ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: When It Comes To Stones Albums, Which Side Is For You? Return to archive
02-05-03 07:22 AM
no_cole_porter When you listen to a Stones album, Which songs do you tend to prefer, The hard rockers like Sympathy For The Devil, Midnight Rambler, You Got Me Rocking or Jumpin' Jack Flash Or are songs like Wild Horses, Slipping Away, Already Over Me and Love In Vain?
02-05-03 07:42 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Well, I'm a real, hard rocker.

It's hard to keep up with me.

-tSYX --- You a real, hard rocker... and you should give it up... give it up!
02-05-03 08:05 AM
Lacride Wild Horses, Slipping Away, Already Over Me and Love In Vain...
all fine tunes, but the Stones got to roll! They gotta move!

I listen first to GOOMC, Shattered, I'm A Monkey, Street Fighting Man, etc.
02-05-03 09:25 AM
sammy davis jr. Hate the ballads.....except Moonlight Mile and Winter, which aren't really ballads, just great songs. I'll take side one of Exile over any other recording on earth.
02-05-03 10:08 AM
Lazy Bones From Emotional Rescue to Voodoo Lounge to Some Girls, I think it's the album as a whole (rockers, ballads, whatever) that makes it. Very rarely will I skip or program tracks to suit a particular "theme".
02-05-03 10:14 AM
Boomhauer I agree Lazy Bones.

It's like having good alcohol in front of you, and you can't decide which one to drink. So you just get a sip of all of them.

lol

BTW, listen to Slave in some gooooooooood headphones. You'll probably be air-guitaring in about 5 seconds!

Oh yeah, all of the songs have to be loud, even the ballads.
02-05-03 12:42 PM
sasca Yeah, it depends on the rocker or ballad in question. I love JJ Flash and Ruby Tuesday, Bitch and Heart Of Stone.
02-05-03 12:49 PM
doo doo doo Dude The side I like most has always been side 2 of Tattoo You!
02-05-03 04:38 PM
Stones Fan, Gar I have to agree, one side from one album, side 2 of Tatoo You is a great side. Very relaxing.
02-05-03 05:07 PM
Nellcote Side 1
Exile On Main St

Says it all.....
02-06-03 12:58 PM
Cant Catch Me Yep, side 1 Exile's good, besides side 2, label down, silver side up, don't play too good. Ya'll got any secret tips on how to make it work that way? ... ; )
02-06-03 01:01 PM
sasca Nice pictures. Shiny,shiny, shiny boots of leather....mmm...must get out my Velvets/Reed albums.
02-07-03 06:48 AM
corgi37 To any jerks who dont like the stones, i always say i like the 1st song as much as the next one. But, to really bar up and get off, side 2 of Love you Live, or All of Sticky Fingers. Party with Brown Sugar and Sway, go...awwwww to Wild Horses, get ya pants off to Cant ya hear me knocking, get a beer/have a piss to You gotta move, put your arms around your wife and lick her face to Bitch, slow dance with her to I got the blues, sit down, close your eyes and be chilled by Sister Morphine, get another beer and square dance with your mate to Dead Flowers and finally stand still in amazed, frozen admiration for the beauty that is Moonlight Mile. Then kiss your wife, smooch the 18 year old baby sitter that is about to go home, get your nipple pierced, shave your pubes, grab that bottle of brandy, tell your mates you love them, then tell them to fuck off, and put on Exile, side 3 and 4, and wonder how the hell anyone from this earth can make such magnificent, incredible music. Then titter your tits off knowing its only 20 days to go!
02-07-03 10:15 AM
no_cole_porter Wow.
02-07-03 12:18 PM
Martini
quote:
doo doo doo Dude wrote:
The side I like most has always been side 2 of Tattoo You!

I agree. It has great continuity and shows the band being a little experimental. It would be great to see them rediscover some of the musical textures that make that side of the LP so incredibly wonderful to experience in one sitting.

-M
02-08-03 12:31 PM
full moon Side 2 Tattoo You...But, Listening to entire albums is what really flows and creates the mood..

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST