ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE REVIEW !!!!!!!!! Return to archive
02-10-03 09:17 AM
Joey

" THE SET LIST !!!!! "

Street Fighting Man

You Got Me Rocking

Start Me Up

Don't Stop

Rocks Off

Dead Flowers

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Monkey Man

Gimme Shelter

Rock Me Baby (with Johnny Lang)

Tumbling Dice

--- Introducions

Slipping Away

Happy

Sympathy for the Devil

Can't You Hear Me Knocking

Honky Tonk Women

Satisfaction

Mannish Boy (B-stage)

It's Only Rockn'n Roll (B-stage)

Brown Sugar (B-stage)

Jumping Jack Flash (encore)

Well , my Stones Brothers and Sisters , what can I say ??????? IT WAS THE GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL CONCERT I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!! Period ! Last Saturday night , February 1st , in Denver Colorado , Magic happened at the Pepsi Center . As soon as the guys hit the stage and roared into the opening chords to Street Fighting Man , I was completely taken aback by their manic energy that didn't stop throughout the entire show . It truly appeared as though everyone on the stage was having just as prodigious a time as the 20,000 ridiculously lucky ( especially me and my last minute ticket purchase ) audience members were..........Indeed , the entire feel of the show was that of a club gig and not a large PSL suite- lined luxury-box-riddled arena show , which is apropos since they don't call me " Clubby JOEY " for nothing . With BB King's Rock Me Baby ( opening act Johnny Lang was invited out to join the Stones on this one ) , Muddy Water's Mannish Boy , a wicked Brown Sugar and a torrential Gimme Shelter ( Lisa nailed the high notes --- all of them and Keith's arpeggios were stupendous ) this concert had the look and feel of a Club Show . I no longer feel bad about not getting into the Aragon gig last September in Chicago .

A particular highlight for me is a sober and rejuvenated Ronnie Wood playing brilliantly . This allows Keith the freedom to really move about the stage and nail every track with a ferocity I haven't seen since 1989's Steel Wheels Tour ( the last time Ronnie played well on tour ) . Keith holds everything together while Mick is sooooooooooooo magical as a frontman . The band played the best version of satisfaction I have ever seen and the crowd was whipped up into a frenzy . My friend Rob , who was seeing the group for the first time ever , noticed that the band members seem a lot more healthy and younger than he thought they would look and was quite impressed by Ronnie's grinning and fun - loving approach when the boys played on the B-Stage . Rob stated , " Ronnie seems to be really enjoying himself and saying to everybody ' What the Hell am I doing up here with these guys '?????? "

The encore was an amazing " Jumping Jack Flash " that brought the house down -- Unbelievable . My Brothers and Sisters , last Saturday evening , it was as if the Rolling Stones were proving that no matter what was going on in this orb of ours , there was nothing bigger or better than to be in Denver , Colorado playing for us , their loyal fans . It is truly a wonderful gift to be allowed the opportunity to witness such an occasion . I have seen some great performances in my lifetime ( The WHO in '82 , '89 , '00 , '02 ; MACCA '90 , '93 ; many Clapton , Dead , Bowie , and Stones shows ) but this concert topped them all .........Ladies and Gentlemen -- " The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World -- The Rolling Stones !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Joey

02-10-03 09:36 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy M. Joeyfly!

How was "Rocks Off"?

As they say in your strange delusions, "I just gots to know!"

-tSYX --- Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak...
02-10-03 10:38 AM
Joey " M. Joeyfly!

How was "Rocks Off"? "

OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IZZY , they can't tell me THE ROLLING STONES do not read this board .

They knew JUST what to play ..................

Oh , the knew alright ........................

They knew ....................................

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ BUNNY JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST