ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Torino 82. tre-uno, tre-uno, tre-uno Return to archive
02-04-03 10:51 AM
TT Wasn�t it the day before (the day of) the world final? Me, my grandma and my cousin came back from a Berlin vacation. I was 14 and just had discovered the Stones (Still Life). We watched the final at my grandma�s home. Italy deserved to win after all (they kicked Brasil and Argentina out of the tournament). Though I�m German;-)

Later I heard that Jagger predicted the right result wearing that shirt above and shouting to the crowd tre-uno (3-1), which was the right result. ROSSI!!!

So in 1998 I was at Amsterdam�s Arena. The Stones went Offstage after BS. Suddenly there was Argentina-Holland on the screen. (Holland had beaten the Arg. a day before). The two goals were shown on the big screen (Patrick Kluivert (?)- GOOOOOAAAAALLL! And I shouted GOOOAAALLL like 50,000 others! The same with the second goal by Dennis Bergkamp GOOOAAALLLL. Believe it or not, I was a Dutch that night!!)

Cheers.
02-04-03 10:54 AM
TT They went BEFORE BS, and after it, too;-))
02-04-03 09:54 PM
J.J.Flash What do you have against Brasil and Argentina teams!? huh?!
02-04-03 10:08 PM
Madafaka I'm wondering exactly the same!
02-04-03 10:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
What do you have against Brasil and Argentina teams!? huh?!

Nothing, he is telling THE FACTS with no additional opinion
02-04-03 10:17 PM
Madafaka Hum... Is true Voodoo. You're right, sorry.
But South American soccer rulez anyway!
02-04-03 10:21 PM
gypsymofo60 Look! no offence intended but some Brasilian, and Argentinian squads have been horribly overrated, and that is a fact. Why worry?....Try supporting England, it's a goddamn heartbreaker.
02-04-03 10:32 PM
Madafaka Ok, last year Argentina Team was horrible. But the coach has all the responsability. Everybody here wanna see play Batistuta and Crespo together, but no him. And worst, Bielsa will be the coach to Germany 2006!
02-04-03 10:46 PM
J.J.Flash I know Voodoo, I know! Overrrated you said gypsy? Why, what's the reason the old team soccer from Brasil (58-90) is overrated? I think you try to mean, some good, but some actual "poser" players from Brasil and Argentina are overrated.
And see the Azzuri POST. I told like the way that the england's players with his coldness and determination and how the brazilians need this feature sometimes.
Take care guys! gypsy, I know you don't wanna offend nobody. Take care friend!
02-04-03 10:55 PM
gypsymofo60 I just feel a whole romantic notion concerning particulary Brazil has been built up over the years. Great teams in 1958(video assessment), 1970, 1982, 1986. 2002 simply the best of a rubbish contingent all together. Argentina were lucky in '78, worthy winners in '86, lucky beyond belief in 1990 to make the final, and Batty's past it. Maradonna will be remembered as The greatest player of all time, better than Pele. The Germans are the true kings of world football.
02-04-03 11:13 PM
Madafaka Hum... I don't agree with you. In my opinion Brazil is better than Germany. The way that Brazil plays football is like magic. People who live in Brazil play football in beaches, stadiums, streets, etc, etc. They got football in your blood. Is passion, is a way of life... German team is great, but they aren't Brazil.
02-04-03 11:41 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Hum... I don't agree with you. In my opinion Brazil is better than Germany. The way that Brazil plays football is like magic. People who live in Brazil play football in beaches, stadiums, streets, etc, etc. They got football in your blood. Is passion, is a way of life... German team is great, but they aren't Brazil.

Granted! Being a football(soccer) fanatic, nothing gladdened my heart more than to see children, some as young as five playing football on the beach in Rio, laughing and playing as if there were no tomorrow, as you sayit is in their blood. That is a wonderful sight! but you rarely see the images of young kids out in all sorts of foul weather in the north of England playing with the same enthusiasm. it doesn't fit the romantic image. Germany's record speaks for itself. Never failed to qualify for The World Cup, or Te Euro' Championships, their club sides are as dominant as any in Europe, and although they may not always win The World Cup they are usually there at the final stages. I would never bet against a German.
02-05-03 06:00 AM
TT Hey, folks,

keep cool;-))

I meant Italy deserved to win against germany (and I�m german), OK? They derserved to win because the�ve beaten THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD (then;-))

OK?

Yours,

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge
02-05-03 07:22 AM
elmolewis69 The photo is from the day after the final. There've been 2 concerts in Turin. One on saturday (the day of the final) and Mick said in Italia"Ok ! you're gonne win tonight. Italia 3 Alemania 1" You can listen to the bootleg "Mundialito".
The day after (Sunday) the Stones were introduced by claudio Gentile, the defensor or the Italian team and then Jagger dressed the shirt of Paolo Rossi (nr.20).
I've been there and remember quite well.
02-05-03 07:44 AM
TT So Gentile said the introduction?? ("Ladies and gentlemen...." - in Italian, of course)??

Can you provide me a scan of the tickets??
02-05-03 10:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Torino - 1982 - Grazie molto Fabio!
02-05-03 05:27 PM
Gazza yep.thats right - one day after playing in the final in Madrid, Gentile was the MC for the Stones 2nd show in Turin

>Maradonna will be remembered as The greatest player of all time, better than Pele

depends on what era you grew up in,I guess...also Maradona would have been seen more often playing in front of European & worldwide audiences and on TV in Europe and elsewhere than Pele as Pele played in Brazil for practically all of his career.

Pele however said that the greatest player he ever saw was George Best. Of course, the fact that George and myself were born in the same neigbourhood and in the same city has nothin' to with the fact that I agree with him.....

certainly those 3 would be the best I ever saw anyway.
[Edited by Gazza]
02-05-03 09:16 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Gazza wrote:
yep.thats right - one day after playing in the final in Madrid, Gentile was the MC for the Stones 2nd show in Turin

>Maradonna will be remembered as The greatest player of all time, better than Pele

depends on what era you grew up in,I guess...also Maradona would have been seen more often playing in front of European & worldwide audiences and on TV in Europe and elsewhere than Pele as Pele played in Brazil for practically all of his career.

Pele however said that the greatest player he ever saw was George Best. Of course, the fact that George and myself were born in the same neigbourhood and in the same city has nothin' to with the fact that I agree with him.....

certainly those 3 would be the best I ever saw anyway.
[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza, I grew up idolising Bestie, think with a different attitude he would've wiped the floor with any of them. Unfortunately his career peaked in a team that was past it's best, it saddens me no end to see how he has ended up. Have you seen him in the clip to The Last Time?
02-05-03 09:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Eire... Eire... Eire...

-tSYX --- You got to ro-o-oll me...
02-05-03 09:32 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Eire... Eire... Eire...

-tSYX --- You got to ro-o-oll me...

OK! Ronnie Whelan, Ronnie Whelan, Jack Char...whoops!.......Twas of a Wild Colonial Boy....
02-06-03 04:43 PM
Gazza >Gazza, I grew up idolising Bestie, think with a different attitude he would've wiped the floor with any of them. Unfortunately his career peaked in a team that was past it's best,

well..I dunno about that! That team won the European Cup when he was at his peak!! although they went downhill after that! still,youre talking about a man who was regarded by many as the best player on the planet yet who effectively gave up top class football at 26...what MIGHT have been!

>it saddens me no end to see how he has ended up. Have you seen him in the clip to The Last Time?

oh yes...from Top of The Pops in 1965!!! hes actually just had a liver transplant and tryin' to stay off the booze but he's gettin' there with the help of his LOVELY young wife!!

TheSavageYoungXyzzy
>Eire... Eire... Eire...

huh? whats that got to do with George Best, if anything? LOL

02-06-03 06:11 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thats right Gazza. His LOVELY young wife who has the same name as ME!

Alex

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST