
02-05-04 06:08 PM
Snappy McJack It's lame...they cover up for Ron and Keith when they play their little games on stage.

02-05-04 06:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Colonel Parker was a forward looking visionary. "

I agree with you one hundred percent my Stones Brother .

I mean it's all well, good and fun that Johnny Depp used Keith to base his pirate on. That's entertainment. Now Parker was a REAL pirate.
02-05-04 06:16 PM
Gazza >Stones are finished as far as the general public is concerned.

Mark - theyre finished as far as youre concerned too!! LOL

02-05-04 06:31 PM
egon The stones wil surprise us with their new album in the same way they've surprised us with "don't stop".

It's gonna be quite "something"...
02-05-04 06:33 PM
glencar Let's just hope the Stones can avoid controversy!
02-05-04 07:07 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
It's lame...they cover up for Ron and Keith when they play their little games on stage.

boomy!
02-05-04 10:59 PM
BILL PERKS THE 40TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE STONES WAS 2002.HENCE THE TOUR AND 40 LICKS...MUCH PUBLICITY IT ABOUT FOR THOSE NEW TO THESE PARTS..THE STONES DON'T CARE IF 04 IS THEIR US 40TH ANNIVERSARY,THEY DO WHAT THEY DO WHEN THEY DO IT.IT IS OBVIOUS NOT MUCH WILL HAPPEN TILL 2005..IF YOU DONT WANT A NEW ALBUM OR TOUR YOU SHOULD BE SPENDING YOUR TIME DOING SOMETHING ELSE..GET LOST
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH