ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SIA -- what in god's name is going on! Return to archive
02-07-03 10:30 AM
nankerphelge Clone death a mystery
By Kim Arlington
February 07, 2003

AUSTRALIA'S first cloned sheep, Matilda, has died unexpectedly of unknown causes, the South Australian Research Institute (SARDI) has announced.

Executive Director Rob Lewis said an independent autopsy failed to identify what killed Matilda, who died at the Turretfield Research Centre, north of Adelaide, on the weekend.

Her body was found by staff on Sunday morning.

"On Saturday, when she was last inspected, she was remarkably healthy," Mr Lewis said today.

"The animal has been particularly sprightly and her death was very unexpected."

----

For god's sake -- she was particularly sprightly!! How could this have happened!!

02-07-03 04:10 PM
Lacride Human being is part of the nature, not above it.
In other words: Don't Play With Fire
02-07-03 04:16 PM
Joey " AUSTRALIA'S first cloned sheep, Matilda, has died unexpectedly of unknown causes, the South Australian Research Institute (SARDI) has announced. "

Nanky , I forgot to mention to ya ......MaxMeister , Moonie and myself ran into " Matilda " at the Brown Palace Bar in Denver Saturday evening .......................she couldn't handle all three of us !

So much for cloning !

02-07-03 04:17 PM
nankerphelge I hear ya Lacride -- I'm not much for cloning either -- shit's just not right. But, if you find that one special sheep and you want her around for a long time, cloning gives you options.

Morals and ethics can be compromised when we're talking sheep!
02-07-03 05:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Nanky , I forgot to mention to ya ......MaxMeister , Moonie and myself ran into " Matilda " at the Brown Palace Bar in Denver Saturday evening .......................she couldn't handle all three of us !<

Wrong. She could handle all three of you just fine....you just didn't offer to pay her enough.

ALL sheep have their price.

02-07-03 06:53 PM
stonedinaustralia bloody hell nanker, you certainly keep your ear close to the ground when it comes to matters ovine

unconfirmed reports are circulating that a couple of empty Guiness bottles were discovered next to the deceased matilda and that traces of "blow" were found around the poor beast's nostrils

apparently a witness has told the authorities that he saw a man dressed as a huge marijuana leaf and "crying violently" leaving the institute undercover of the night shortly before the scientists made their gruesome discovery

i'll let you know if i hear anything further...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
02-07-03 06:59 PM
Scottfree Holy Sheepsh*t....
02-07-03 08:19 PM
Lacride LOL!!!
02-07-03 08:21 PM
Lacride I forgot:
clone Lisa!
02-07-03 10:31 PM
Highwire Rob There's got'ta be an "Australian for..." Fosters joke but it's just not coming... any ideas?

(All in good fun )

--Rob.
02-08-03 01:05 PM
egon
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
There's got'ta be an "Australian for..." Fosters joke but it's just not coming... any ideas?

(All in good fun )

--Rob.

how about this;

http://www.boners.com/grub/789084.html

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST