ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clinton to appear at the free Rolling Stones concert Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
02-02-03 11:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Please don't start a non-sense political thread LOL

12:59 a.m., February 2, 2003

LOS ANGELES � Former President Bill Clinton plans to appear at a free Rolling Stones concert this week dedicated to raising awareness about global warming, event organizers said Sunday.

Clinton, who sported sunglasses and played his sax on "The Arsenio Hall Show" during a 1992 campaign appearance, isn't expected to perform with the rock band during the Thursday concert at Los Angeles' Staples Center.

Instead, he will make a speech from the stage addressing the importance of fighting global warming, according to the Natural Resources Defense Council, the nonprofit activist group staging the event.

The show was conceived as a way to put "a worldwide spotlight on global warming and the opportunities that exist right now to start fixing the problem," said Jon Coifman, spokesman for NRDC.

About 12,000 fans won tickets to the show in an Internet drawing last month, while others received passes through nationwide radio station giveaways.

Last fall, the Rolling Stones performed three concerts in Southern California as part of its Licks World Tour. The Staples Center, site of one of those shows, seats approximately 20,000 for concerts.

The band is currently completing the North American stretch of the tour and will launch the international leg later this month starting in Australia, with shows to follow throughout Asia and Europe.

02-03-03 12:29 AM
Fiji Joe This isn't political but, if that mofo ends up on stage playing with my boys...well, they just might not be my boys anymore...not because I detest Clinton, and I do, but how cheesy would that be?...I can forgive the cockdance on stage...but just having a cock on stage, well, that's another story
02-03-03 04:44 AM
luxury1 Maybe Mick will yell out "Hillary Clinton give me a blow-job" again. THat would be cool.
02-03-03 09:09 AM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems I'll bet William "The Zipper" tries to get Lisa or Sheryl to go with him after the show.
02-03-03 09:50 AM
jb Clinton , IMO the greatest president since Kennedy, is a huge Stones fan...
02-03-03 09:54 AM
CS

02-03-03 09:56 AM
jb Nice!!!!
02-03-03 10:01 AM
throbby Which Stones tune do you think he was groovin' to whilst sharing cigars with Monica in the oval office?
02-03-03 10:04 AM
F505 I like Clinton: even have a bootleg from him. He plays sax in a Prague jazz club. Very good!!!
02-03-03 10:05 AM
LadyJane Right off the top of my "head":

"Backstreet Girl"
"Under my Thumb"
"Some Girls"
"Brand New Car"

Take your pick!!

LadyJ.
02-03-03 10:05 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here's Bill with Keith - real photo, from the MSG Benefit concert

And Luxury, the "Brian Jones" will be for Keith, not for Mick!

02-03-03 10:06 AM
F505 keith looks a bit skinny
02-03-03 10:10 AM
LadyJane SKINNY??!!He looks like a friggin' starving Ethiopian! YIKES!! Touring definitely does him good, physically.

Look at Hillary--I don't think I've ever seen her look so "Happy"!!!

LadyJ.
02-03-03 10:10 AM
jb These pictures are great...can I buy them ?
02-03-03 10:12 AM
telecaster
quote:
F505 wrote:
keith looks a bit skinny

Hillary sure don't. Junk in her trunk. Like Monica. Slick likes that big booty
02-03-03 10:15 AM
LadyJane Your right, JB.

Voodoo--There is money to be made from the pics, at the very least. I think the photo of Keith and Hillary would make an excellent Header Pic.

My Senator and My favorite Rock Star....a very nice way to start the day!!

LadyJ.
Registered New York Democratic
02-03-03 10:21 AM
Fiji Joe Bill has a BIG head
02-03-03 10:26 AM
jb Hillary looks pretty good in that photo...I would definitely make love to her....
02-03-03 10:28 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Hillary looks pretty good in that photo...I would definitely make love to her....

JB: I am calling you on that! PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING RIGHT NOW RIGHT HERE. QUICKLY!

That is not funny in the least

02-03-03 10:34 AM
jb I am 100% serious telecaster.
02-03-03 10:37 AM
Fiji Joe And I am 100% ashamed of you JB...I thought you a man of good taste
02-03-03 10:41 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
I am 100% serious telecaster.

I know you are kidding but when I came upon that photo
this morning my entire reproductive unit packed up and crawled inside my body as a reflex and protective measure.

To para-phrase her husband: "I would not have sexual relations with that woman"
02-03-03 10:43 AM
jb Fiji...it's her power and intellect that make her even more attractive....maybe you can understand that?
02-03-03 10:46 AM
Tom JB, please make contact with Pete Townshend, immediately!
02-03-03 10:52 AM
Nellcote What was Keith thinking?
02-03-03 10:53 AM
jb He was honored to be with the former great president and senator for New York...I think even Keith is in awe of this power couple.
02-03-03 10:57 AM
nankerphelge He sensed Wolf Puss
02-03-03 10:58 AM
jb Yes..and it smelled finger lickin good....
02-03-03 11:18 AM
throbby For shame boys, speaking of the former first lady in such a manner. Has chivalry left the earth?
02-03-03 11:20 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Why only us mortals deserve a "Brian Jones"? What's wrong with Bill having one? Now is your time Hillary, get one from Keith, Mick or both!!!

Nolte: This is not a political message, it's about justice!
Page: 1 2 3 4

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST