ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2007 Led Zeppelin tour: Wishful thinking? Return to archive
7th February 2007 03:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Wednesday, February 07, 2007
2007 Led Zeppelin tour: Wishful thinking?

With the announced reunions of Van Halen and the Police, it was only a matter of time until the name Led Zeppelin was thrown into the mix. Rock photographer and Jimmy Page friend Ross Halfin wrote on his website, "John Paul Jones has apparently announced on a Toronto radio station that Led Zeppelin will tour next summer. This of course meant I woke up to a load of mail asking if it's true. Look, I'm not a Led Zeppelin website or news board, I'm sure the official announcement will be out soon with all the details on Jimmy Page's website. The tickets are bound to be cheap -- you can re-mortgage your house to see your heroes."

Jones is supposed to have made the announcement on CILQ-FM, but the station's "Rock Report" says, "None of us have spoken to John Paul Jones recently. If we had, we'd all probably be asking for bass lessons. So to the (idiot) out there spreading rumors... and leading on Zep fans around the world -- your time is gonna come... So once more -- no Zeppelin reunion to speak of. Don't let anybody tell you different."

Of course, that hasn't stopped the British tabloid The Sun from going with the story. Their version says Page, Jones, and Robert Plant met two weeks ago in their management office and quoted a "band insider" as saying, "If the right offer comes up, they will do it," adding that a stadium tour could bring them over $12.5 million.

The late John Bonham's son Jason is supposed to take his father's place on drums. Jason has in recent years been a member of Foreigner, which has dates booked into October.

7th February 2007 03:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels It's only $ock n' $oll!
7th February 2007 03:19 PM
mojoman mass hallucination?
7th February 2007 03:20 PM
pdog Won't happen, but you can look forward to more touring and an album from The Eagles!
7th February 2007 03:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mojoman wrote:
mass hallucination?

I dunno,.... it would seem that Plant, Page, and Jones might be considering being comfortable in old age. Financial considerations change from time to time. The fact that they might be considering a tour before a new record speaks volumes to me. Zep might have woken up to the fact that "thar's money in them there tours." And the window is open....go for it boys.
7th February 2007 03:34 PM
polytoxic Oh yeah, the Zeppelin tour. That'll be right after the Stones next studio album, or after we colonise Mars, whichever comes first.
7th February 2007 03:38 PM
pdog
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Oh yeah, the Zeppelin tour. That'll be right after the Stones next studio album, or after we colonise Mars, whichever comes first.

A free, democratic and warless Iraq....
7th February 2007 03:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Oh yeah, the Zeppelin tour. That'll be right after the Stones next studio album, or after we colonise Mars, whichever comes first.

Never underestimate the power of the "lure of easy money."
7th February 2007 03:39 PM
mojoman i hope it happens but after all these years who knows. i thought if it happens it would be next year on their fortieth anniversary but maybe another year older is not such a good thing. it would seem they have all the money, but another 20 or more million each wouldnt hurt. maybe it will be for the glory too.
7th February 2007 03:40 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Never underestimate the power of the "lure of easy money."

Things said by 17 year olds wanting to strip?
7th February 2007 03:40 PM
polytoxic
quote:
pdog wrote:

A free, democratic and warless Iraq....

...that declares High Wire as their national anthem.
7th February 2007 03:41 PM
muncy23 It would be nice ot seem em hit the road with stadium dates. Floyd needs to tour too...theyre bunch of crazies tho so that would never happen.
7th February 2007 03:46 PM
polytoxic
quote:
muncy23 wrote:
It would be nice ot seem em hit the road with stadium dates. Floyd needs to tour too...theyre bunch of crazies tho so that would never happen.

That's more likely to be possible. They're all still alive for starters, and Gilmour singing Money in his 60's is less of a stretch than Plant attempting Immigrant Song. Then again, with some backup singers and a horn section, ya never know.
7th February 2007 03:50 PM
muncy23 Id much rather see Floyd tour. both would be good....Immigrant Song would be a stretch for Plant these days...Although, i would still like to hear it. They should open with it on the "tour"
[Edited by muncy23]
7th February 2007 07:15 PM
Gazza ..apparently the Sun's story is five years old
7th February 2007 07:41 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle I've heard that Page isn't into it at all, but Plant, JPJ and lil' Bonzo have agreed to tour with Ted Nugent as Ted Zeppelin...
7th February 2007 07:51 PM
mojoman
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
I've heard that Page isn't into it at all, but Plant, JPJ and lil' Bonzo have agreed to tour with Ted Nugent as Ted Zeppelin...

maybe JPJ could fill in for micheal anthony and tour as led van?
8th February 2007 05:16 AM
Jumping Jack Attention Joey:

Lez Zep is coming to the beautiful Qwest Center!!!
http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/led_zeppelin/news/9379
8th February 2007 07:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Attention Joey:

Lez Zep is coming to the beautiful Qwest Center!!!
http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/led_zeppelin/news/9379

well..I guess 'Custard Pie' will get re-titled.
8th February 2007 07:55 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

well..I guess 'Custard Pie' will get re-titled.

According to Chuck Klosterman's profile of Lez Zep, they're not actually lesbians.
8th February 2007 12:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

According to Chuck Klosterman's profile of Lez Zep, they're not actually lesbians.

we can still dream though
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)