ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Mari Ann Moller @ the premier of Roman Polanski's "Cul de Sac"
© 1966, 2002 Associated Newspapers Archives

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in 04 Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-05-04 04:07 PM
Some Guy The Beatles 40 year anniversary is all over TV and print. When will the Stones be given props about their 40th anniversary. And wouldn't they wait till the Beatles hype subsides before releasing a new album anyway. A buddy of mine was at a lavish party in Atl with some big wigs and was told by a dude that after the Beatles 40 year hype subsides that the Stone are going to release a truely great new record that has hits and he said they will be at next years grammys because of said record. Watch out!! He said the dude was reliable and a wig!!
02-05-04 04:09 PM
nankerphelge Let's hope!

It would be so great to rub some noses in it eh??

02-05-04 04:10 PM
Moonisup About that new record, well I hope it will be great, but I don't think so
02-05-04 04:11 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
the Stone are going to release a truely great new record that has hits

Must be great to know you have hits on a record that hasn't been made. Luxury. I don't buy it, but it must be a great comfortable feeling for the boys .
02-05-04 04:12 PM
Some Guy Oh hell yeah. My boy kind of alluded to the fact that they are holding out something truely awesome until this 40 year Beatle talk is kinda over to bust it out. We shall see
02-05-04 04:14 PM
LadyJane Hell...I'm hoping for a great new album to rub in the noses of some of our own Board Members.....

LJ.
02-05-04 04:14 PM
Gazza The Stones 40th anniversary wasnt publicized? Every entertainment magazine in the world seemed to run a special on it and they did a huge tour promoting it.

I like your enthusiasm but with the greatest respect, I cant take seriously the comments of a record company executive on the merits of a new Stones record. If the band dont even know what their next record sounds like, how can HE?

Every new Stones album - before it comes out - is lauded as "their best since Exile" (yep..even "Dirty work" was..)

If theyre being lined up for a Grammy for a record that hasnt even been made, what does that say about that organization?

as for an album with hit singles - please. Rock bands in their 60's dont compete with Christina Aguilera and Beyonce.
[Edited by Gazza]
02-05-04 04:16 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I hope they'll release a record with the biggest fuck-ups!
02-05-04 04:30 PM
Some Guy Gazza I hope it is true, my friend was very excited to tell me. But it is a rumour for now. As for Stones publicity regarding 40 year anniversary, I haven't seen the today show blow it up as they have been with the Beatles for example. I think we will see a lot more 40 Beatles hype to come.
02-05-04 04:31 PM
Monkey Woman That bigwig of the record industry must have been dreaming aloud on the lines of: "how nice (read profitable) it would be if the Stones released a new album and there was lots of hits on it and they did a big tour", and so on! Well, I can sympathize, of course! Who wouldn't want a new Stones album, that sold big to boot! And a new tour behind, yes!
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
02-05-04 04:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Hell...I'm hoping for a great new album to rub in the noses of some of our own Board Members.....

Hehehehehe! But what if you loooove it, and I don't?
02-05-04 04:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:Every new Stones album - before it comes out - is lauded as "their best since Exile" (yep..even "Dirty work" was..)

So, what's untrue about that I ask you, my Irish friend?
02-05-04 04:33 PM
LadyJane Now why would you think I was referring to you, my friend?!

LJ.
02-05-04 04:34 PM
Moonisup I have to say!

this tour had some of the most publicity I've seen, and 99% of it was positive
but I have a slightly different opinion~

rik
02-05-04 04:34 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Now why would you think I was referring to you, my friend?!

LJ.

I'm hoping on NO new album and NO new tour.
02-05-04 04:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Now why would you think I was referring to you, my friend?!

I just hoped you were LadyJ .
02-05-04 04:35 PM
Monkey Woman BTW, about 40th anniversary hype: there was one in 2002 (40 years since the band's first gig) and 2003 (first record). I think it's safe to expect something in the States in June, for the anniversary of their 1st American tour!
02-05-04 04:36 PM
LadyJane Am I going to have to start referring to the three of you as the "Naysayers from the Netherlands?"

HeHeHeHe

LJ.
02-05-04 04:37 PM
Angiegirl Whahaha, probably yeah. When they're finally gonna celebrate Brian's first Nanker?
02-05-04 04:38 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Am I going to have to start referring to the three of you as the "Naysayers from the Netherlands?"

HeHeHeHe

LJ.

The three Stooges.
02-05-04 04:38 PM
Moonisup
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Am I going to have to start referring to the three of you as the "Naysayers from the Netherlands?"

HeHeHeHe

LJ.

you may!
02-05-04 04:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If theyre being lined up for a Grammy for a record that hasnt even been made, what does that say about that organization?

Ummmmmm. Payola???
02-05-04 04:39 PM
Monkey Woman A real Greek choir. Well, a Dutch one, at least! The Cassandra trio?
02-05-04 04:41 PM
Mr T I've hardly heard anything about the Beatles anniversary, and I don't think the Stones have to worry about competition from the Beatles because the most they can do is re-package their old catalog. I mean - "1" was incredibly successful - but that was a single CD. Its not like. And I don't know about everyone else - but I don't really see the Beatles & Stones as being in total competition with each other as one is an active band and the other just has their nostalgic appeal. If anything, a renewed interest in the Beatles I think would be MORE likely to be a buildup for the Stones
if they could release their big retrospective at the same time as Elvis' - the Beatles won't be any more of a force to stop them from releasing new material - and its not like something coming out of the Beatles is going make make them quite for a whole year
and when the Stones come out with a new album, they're not gonna be marketing themselves as a band from the 60's still. they didn't for the last 3 decades, why would they now? that Beatles vs. Stones thing has gotta be so far in the past for them
02-05-04 04:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Mr T wrote:
I've hardly heard anything about the Beatles anniversary,

Right, I thought it was just me. Can't really remember any Beatles hype last year.
02-05-04 04:43 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Right, I thought it was just me. Can't really remember any Beatles hype last year.

That is because there wasn't any.
02-05-04 04:44 PM
Mr T and about the album. it'll come out, people will call it the best thing since Exile as Gazza said, and then after a month they'll shelve it like Voodoo Lounge. No Stones album will ever get that kind of long term respect no matter how good it is
02-05-04 04:46 PM
Angiegirl The times they are a-changing. Have been for a while. The Stones just don't have the same god-like status in the world anymore. Except for our little asylum-universe that is.
02-05-04 04:47 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Stones are finished as far as the general public is concerned.
02-05-04 04:48 PM
Moonisup if the stones had stopped after the death of brian, they would be bigger, you get a hero after you die, not everyone, I am a hero already, for example
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH