ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: woodpecker-art 2003 cover's & updates Return to archive
02-07-03 01:00 AM
woodywoodpecker HEYLO,

Spent some time updating the site today

new 03 cover's available at:

http://www.woodpecker-art.com

thanks woody
02-07-03 02:32 AM
Stonesthrow You might want to redo the 1-30-03 artwork. The city is spelled Phoenix, not Pheonix.
02-07-03 03:11 AM
stoneslib It's an honor to see my San Diego Keith B-stage pic
on tour artwork, even though it's mis-applied in this instance
to the Toronto Palais (?!) cover.

H

[Edited by stoneslib]
02-07-03 03:18 AM
woodywoodpecker STIFF SHIT AINT IT.
02-07-03 03:38 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:
STIFF SHIT AINT IT.

LOL!
02-07-03 03:41 AM
gypsymofo60 I don't know? If people are sooooooooo sensative about THEIR PHOTOS- why put them up on an internet site for perusal at all.....Ah, shit Woody you're infringing on copyright now, you naughty boy you. Heeheehee
02-07-03 10:42 AM
Lazy Bones I can see a point in this case because Woody sells/trades his artwork. Albeit, they are nice covers, Stoneslib does have a point.
To some point, we all trade and do b&ps with/for eachother. Once someone tries to make money from Stones' (or someone else's) material, I, for one, raise an eyebrow.
02-07-03 12:44 PM
stoneslib Actually, "stiff" insults aside, I have no concerns about the re-application of my pic that I *purposely* posted online in decent size for people to enjoy and use. As I indicated, it's an *honor* to see my amateur stuff selected for creative use within the global fan community, and WP is not the first to do so. I'm not a pro concerned about protecting my intellectual property, so have at 'em, ladies and gents.

My point was that, for historical fidelity, a *San Diego* Keith is out of place on a *Toronto* cover.

And, of course, that's very nice work, artistically, WP.
I'd love to see your take on a San Diego cover using matching venue imagery.

H
02-07-03 06:34 PM
woodywoodpecker No problems Stoneslib,

My stand offish attidude is because everytime I post something about me site I get attacked which is pathetic.
As for your comment about the wrong pic on cover Ive answered that "Stiff shit aint it" I have also done the palias Royale cover and I decided to use your pic "which by the way is a great pic, thank you"

And when I design a cover for someone say for a 71 or 75 show finding a picture from that show or year can be impossible, so think yourself lucky its a 2002 pic not keef from 1965 on a 2002 cover.
02-07-03 07:08 PM
stoneslib No problems here either, Woodpecker; I'm not the attacking type myself.

And thanks for the kind words about that Keith pic I took.
I have a 12x16 print of it on my office wall as a sweet memory of that stunning B-stage experience.
02-08-03 12:39 AM
gypsymofo60 Now that's what we all like to see. That communal spirit washing over one, and all. Besides thems A-rabs ta fight!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST