ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Photos of Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, and Many More Part of Gibson Exhibit Return to archive
7th February 2007 10:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Photos of Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, and Many More Part of Gibson Exhibit

Gibson Through The Lens is a unique photographic exhibition being held exclusively at Blink Gallery, 11 Poland Street, London W1 from March 1 through March 24, 2007.

A carefully selected set of 50 vintage and iconic photographs taken of the world’s greatest musicians with their Gibson or Epiphone guitar through the ages will be on public display and for sale at Blink Gallery, London. Rock legends Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young, Slash, Jimmy Page, Keith Richards, BB King, Elvis, T-Rex, John Lennon, Bob Dylan, Bono, Jack White and Noel Gallagher are just a few of the artists being exhibited.

Many of the worlds leading and highly regarded rock photographers have contributed to Gibson Through The Lens such as Neal Preston, Jim Marshall, Ross Halfin, Baron Wolman and Kevin Westenberg.

Gibson Guitar has over a hundred years as brand leader and this exhibition celebrates the power and influence the guitar has had in music recording and performing by leading musicians since the electric guitars creation in the 1950s to present day. All the limited edition signed prints will be readily for sale through Blink Gallery at a range of prices and picture sizes.

Both Gibson and Epiphone guitars are the stars of this exhibition offering a rare insight into many of the world’s best loved artists enjoying private moments with their guitar be it backstage, on the tour bus, at home or live on stage. Following the London Exhibition in March 2007, “Gibson Through The Lens” will travel to Paris in May and Berlin in July for before heading over to New York and Los Angeles to complete the journey.

“Gibson Through The Lens offers music fans around the world the opportunity to witness an exhibition of iconic pictures that symbolizes and represents the heart and soul of Gibson Guitar through the ages. These images are evidence of the deep routed history, high regard and quality of our guitars that are played by the worlds leading artists. I am proud to be staging this exhibition in London for the music fans around the world,” said Henry Juszkiewicz, Chairman and CEO of Gibson Guitar.

For more information please visit www.blinkgallery.com and www.gibson.com.

Four photos from the exhibition: (only two here LOL)

Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood. Photo by Claude Gassian.

Jimi Hendrix. Photo by Baron Wolman.
7th February 2007 10:19 PM
fireontheplatter awesome....
i do believe the photo of ron wood and keith is in 'a life on the road'
7th February 2007 10:20 PM
fireontheplatter great hendrix photo too

jimi was the shit
7th February 2007 10:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
great hendrix photo too

I had the opportunity to meet Baron Wolman several times, have lunch and dinner with him and give him a ride. I saw a lot of pictures of Hendrix and many more, some of them unreleased yet. It's a trip as you see the pictures while listening the stories behind them.

He gave us three pictures of Nicky Hopkins for our website, and as a gift he gave my little daughter an original og Frank Zappa in his Laurel Canyon house.
7th February 2007 10:34 PM
GotToRollMe Voodoo, you lucky bastard! What an experience that must have been.
7th February 2007 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A funny anecdote was when we got lost in Mexico City when I took him to his hotel, I made a mistake and told him "A fuck up on my part" so we need to ride five minutes to solve it, but those minutes were in a very nice zone, so he told me it was good you made that fuck up; when we arrived to his hotel room, he took a book of postal cards and signed it with this note: "To Gerardo Rock the world, your friend Baron Wolman - THE LUCKY FUCK UP"

This is Baron Wolman and me after some drinks before a show.

8th February 2007 12:25 AM
stonedinaustralia that's a wicked gleam you have in your eye G.
8th February 2007 10:57 AM
Saint Sway this is a great pic of "The Weave Brothers" in action

Keith really should stop dying his hair and let it go back to gray. He looks bad ass. And even more pirate like.

Ronnie can keep the wig as is.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)