ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: San Jos� Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
02-05-03 04:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man Here it is. from Shidoobieland

1. Street Fighting Man
2. You Got Me Rocking
3. If You Can't Rock Me
4. Don't Stop
5. It's Only Rock and Roll
6. No Expectations
7. Sweet Virginia
8. All Down The Line
9. Tumbling Dice

INTROS
10. Thru and Thru
11. Before They Make Me Run
12. Start Me Up
13. Gimme Shelter
14. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
15. Honky Tonk Woman
16. Satisfaction

Walk to the b stage
17. When The Whip Comes Down
18. Like A Rolling Stone
19. Brown Sugar

Encore on Main Stage
20. Jumping Jack Flash
02-05-03 05:33 AM
marko Ex list..except the fucking LARS!fuck yup.
02-05-03 07:41 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ahhhhhhh...

"All Down The Line"...

Ahhhhhhh....

Ronnie has consistantly made that song his bitch, and it's obvious the band *loves* to play it.

I love that song.

-tSYX --- Woncha be my little baby for awhile?
02-05-03 09:29 AM
Nellcote No Expectations getting a non theme playing is interesting...
02-05-03 09:40 AM
nankerphelge My thoughts exactly Nellcote -- very pleasant surprise!

Looks like they are mixing it up a bit these last few shows!!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
02-05-03 10:12 AM
jb All down the line has been consistantly played from 72 forward..one of their greatest rockers ever....Mick Taylors lead guitar on the boots is menacing...
02-05-03 10:43 AM
nankerphelge The Perth '73 version is amazing!
02-05-03 11:05 AM
Phog No Expectations, Sweet Va., All Down The Line.....Very

nice set. Thru and Thru too! Killer stuff.
02-05-03 12:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
The Perth '73 version is amazing!

Yeah, I have a few 'selections' from Perth '73... Our buddy Mick Jagger manages to condense Mick Taylor's name into one syllable. "C'mon Mktaylr!" That is a great live version. I also like the 'sloppy' studio version, with the chourus kinda drunkenly singing along behind Mick with a messier guitar sound. The only complaint I have about Perth '73s version is that it seems very empty musically, as opposed to nowadays, for which it's one of the few times I'm glad the Stones have that entouarage backing them - they make it into a glorious mess like on the album.

-tSYX --- Hear it for a thousand miles, all right!
02-05-03 03:24 PM
Tom

02-05-03 03:40 PM
Gazza Mick's T-shirt beats the one he wore in San Diego for "best of the entire tour" to date!!!
02-05-03 05:23 PM
Moonisup who is that woman

hope she ain't one of the board
02-05-03 05:52 PM
Honky Tonk Man Your right Ric!

ERRUGGGGHHHHH!

Alex
02-05-03 05:59 PM
telecaster
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Your right Ric!

ERRUGGGGHHHHH!

Alex

f

She looks like Tony Sopranos sister Janice, she even has the
Stones tattoo in the right place!!!!!!!!!!!!

ERRUGGGHHHHH is right Alex!

02-05-03 09:41 PM
Gimme Shelter Got back from the San Jose show early this morning, and all I have to say is the Stones were on fire. I was so psyched they played "No Expectations". The crowd really seemed to be into the show the whole way through. The only downer is I have to wait for them to come back through N. Calif. again to see them.
02-05-03 09:46 PM
howlinrock I was somewhat ambivalent about attending this show after Pac Bell and Oakland. I even waited for the day of the show to acquire a ticket. I followed my intuitions as they felt positive and so was this show. Following this tour has been more interesting than previous ones. Why? They are playing at a level that only comes from many years of performing together.

I called my friend Joe at 4:30 and said let�s go. We left SF and as I drove I kept wondering would I regret this? And after watching the HBO special a few times I kept asking myself would be seeing anything new? After purchasing two tickets from a very pleasant woman in the box office (with many seats still available at show time) we were elated to find ourselves at the side stage front row. This was a gift of a gig to witness from this point of observation. I have never been this close to The Stones in the many gigs I have witnessed since 66 at the Cow Palace.

Their intensity was evident from SFM. Mick even sang the last verse up one register. Problems with ear monitors were corrected after a small tantrum. No Expectations was sweet and so was Virginia as well. All Down The Line was tight. They played a really strong version of CYHMK tonight.

The real treat came during the diesel version of Satisfaction during which the woman setting next to us began to flash Mick every time he would dance up to our vicinity. (Next to the horn section) Wearing only a skimpy dress with a Stones thong underneath. Mick appeared to find her fascinating. He�s old tramp at heart. The look (expression) on his face was worth a million dollars as he wiped his face some twenty feet away. Classic moments as he came back twice later in the set and sent Keith over for a look as well. This amused everyone in our vicinity.

The Whip was hot, even with my personal dislike for LARS it was tolerable and I dug BS on the B stage. This show will remain in my memory for some time to come, along with Oakland.
02-05-03 11:20 PM
nankerphelge That's great stuff!
Wish I had heard No Expectations this time out!
I missed I Got the Blues in '99 too!
Hate missin' them bluzy ones!
Sure hope they play both for me next time.

02-06-03 12:22 AM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Mick's T-shirt beats the one he wore in San Diego for "best of the entire tour" to date!!!

Gazza...I couldn't agree with you more.

59 1/2 years old...GOD BLESS YOU, Mick!

BTW...who is that incredibly shameless woman with the tat?
02-06-03 05:24 AM
luxury1 Damn it! I told Voodoo NOT to run this shot. It was to be for his personal collection only.
02-06-03 06:51 AM
Nellcote Anyone have knowledge about the info on the guitar given to Keith by Bill Gibbons? Does their relationship go back?
02-06-03 06:52 AM
corgi37 Quite fine set list, and marvellous pics. That woman is something special. It sounds like they are absolutely on fire. Only 21 days until its my turn!
02-06-03 07:48 AM
LadyJane I presume the photos of Woody express his reaction to the "flasher". What was she thinking?

Well, what can a poor girl do? 'Cept to Flash for a Rock N Roll Band????

LadyJ.

02-06-03 12:00 PM
Saint Sway was the theme of the nite: songs with "rock" in the title

thankfully they didnt dust off Rock & A Hard Place
[Edited by Saint Sway]
02-06-03 05:17 PM
LadyJane 2003

Richards lifts Stones in S.J. show
Mark Whittington
Mercury News

The answer was plastered all over Keith Richards' crevices. His smile of pure joy answered all the unspoken questions.

Would the Rolling Stones rock or sleepwalk Tuesday night in San Jose? Is the only reason to extend this tour to slurp a few more million from the American gravy train? Why pay up to $300 a seat when you can see the band's HBO special?

The opening strains of ``Street Fighting Man'' brought the aging rock fans who'd filled HP Pavilion to their feet, where they stayed standing and howling for two hours.

``Tonight we're gonna be the sharks in the Shark Tank,'' Mick Jagger growled as the band launched into ``Don't Stop.''

It didn't. Greatest hit followed greatest hit. ``Satisfaction.'' ``Brown Sugar.'' ``Start Me Up.'' ``Tumblin' Dice.'' ``Gimme Shelter.'' ``Honky Tonk Woman.'' ``Jumpin' Jack Flash.''

No matter that the band had played all these songs three months ago at sold-out shows at Pac Bell Park and the Oakland Coliseum Arena. Everybody knows it's only rock 'n' roll. But they like it.

That was obvious on stage. The Stones are still touring because it's fun.

What was different Tuesday night? Not much. The sound was better. Ron Wood chipped in a sinuous acoustic slide on ``No Expectations.'' The biggest difference: Last fall belonged to Jagger's showmanship; this time, Richards drove the band with his minimalist guitar riffs.

The Stones head to L.A.'s Staples Center tonight to play a free public concert for the first time since their ill-fated show at Altamont in 1969. ``Kangaroo Jack'' producer Steve Bing is footing the bill to benefit the National Resources Defense Council."

LadyJ
02-06-03 09:07 PM
Child of the Moon Definitely some of the best Ronnie pix I've seen thus far. And I love that Billy Gibbons guitar that Keef's slinging now. Long live the Jake Fry guy!
02-07-03 08:11 AM
Staffan Ahh, nice to see those Ronnie pics and to finally see a pic of Keith playing "THE guitar"...

I scrolled down quickly when that woman came up!! Nasty..

Great setlist too, No expectations is something I'd love to hear!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST