ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brit Award Return to archive
02-05-03 06:47 AM
hipshake Why haven't The Stones won a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Brits.
02-05-03 08:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man Fuck Knows!

The whole things a damn farce anyway!

Macca has turned it down yet again!

He reckons if he accepts his reward it will signal the end of his career

This years award goes to Tom Jones

Alex
02-05-03 04:14 PM
Gazza probably because theyve never deemed this shitty farce of a show worthy of their presence

The "Lifetime achievement" award is so full of integrity and value that they'll only give it to you if you turn up and perform. If you don't, then obviously youre not worthy of the award after all so they get some other poor sap in who needs the publicity more than you do.

When you consider some of the acts who have LAUGHABLY been "honoured" with this award for "lifetime achievement" no wonder the Stones have never played this show. I hope they continue to tell these idiots to take a flying fuck.
02-06-03 06:11 PM
stewed & Keefed [quote]Honky Tonk Man wrote:

!

Macca has turned it down yet again!

He reckons if he accepts his reward it will signal the end of his career

[In that case Pity he didn't accept in 1962]
02-07-03 09:13 AM
egon richards went there to accept an award.

think it was about 3 years ago.

02-07-03 10:06 AM
jb Why should they accept an award from a country that has long ago discarded them as old relics....they have not even sold old the 2nd Twickenham show yet.
02-07-03 03:36 PM
Gazza >richards went there to accept an award.

No he didnt..that was a Q magazine award.
02-07-03 03:37 PM
Gazza >Why should they accept an award from a country that has long ago discarded them as old relics....they have not even sold old the 2nd Twickenham show yet.

How many cities on the US tour sold enough tickets for them to add a second stadium show?

heres a clue - its slightly less than one..
02-07-03 03:37 PM
jb Gazza...it's wonderful that peace has finally taken hold in N. Ireland. Good luck to you and enjoy the tour. Your friend, Josh.
02-07-03 03:45 PM
Gazza well, thats a facade and a myth because I dont consider that it ever HAS or ever will, but thanks for your sentiments anyway. Paradoxically, its still crime-wise one of the safest parts of the British Isles to live in,however, contrary to it's image.
02-08-03 01:01 PM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>richards went there to accept an award.

No he didnt..that was a Q magazine award.

you're right, oh wise one :-)

still, is that better the brits?
02-08-03 04:32 PM
Gazza not really as the Brits are,I suppose, seen as the UK equivalent of the Grammys

No-one over the age of about 30 takes the Brit Awards seriously anyway, in terms of credibility though
02-08-03 04:53 PM
Moonisup ronnie has a brit, he got in 2000 I think, a life time thing, he got,

and maybe a few pints of guinness when he came for it, I remember he got beer poored over his head
02-08-03 06:17 PM
Gazza >ronnie has a brit, he got in 2000 I think, a life time thing, he got,

uh...no..he was there to PRESENT an award for best movie soundtrack and ended up getting into a drunken exchange with DJ Brandon Block who had staggered onto the stage as someone had played a prank on him telling him he'd won an award....he reacted unfavourably to Ronnie telling him to "get off the stage ya c**t"

Ronnie getting a lifetime achievement award?? For what? Guinness consumption?? LOL
02-08-03 06:46 PM
Moonisup oh well haha I knew he was there haha
02-08-03 07:09 PM
Gazza yeah , but did HE?? I'm not so sure from the TV footage!!!
02-08-03 07:11 PM
Moonisup I have seen pictures of him, poored with beer

at the brits
02-08-03 08:07 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
jb wrote:
Why should they accept an award from a country that has long ago discarded them as old relics....they have not even sold old the 2nd Twickenham show yet.

This is absolutely right JB! I've said it before, and I'll say it again anyone in The British music business who makes it worldwide inevitably become the victims of their own success at home. It's called "The tall poppy syndrome"...and Brits are the worst in the world for it, build 'em up, then cut 'em down to size. This was a small part of the whole '67 bust ya know. The establishment's mentality of "They're getting too big for their boots". Fuck The Brit awards! They're shite anyway.
02-08-03 08:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man Its been a while since i have seen the footage. I remember sitting in my bedroom watching it and thinking how FANTASTIC that bit was. Didn't Ronnie say how he was going to get "My Mate Vinnie" Jones to sort out the DJ?

From what i remember, it was RONNIE who poured drink on the DJ, not the other way round.

Its all great stuff anyway!

Alex
02-08-03 08:29 PM
Moonisup vinnie his old drinking pall
02-08-03 08:32 PM
gypsymofo60 All sounds a bit like the time Paul Weller apparently bottled Sid Vicious.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST