ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fucking Hell. Are they going to *fire* Ronnie? Return to archive
02-07-03 11:24 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I'd like to point you to this thread from a supposed insider over at Shidoobee.

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessageRange?topicID=3973.topic&start=1&stop=20

I'm going to go have a good cry. Let me know when this issue's resolved.

I dunno - I just don't see it happening. Ronnie and Keith seem to have made up. Ronnie's playing better than ever before. If he decided that he didn't *want* to do another tour, I'd be more inclined to believe the insider. But this guy says that the Stones will not offer Ronnie a spot on the next tour.

Fuck everything. I'm going to bed.

-tSYX --- Look what you've done...
02-07-03 11:34 PM
Boomhauer No way!! Ronnie is not out.

If he was, well:

"Ya got me on mah kneeeeeeeeeeees. Please, baby, please...

You put me in a State.................A STATE OF SHOCK!!!"

02-08-03 12:14 AM
Half Nanker Wow, just a little over reacting here folks. Get it together, the boys are on a roll and will likely be back in the states in the fall. Good god, these posts on Shidoobee have no merit whatsoever. It's a person with too much time on there hands throwing out some speculations. Enjoy the music, there's enough in this world to worry about without this b.s.
02-08-03 01:14 AM
telecaster
quote:
Half Nanker wrote:
Wow, just a little over reacting here folks. Get it together, the boys are on a roll and will likely be back in the states in the fall. Good god, these posts on Shidoobee have no merit whatsoever. It's a person with too much time on there hands throwing out some speculations. Enjoy the music, there's enough in this world to worry about without this b.s.

Where is the smoking gun?????

Total BS.

Why am I responding to this post??
02-08-03 02:16 AM
FotiniD I don't think there's reason to worry. Why actually believe some unknown SirMPJ with five total posts in a board? Anyone can say whatever they want to say! What, like he actually found out all these extremely important news and just HAD to tell us, so he signed up on Shidoobee and his first post was about that?

Kind of "oh guys, I just soooooooooooooo hate to tell you, but Ronnie's out". How much credit can you give to that?

Rumours have been following this band eversince it started. No-one knows when it's going to be the last time. I'm almost positive they don't even know it themselves. But kicking Ronnie out of the band NOW, seems to me like the stupidest and most impossible scenario I've ever heard lately. It just doesn't make sense. A line-up change after all these years and with no particular reason? IMO they'll go on with the same line-up till they drop dead. Or Charlie decides he's had enough Nah, they'll go on even then. Charlie feels that way in the end of each tour, but always comes back.

So forget the rumours and ejoy the music
02-08-03 04:56 AM
beer sounds like bullshit to me.

02-08-03 05:34 AM
fmk438j
quote:
beer wrote:
sounds like bullshit to me.

ditto
02-08-03 06:38 AM
sonicrock BULLSHIT
02-08-03 08:16 AM
Honky Tonker Before you start believing this, please remember all of the rumors (untrue) prior to the tour.
02-08-03 08:26 AM
Nellcote Ixzy, get a grip.
02-08-03 09:39 AM
full moon This is another case of stupidity...
02-08-03 09:59 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ixzy, get a grip.

Oh, I've got one, doncha worry! *manic grin*.

I don't believe it either, to be honest, but it's still kinda one of those gut feelings ya get - that kind of "Oh, no"... like when that guy said Taylor'd be playing with them at MSG on 1/18. It was utter crap, of course, but for a second you get that feeling like "Oh, man, not *that*..." before rational thought kicks in.

-tSYX --- Hallelujiah!
02-08-03 10:10 AM
gypsy Ronnie has been on top of his game during this tour. Don't believe some random post on SD's board made by some guy who rides the short bus.
02-08-03 10:55 AM
crb69 All I want to know is who fucked up on Don't Stop from the HBO/MSG show? I was at the show and thought it was one of the best I ever saw but when I watched it on hbo I was skeptical. This was my 8th Stones concert since 10/89 and either Ronnie's guitar was out of tune on Don't stop or Mick was because I heard Keef playin' OK. Someone screwed up, the tech maybe? If Ronnie couldn't hear himself that could have screwed it up...All I know is the solo was off and the jam at the end sounded like a mess a one point. The show was great just a little sloppy in the beginning. CYHMK was better @ MSG in September, along with Thru and Thru's debut, although Mick's harp playing this time around on CYHMK was killer. So when are we going to get that "cream of the crop" DVD set of a retrospective collection from these guys? I hope not when they're dead! There is so much stuff on e-bay available, you just don't know how good the quality is. I got Let's Spend the Night togethr for x-mas on dvd (Brazilian) and it's not too bad. Just 2 channel stereo though. I hope they put together a combo DVD from this tour and let us die hard fans see some of the club gig material...
02-08-03 12:03 PM
Riffhard 100% pure unadulterated bullshit!

Hey Xyzzy, The rumours concerning Taylor playing at MSG were based on fact. It is absolutly true that the Stones camp contacted Taylor. I'm not sure if it was for the MSG show,but there was some discussions going on concerning Taylor doing some guest spots on the tour. They couldn't agree to the details concerning money,gigs,ect.,but they were most cetainly in the planning stage before it all fell apart.

I can only assume that you were refering to me when you stated that "some guy" over at Rocks Off was relaying this info. Well my young friend there was nothing "bullshit" about it. It just did not come off. I know things Xyy,yes I do!Respect your elders young pup!

Riffhard
02-08-03 12:17 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Naw, Riff, it wasn't you. It was just some guy. You talked in the more general sense, you never said "I know that Taylor will be playing on 'x' date". I don't doubt that they've done some talking with Taylor.

I hope... well... I guess it'd be cool if they had Taylor play one song like Johnny Lang. But *not* a whole show.

And *not* "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"! Let Taylor play on a nice cover, like "Rock Me Baby".

-tSYX --- Hear me ringin'...
02-08-03 02:00 PM
mikecooper The Stones WILL be done if one leaves the group. If Keith, Mick, Ronnie (yes Ronnie) or Charlie left and didn't want to do it anymore I would have to bet it all that they would end it! I would even go as far as saying Darryl as well.

The Stones are having a ton of fun today on the road and I am sure they dont need the money anymore and I am sure they couln'd spend what they do have in the bank in their lives!

My guess is a new CD, Box set, DVD and I hope the pay per view from China and then some time back to the States for another run around and then a long break, but durring that time (the break) I am sure it will take more and more to get Charlie to want to do something I think that after the Licks tour and or what ever they change it to (example Bridges to no security) it will be YEARS before they do anything again.
02-08-03 02:45 PM
KeepRigid "Somebody thought of that, and someone believe it"

Hey, why is everybody on the internet and over the age of 31.5 an idiot? (Not directed at you, Ixyzz.)

Man, the more I see, the more I realize that Kermit was doing things back in the day that...well, if I'd only caught it at the time, ya know?
02-08-03 04:46 PM
Gazza Absolute bullshit of the highest order.About 50 posts in that thread with nothing more than a few "I dont believe it"'s mixed in with vague and innocuous gossip mongering.

Ronnie's this tour's MVP in my book, and has pulled off the greatest comeback since Lazarus. His future was in jeopardy this time last year but after what he's done to get his act together, he's here to stay. This band has more togethermes and loyalty than that. I just wish I was as hopeful for Keith's current and future state of welbeing than I am for Ronnie.

it may be the last tour - naturally,as theyre not getting any younger, but thats hardly new speculation (mind you, I was told in the middle of the UK tour in June '99 by a senior member of the roadcrew that I spent a few hours with that theyd decided there'd be no more tours....so,so much for that for reliable info from 'insiders')

02-08-03 04:48 PM
Joey " Man, the more I see, the more I realize that Kermit was doing things back in the day that...well, if I'd only caught it at the time, ya know? "

Kermit Washington ??????

{{{{{{{{ POW ! }}}}}}}}}}}}}

02-08-03 06:10 PM
Stonesthrow Joey is an NBA fan? Kermit hasn't flattened any Houston Rockets in years.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST