ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone have that movie? Return to archive
01-29-02 09:21 AM
MickChick I'd LOVE to see it!!
01-29-02 09:25 AM
MickChick Ooops!! This was ment to be a reply to this:

http://novogate.com/board/968/40453-1.html
01-29-02 11:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The movie "Burden of Dreams - Making Fitzcarraldo", is a documentary about how the movie "Fitzcarraldo" was made. It was a very expensive movie, with a lot of problems with locations, local indians, the main star and Jagger abandoning the film, etc. etc.

The film is not just about the obvious difficulty of moving the steamship over a mountain in the middle o a jungle. First, there are problems with local Indians that cannot be resolved and so the first location must be abandoned. At the new location, with 40% of filming complete, the star of the movie Jason Robarbs becomes sick and goes home to recover. His doctor forbids him to return.

Then Mick Jagger drops out because he can't stay the extra months needed to reshoot the film. He quits to make the final edition of Tattoo You and start the 1981-1982 tours.

Warning: There is only a minute or two of footage showing Robarbs and Jagger and the video is really expensive and hard to find.

01-29-02 03:56 PM
Gazza Its been shown on British TV on Channel 4 quite a few times ("Burden of Dreams", that is..). Really fascinating film
01-29-02 04:14 PM
Mathijs The bits with Jagger are hilarious, I haven't seen such bad acting since I tried a bit of Hamlet myself in sixth grade...Jagger with an 1800's Britisch accent, doing all the grand Jagger a la 1981 stage moves, it looks so weird! I did like Peformance and thought Freejack was o.k., but Fitzcaraldo is great to watch in a way that was certainly not intended!

Mathijs
01-29-02 06:20 PM
Gazza hard to say its bad acting on two minutes of footage - its worth remembering though that Mick's character (Wilbur??)is actually meant to be slow-witted and quite simple, which might explain a lot!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.