ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shit, so who founded the Stones, Ian or Brian? Return to archive
4th February 2007 11:15 PM
steel driving hammer I've heard both stories!
5th February 2007 03:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don't believe that one person forms a band, so I'd say both of them helped form the Stones. Brian was probably more active on the recruitment front though and Mick and Keith wouldn’t have jumped on board if it wasn't for him.
5th February 2007 04:19 AM
Jumacfly Ian billen.
5th February 2007 09:48 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Ian billen.

Ha! God bless him.

At least he's enthusiastic
5th February 2007 09:49 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Brian Jones formed the band. He put and ad in Jazz News in 1961; it attracted Ian Stewart and Jeff Bradford. Then Mick Jagger met them at the Ealing R&B Club and joined their rehearsals, bringing his mates Keith Richards and Dick Taylor.
5th February 2007 09:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Ian billen.

LOL!!

Va te faire mettre Jumacly, d'accord? (et Gazza aussi)
5th February 2007 09:57 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Brian Jones formed the band.

Yes, but does it generate any "royalty" checks?

5th February 2007 10:01 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl For whom? LOL
5th February 2007 10:08 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
For whom? LOL

In context, I was refering to Brian.
I don't know the legality of all this, whether Brian's heirs recieve any thing at all.
5th February 2007 10:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

In context, I was refering to Brian.
I don't know the legality of all this, whether Brian's heirs recieve any thing at all.

I guess If Brains family received any royalties; it'd be from Abcko and not from the Stones themselves. Maybe his family gets a few cents for the Nanker Phelge compositions now and again.
5th February 2007 10:29 AM
StonesChick To me, the Stones are the Glimmer Twins, so it was founded when the found each other.
5th February 2007 10:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I guess If Brains family received any royalties; it'd be from Abcko and not from the Stones themselves. Maybe his family gets a few cents for the Nanker Phelge compositions now and again.

You're in good hands with the legendary generosity of Allen Klein.

5th February 2007 10:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:

LOL!!

Va te faire mettre Jumacly, d'accord? (et Gazza aussi)

you have a good teacher cabron !
5th February 2007 12:30 PM
Saint Sway I thought Al Gore founded the Stones?
5th February 2007 04:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
StonesChick wrote:
To me, the Stones are the Glimmer Twins, so it was founded when the found each other.

no it wasnt. Seriously. The Stones would not have been formed without Brian Jones. Regardless of what revisionism some people would like to believe.
5th February 2007 04:25 PM
pdog Did you know?
I'm the one who mended the the fued in the 80's!
5th February 2007 04:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

no it wasnt. Seriously. The Stones would not have been formed without Brian Jones. Regardless of what revisionism some people would like to believe.

Yes, and he was not just the one who founded the band but the leader during the first years as a blues & R&B cover band until Mick and Keith took the leadership.

According to many who saw the Stones live in the Brian Jones days, including Stonedoug, Brian was the one to see live, then Mick
5th February 2007 05:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Did you know?
I'm the one who mended the the fued in the 80's!

Youve cost me thousands of pounds and led to me re-mortgaging my house to support my habit. I hope you're proud.

My friends were right. Drug addiction would have been cheaper.
5th February 2007 05:19 PM
fireontheplatter mick and keith found the stones when the played in the sandbox together...or was it a few years later when they happened upon each other again in the tube...i mean subway.
5th February 2007 05:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That's how their friendship started not the band as well
5th February 2007 06:45 PM
Soldatti Brian.
5th February 2007 09:57 PM
Olivia1962 BRIAN BRIAN not ian! Its was brian who wanted to start a band and he brought everyone together.
5th February 2007 10:10 PM
pdog No Brian, no Stones!
No brainer....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)