ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why Keep Touring? Return to archive
5th February 2007 11:01 PM
daviscn The Rolling Stones, like death and taxes, are never, ever far from us. A brief discussion of the Stones inevitably turns to talk of “Should they hang it up?” and the loyal fans always respond in kind: NO!

Yet another attempt to stop the unstoppable has broken out on a social networking site I frequent, CultureCloud. I need backup, people!

Go tell them that the Stones will retire when they find someone else who can rock the joint like they can!

http://www.culturecloud.com/Articles/00001747/Retire_or_Rock_On.aspx?2#readComments

I need fresh ideas, though: why, beyond our own selfish needs as Stones fans, should they keep on touring? Certainly not money. Or fame. Or even love…I don’t think. Unless the love of us all is what they simply must have….

That’s it! That’s why they tour, isn’t it? To bask in the reflection of a million fans, all screaming for more. That would sure keep me touring. If only we could all feel what that must feel like! Come tell us all why you think the Stones should keep on keeping on….

CD
5th February 2007 11:05 PM
mojoman because its there...babes, money, glory
5th February 2007 11:22 PM
pdog Spammer!
6th February 2007 04:41 AM
Gazza why should it bother people who arent going to see them anyway? Thats what gets me...
6th February 2007 05:48 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
why should it bother people who arent going to see them anyway? Thats what gets me...

If I can't have fun, NObody will ya hear!!
6th February 2007 11:49 AM
gimmekeef I always reply to skeptical friends etc..."Imagine if you had a gift..to electrify 50,000+ people with one flick of your wrist..or one smash of a drum"?....And you were still capable on most nights of being the best there ever was at your craft?....Why would you quit????..If they dont get that they just dont get IT....
6th February 2007 04:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I always reply to skeptical friends etc..."Imagine if you had a gift..to electrify 50,000+ people with one flick of your wrist..or one smash of a drum"?....And you were still capable on most nights of being the best there ever was at your craft?....Why would you quit????..If they dont get that they just dont get IT....

quote:
JB wrote:
Yes....but my ALS symtoms are really worsening...I am having benign fasciculations with cramping in my arsm and legs!!!! Klonopin is not really helping and I will not return to Nuerologist to endure more tests, which if show I have ALS, is a death sentence. I would like at least 10-15 yrs with new baby..thus, a tracheotomy and feeding tube could keep me going a bit ....Cost about 300k a year... so I must continue to exploit billing horus to my clitents....

6th February 2007 04:36 PM
Nellcote Because it's the Stones, dammit.
6th February 2007 05:24 PM
Joey

Stones is Stones !!!!!!!

This thing is bigger than all of us baby .
6th February 2007 05:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

Stones is Stones !!!!!!!

This thing is bigger than all of us baby .

Psst! Joey...

come here....

i gotta tell you somthing....

It's a secret....

Okay?

Cool.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
6th February 2007 06:11 PM
killerbitch BTW are the Stones planning on touring at all in 2007, like maybe in the US?
6th February 2007 06:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
killerbitch wrote:
BTW are the Stones planning on touring at all in 2007, like maybe in the US?

They'll be touring Europe.

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm
6th February 2007 06:36 PM
fireontheplatter this much i know people
i look forward to sitting in front of the computer and watching the songs come up as they play during the tour....
it is a thrill to chill with a cold one and pretend like i am at the show

god bless the stones

summer cannot come fast enough
6th February 2007 08:54 PM
cabledogg2 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
6th February 2007 10:18 PM
glencar $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ indeed. It's why I still work.
7th February 2007 12:25 AM
BILL PERKS "we're doin it for the glory,darling,the glory" 7-11-89
TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN
7th February 2007 12:43 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ indeed. It's why I still work.

Really? That's it? Not for the joy of exercising your professional skills? Not for the contribution you can make to the economy and the community? Not for the opportunity to change lives and affirm your values? Just for the money? You can't be serious.
7th February 2007 04:53 AM
corgi37 Fuck that. It's the money. And anyone who says different is a liar.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)