ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fox rolls with Scorsese documentary Return to archive
6th February 2007 05:35 PM
moy Update

Fox rolls with Scorsese documentary
Distrib picks up rights to U.K., New Zealand, Australia
By PATRICK FRATER, ED MEZA

On the eve of the Berlinale, two studios were strutting their indie credentials with pickups here.

Fox Intl. has picked up multiterritory rights to the still-untitled Rolling Stones docu helmed by Martin Scorsese. Distrib acquired rights for Blighty, Australia and New Zealand from international sales agent Fortissimo Films, it was announced Tuesday.

Also, Warner Bros. has picked up German rights to "The Red Baron," Niki Mullerschon's English-language pic tracking the brief career of Germany's most famous flying ace.

Lensing on the Stones doc got under way in October at Gotham's Beacon Theater and followed the band for part of its "A Bigger Bang" tour. Performance scenes are intercut with interviews and archive footage.

Docu, financed by Steve Bing's Shangri-La Entertainment and Michael Cohl's Concert Promotions Intl., is produced by Victoria Pearman, Cohl, Zane Weiner and Bing.

Post-production will be completed in time for a release late this year.

"The Red Baron," budgeted at E18 million ($23 million), is one of the most expensive Teutonic films ever and one of the rare local pics to be completely financed privately, without subsidy coin.

Roland Pellegrino, Dan Maag and Thomas Reisser of Stuttgart-based Niama-Film produced the film, which stars local thesps Matthias Schweighofer and Til Schweiger as well as Joseph Fiennes and Lena Headey.

"The Red Baron" is due to hit theaters this fal
6th February 2007 05:37 PM
pdog Red Baron... Cool!

we was just asking ourselves, that's what we calls ourselves....
When is The Stones movie coming out?
6th February 2007 06:20 PM
fireontheplatter i hope they use the title...shine a light....
that is such a cool title
6th February 2007 06:47 PM
Gazza I hope its not a big anti-climax, otherwise it is destined to be known as "Line O' Shite"
6th February 2007 08:18 PM
Nellcote It will be fair & balanced
6th February 2007 09:10 PM
mrhipfl As long as they show Champagne and Reefer with Buddy Guy, I'll be happy!
6th February 2007 10:13 PM
glencar Loving Cup with J White is a bigger bang!
6th February 2007 10:18 PM
Steel Wheels I hope it's fun, and I hope Loving Cup sounds great. I don't have high hopes since I'm not a fan of ANYONE guesting on this tune.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)