ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favourite song, favourite album, Jones vs Taylor, Taylor vs Wood,etc. Return to archive
02-05-03 11:00 PM
gypsymofo60 From this point on I am now commited to denying myself A FAVOURITE ANYTHING....I now subscribe to the school of FAVOURITE ERA!....It begins with the release of Jumping Jack Flash in May of 1968, Lindsay Hoggs brilliant film clip. they were not VIDEOS in '68. It continues into the early 70s peaking with The 1972/73 World Tour. Unlike certain know-all, know nothing critics, GHS, IORR, and Black & Blue are rock classics, Yep! Cock-bumping an' all. It ends with SOME GIRLS(studio wise), and HANDSOME/GORGEOUS GIRLS road work wise. I still enjoy what they've done since 1978, especially Tattoo, and Undercover, but for me '68 to '78 were the great days........Stroke me Billy!- STROKE ME DARLING!
02-06-03 04:21 AM
Child of the Moon Gypsy, I essentially agree with you. But I extend my favorite era back to '66, with the release of 19th Nervous Breakdown and the appearance of the Stones on Ed Sullivan early that year, performing Breakdown, As Tears Go By, and Satisfaction. It goes on through Aftermath, the '66 tours, Have You Seen Your Mother, Got LIVE, Between the Buttons, Ruby Tuesday and Let's Spend "Some Time" Together, We Love You, all the way up to Satanic Majesties and the mutation from a pop band into a rock band. I suppose I could say it ends with Handsome Girls, but that would be leaving out some other essentials. So I'll say my favorite era ranges from 1966 to 1981 - the New Barbarians, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You, and the 1981 "cocaine 'n' Charlie" tour.
02-06-03 05:23 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Child of the Moon wrote:
Gypsy, I essentially agree with you. But I extend my favorite era back to '66, with the release of 19th Nervous Breakdown and the appearance of the Stones on Ed Sullivan early that year, performing Breakdown, As Tears Go By, and Satisfaction. It goes on through Aftermath, the '66 tours, Have You Seen Your Mother, Got LIVE, Between the Buttons, Ruby Tuesday and Let's Spend "Some Time" Together, We Love You, all the way up to Satanic Majesties and the mutation from a pop band into a rock band. I suppose I could say it ends with Handsome Girls, but that would be leaving out some other essentials. So I'll say my favorite era ranges from 1966 to 1981 - the New Barbarians, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You, and the 1981 "cocaine 'n' Charlie" tour.

And there are aspects of what you say that cannot be denied Child. Eg: How can I neglect Satisfaction? Majesties, which I make no excuses for adoring, but I had to be Machavellian in my final analysis,(God I sound pompous at times), my apologies I don't really mean it, I"m really common as muck. I agree with your analogy about going from "pop" to "rock"...ie: Satisfaction. I was dreaming all this up as I studied the smoke from our Aussie bushfires last week, "born in a cross-fire hurricane".
02-06-03 06:28 PM
woodywoodpecker Gyp's you had me worried with your header! Taylor vs Wood for a minute. I have always enjoyed everything from the 70's upwards but now that Im mellowing with the dreadful age syndrome I appreciate the 60's very much, their 1 st lp was fantastic. Lie you said B&B is a brilliant lp.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST