ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: More US 'Oo Dates (nsc) -( UPDATED to include Euro tour info) Return to archive Page: 1 2
8th February 2007 02:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

according to this years Farmers Almanac, the forecast for that time of year calls for strong chance of cancellations followed by scattered periods of rescheduling

Saint Sway ...................................

You are on FIRE !!!!!
8th February 2007 02:53 PM
Jumping Jack
8th February 2007 02:55 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:

For My Jumping Jack ! :

8th February 2007 02:56 PM
Jumping Jack Canecellations?

Joey won't get fooled again!

8th February 2007 02:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Canecellations?

Joey won't get fooled again!

Oooooooooo !

I like this J.J. !!!!!!!!!! ---- I do believe it is a ' keeper '

Thanks

8th February 2007 03:27 PM
Jumping Jack The Joey is quite talented with a limerick.
8th February 2007 04:24 PM
Gazza LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Call them old fashioned, but the founding members of The Who don't think the Internet is the future of rock, are unhappy about radio's narrow musical focus, and convinced live music is what it is all about.

Announcing their 2007 European Tour on Thursday, including a headlining slot at Glastonbury festival in June, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend said playing big venues
remained the best way of showcasing their music to the world.
"The Internet promises a lot of things - some it delivers, some it doesn't," Townshend, 61, told a news conference, adding one thing it does offer is the ability to sell tickets.

"It is probably the most powerful informational, promotional tool today. It's a very effective, focussed machine for promotion. I look forward to using it for live events, there's a big scope for live music and live events."

But Townshend said live music is what it is all about today, with the rock band that dates back to the 1960s embarking on a 29-date tour starting on May 16 in Lisbon.

"Festivals are really important, I'm not really into the Internet," Daltrey, 62, told a news conference which was live webcast on www.thewhotour.com.

The Who's role in rock history, assured by songs such as "My Generation", made them into one of the great live bands during the 1960s and 1970s before the death of drummer Keith Moon. Bassist John Entwistle died five years ago.

Last year the two remaining members -- Townshend and Daltrey -- began their first world tour for more than 20 years and released an album "Endless Wire" which, they complained on Thursday, got little airplay.

Daltrey accused radio stations of preferring personality to musical knowledge among its presenters.

"It's a fact that it's very hard for bands in our position to get airplay. It's a fact for every band," he said.

"There are really few DJs who love music. The music is selected by computer. There are very few music fans running radio shows."

Townshend was the group's main source of songs and he remains the more opinionated of the pair. Daltrey spent much of the conference listening to his younger friend expound.

For Daltrey the music is what drives him. For Townshend, it is the audience.

Their often rocky relationship is now on an even keel, according to Daltrey -- and on the up, according to Townshend -- as age eats away at their ability to wind each other up.

"We weren't a gang band. We weren't brought together by a love of common music. What drew us together, I think, was a love of show business," said Townshend.

"We've known each other since school years and, after losing (Moon and Entwistle) we know we have each other. It's great to have that friendship, that relationship. To have friends who go back 45 years - it's very cool."

8th February 2007 04:52 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - Call them old fashioned, but the founding members of The Who don't think the Internet is the future of rock, are unhappy about radio's narrow musical focus, and convinced live music is what it is all about.

Announcing their 2007 European Tour on Thursday, including a headlining slot at Glastonbury festival in June, Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend said playing big venues
remained the best way of showcasing their music to the world.
"The Internet promises a lot of things - some it delivers, some it doesn't," Townshend, 61, told a news conference, adding one thing it does offer is the ability to sell tickets.

"It is probably the most powerful informational, promotional tool today. It's a very effective, focussed machine for promotion. I look forward to using it for live events, there's a big scope for live music and live events."

But Townshend said live music is what it is all about today, with the rock band that dates back to the 1960s embarking on a 29-date tour starting on May 16 in Lisbon.

"Festivals are really important, I'm not really into the Internet," Daltrey, 62, told a news conference which was live webcast on www.thewhotour.com.

The Who's role in rock history, assured by songs such as "My Generation", made them into one of the great live bands during the 1960s and 1970s before the death of drummer Keith Moon. Bassist John Entwistle died five years ago.

Last year the two remaining members -- Townshend and Daltrey -- began their first world tour for more than 20 years and released an album "Endless Wire" which, they complained on Thursday, got little airplay.

Daltrey accused radio stations of preferring personality to musical knowledge among its presenters.

"It's a fact that it's very hard for bands in our position to get airplay. It's a fact for every band," he said.

"There are really few DJs who love music. The music is selected by computer. There are very few music fans running radio shows."

Townshend was the group's main source of songs and he remains the more opinionated of the pair. Daltrey spent much of the conference listening to his younger friend expound.

For Daltrey the music is what drives him. For Townshend, it is the audience.

Their often rocky relationship is now on an even keel, according to Daltrey -- and on the up, according to Townshend -- as age eats away at their ability to wind each other up.

"We weren't a gang band. We weren't brought together by a love of common music. What drew us together, I think, was a love of show business," said Townshend.

"We've known each other since school years and, after losing (Moon and Entwistle) we know we have each other. It's great to have that friendship, that relationship. To have friends who go back 45 years - it's very cool."

Great Read !

Thanks Gazza

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
8th February 2007 04:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

I TESTED the DVD before I mailed it to you .

It works just fine .

.............they all work perfectly !

Kins

No, seriously!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)