ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Box of Stones Return to archive
01-24-02 05:22 PM
quackenbush What do you think the Stones should put in the upcomming
boxed set? Does anyone know how many discs it will have?
Will it have previously released material?

01-25-02 09:27 AM
gimmekeef They should put a single disc of new material that kicks some ass.A box set imo means the end of the line and I dont want to face that!
01-25-02 11:00 AM
Jane Wyman (2) Just face it! The end is coming nearer and nearer. The boys deserve to rest in peace after 40 years of great rock'n roll.
01-25-02 12:06 PM
Cardinal Ximinez My Dear Lady Jane....

I respectfully disagree with you. The music is still strong in these guys. And from everything that I've read in interviews and such lately, none of the Stones seem ready to quit yet. There's still too much money to be made.

The box set is a money making ploy. Recent trends show that greatest hit packages sell very well. Not only that, but I expect this box to be all Rolling Stones Records stuff....Allen Klein won't see a penny of profit from this set.

I don't see this proposed and supposed box set as the end of anything. I think it's just a stop gap till they can get everyone together to record. Ronnie has been doing his thing, Mick his thing, Charlie his thing....Keef is still being Keef, dabling in this, guesting on that....I think you'll see the Stones hit the studio after the tour, and then hit the road again, for the new album.

This method made David Bowie a huge pile of cash(Sound & Vision box & tour). No reason to expect it wouldn't do even better for the Stones. It'll give them time to get some unit cohesion, maybe do some writing on the road, get everyone on the same page for the recording sessions. I think this will actually give us a better shot at a great album than if they went in the studio now and did a rush job.

I guess it's all in how you see things....half empty or half full, you know?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.