ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A mile of tears Return to archive
02-08-03 07:59 AM
gypsymofo60 Ordinarilly I consider myself a bit of a hard-case, I don't mean that in a "I'm a hard-man "-sense, I mean, you know! I like songs like JJF, Sympathy, SFM....hard songs. Tonight I listened ,(hard) to Sticky Fingers. I paid particular attention to Moonlight Mile, and ya know that crescendo as it builds to the fade out, it brought tears to my eyes, strange!.....God Bless those people headed to The Gulf.
02-08-03 09:43 AM
telecaster
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Ordinarilly I consider myself a bit of a hard-case, I don't mean that in a "I'm a hard-man "-sense, I mean, you know! I like songs like JJF, Sympathy, SFM....hard songs. Tonight I listened ,(hard) to Sticky Fingers. I paid particular attention to Moonlight Mile, and ya know that crescendo as it builds to the fade out, it brought tears to my eyes, strange!.....God Bless those people headed to The Gulf.

Moonlight Mile is amazing. Whenever The Stones used
strings it always worked out very well.

They should have done it more
02-08-03 10:46 AM
gypsymofo60 If there was one Stones song I would classify as ...BEAUTIFUL..'Moonlight Mile' would be that song. They have lots of ballady type songs that tug at the old heart strings, Wild Horses, Let It Loose, Winter, Coming Down Again, Memory Motel, Almost Hear You Sigh, but Moonlight Mile is very special, here comes that word again...Ethereal.
02-09-03 12:39 AM
woodywoodpecker Gypsy you softy!!!
That song is magic and really captures the brilliance of a stones ballad. I mean can you really name one stones ballad that you dislike? I know I cant. Rocker's they may be but their ballads "steal your heart away""

woody
02-09-03 02:30 AM
Fiji Joe Well, I'm gonna have to go and listen to it again..heard it on the radio the other day in the car...someone was w/ me so I couldn't cry...I'm all alone now...I look forward to weeping
02-09-03 03:35 AM
FotiniD
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Ordinarilly I consider myself a bit of a hard-case, I don't mean that in a "I'm a hard-man "-sense, I mean, you know! I like songs like JJF, Sympathy, SFM....hard songs. Tonight I listened ,(hard) to Sticky Fingers. I paid particular attention to Moonlight Mile, and ya know that crescendo as it builds to the fade out, it brought tears to my eyes, strange!.....God Bless those people headed to The Gulf.

And God bless all the innocent Iraquian or American people- men, women and children that will suffer from this war. It's so ridiculous, it doesn't make any sense. War doesn't make any sense.

Yes, Moonlight Mile is indeed a wonderful, very beautiful song. It gets me too Gypsy! Last time it did was this summer, driving in the middle of the night in the country. Open roads, endless fields and the sky dazzling with stars... It has an out of this world feeling... Beautiful song.
02-09-03 03:14 PM
Prodigal Son Pretty great ballad, I must agree. Those Paul Buckmaster strings are a powerful arrangement. They sound significantly like his arrangements with Elton John. I could almost see Moonlight Mile being an Elton song. But the Stones version would still be superior. I really admire that guitar work for Mick T. Sen-sational!
02-09-03 05:49 PM
beer It's a great song!! In Canada it is called "Moonlight Kilometer"

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST