ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Australia is part of Asia ... isnt' it ??? Return to archive
6th February 2007 07:00 PM
Daethgod found this on iorr

The Stones to Ullevi in June
20 shows in Europe. Five in Asia. This year.
NO, the Rolling Stones have not given up. The band now plans to celebrate Midsummer i Gothenburg – at Ullevi.
- This is what we want – a request form the city, says Leif Nilsson at Göteborg&Co.

Keith Richards’ head injury in April last year messed things up. Several shows had to be cancelled. Among them a show at Ullevi on June 10th.
Now the band is heading out on the road again.
Reliable sources inform GT that the plan is 20 shows in Europe and five in Asia.
Paris on June 16th and London on June 30th are mentioned.
Gothenburg would take place in between those two shows, in the Midsummer weekend.
- I have heard that they are coming. But not when, says Leif Nilsson at Göteborg&Co.

- We definitely would like the concert to take place during the Midsummer weekend.
Since Gamla Ullevi (old football stadium) now has been demolished, football matches in the Swedish League will be played at the new Ullevi.
But the match closest time to the possible show – GAIS vs AIK on June 25th – will still go ahead.
- Not a problem at all, says Anders Albertsson at Gotevent, who are responsible for the venue.
- If there is a show, we are able to clear the field very quickly. Maybe parts of the stage would remain inside the stadium, but on the pitch. That is something we could deal with.
Still there is no official confirmation that the Rolling Stones concert will happen during the Midsummer weekend.
- There are still discussions going on about the tour. After all it is the band who has the last word, says Catharina Oscarsson at EMA Telstar, the promoting company negotiating with the Rolling Stones.
- Of course we are hoping the show will happen since they skipped Sweden last Summer.
6th February 2007 07:02 PM
pdog I read Asia was off.
6th February 2007 07:08 PM
Gazza If they play Asia at all, it will be less than the 10 or so shows that were originally rumoured. I dont think they'll be playing anywhere but Europe, personally.
6th February 2007 07:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
If they play Asia at all, it will be less than the 10 or so shows that were originally rumoured. I dont think they'll be playing anywhere but Europe, personally.

are you opening up and spare rooms at home for wayward Americans?
6th February 2007 07:22 PM
Gazza you realise that expression covers all 300 million of you? ..plus Crackers' 100 million aliases...
6th February 2007 07:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you realise that expression covers all 300 million of you? ..plus Crackers' 100 million aliases...

More like 2 dozen or so of us....none with multiple personality disorders!
6th February 2007 11:59 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
you realise that expression covers all 300 million of you? ..plus Crackers' 100 million aliases...

Nobody misses Crackers!
6th February 2007 11:59 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

are you opening up and spare rooms at home for wayward Americans?

They're not playing Belfast>
7th February 2007 04:48 AM
corgi37 I dont know why they would bother with Asia. It's all for ex-pats anyway. And lets face it, what 20 year old back packer even KNOWS the Stones, let alone, gives a shit about them?

I cant see them coming here, Daeth, as much as i would love it. It would only be arena shows. No new product. High over heads. Small population. Just cant see it.

Tell ya what though, i win Powerball tomorrow, you, Matt and me - Europe tour 2007!

Wives optional.
[Edited by corgi37]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)