ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: David Lee Roth IS back in Van Halen Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
4th February 2007 10:01 PM
Jethrostone All of you may have heard it already but it is offical. David is back in the band!

While this is good news, I'm upset and disappointed. I'm glad Dave is back but it's just the whole Wolfie thing. I'm not comfortable with him being the bassist. I hate to say this but I go to. The kid is a few months older than me! There is no jealousy at all. I think it's just kind of weird that Eddie would hire his son. I read in Rolling Stone magazine that Wolfie gave the band a new sound and feeling to the band while rehearsing. New sound? Kids Wolfie's age like Green Day and other bands like that. I really don't know how Wolfie will be accepted. I'm also upset because I saw the band in 2004 w/ Sammy. It was a great show. I think Eddie noticed me when he threw his towel in the crowd. He didn't throw it to me and threw it to these guys and they were fighting. I saw Eddie mouth "Oh fuck!" It was really funny! I don't think I'll be able to see the band this year since I'm very busy this upcoming summer.
4th February 2007 10:06 PM
Lethargy You're right. This is the Lamest Reunion Ever (LRE). What a joke.

quote:
Jethrostone wrote:
All of you may have heard it already but it is offical. David is back in the band!

While this is good news, I'm upset and disappointed. I'm glad Dave is back but it's just the whole Wolfie thing. I'm not comfortable with him being the bassist. I hate to say this but I go to. The kid is a few months older than me! There is no jealousy at all. I think it's just kind of weird that Eddie would hire his son. I read in Rolling Stone magazine that Wolfie gave the band a new sound and feeling to the band while rehearsing. New sound? Kids Wolfie's age like Green Day and other bands like that. I really don't know how Wolfie will be accepted. I'm also upset because I saw the band in 2004 w/ Sammy. It was a great show. I think Eddie noticed me when he threw his towel in the crowd. He didn't throw it to me and threw it to these guys and they were fighting. I saw Eddie mouth "Oh fuck!" It was really funny! I don't think I'll be able to see the band this year since I'm very busy this upcoming summer.

4th February 2007 10:09 PM
fireontheplatter might as well jump....i guess.
4th February 2007 10:46 PM
Bloozehound all I want to know is if they plan on giving Diamond Dave a little segment to perform his bluegrass

cuz we all know how much the bluegrass means to Diamond Dave
4th February 2007 10:47 PM
mojoman
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
all I want to know is if they plan on giving Diamond Dave a little segment to perform his bluegrass

cuz we all know how much the bluegrass means to Diamond Dave

he likes to smoke it
4th February 2007 11:04 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Jethrostone wrote:
While this is good news, I'm upset and disappointed. I'm glad Dave is back but it's just the whole Wolfie thing. I'm not comfortable with him being the bassist.

More good news is that it'll be an early night.

Wolfie's got to be in bed by 10.
4th February 2007 11:33 PM
mojoman wolfie is in the hots for teacher video
4th February 2007 11:42 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
mojoman wrote:
wolfie is in the hots for teacher video

Um, no he's not.

He was - 7 years old at the time.
4th February 2007 11:53 PM
Bloozehound Maybe wolfies gonna help ol' Diamond Dave belt out the bluegrass hits
4th February 2007 11:56 PM
steel driving hammer Yawn.

5th February 2007 09:32 AM
Some Guy "This isn't about midgets and Jack Daniels it's about me and my fat kid" - Eddie Van Halen 2007
5th February 2007 10:27 AM
guitarman53 David Lee Roth -great, but his son? Eddie Van Halen is a sick practicing (I don't have to practice, I'm very good at it) alcoholic & Drug Addict, he's got this ego thing about his family, like their God's gift to music, just the fact he named his son after Mozart, I guess he thought his son would be the next musical genius of all time.
5th February 2007 10:46 AM
Lethargy Eddie is quite unwell, indeed. Maybe he'll quit meth and/or replace some of his teeth before the tour begins.

quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
David Lee Roth -great, but his son? Eddie Van Halen is a sick practicing (I don't have to practice, I'm very good at it) alcoholic & Drug Addict, he's got this ego thing about his family, like their God's gift to music, just the fact he named his son after Mozart, I guess he thought his son would be the next musical genius of all time.

5th February 2007 10:55 AM
Maxlugar This is rather exciting but without Michael Anthony the vocals are not going to be right. He was a huge part of their sound. Dave's voice is almost shot. It would have been nice to have Michael Anthony there. His bass playing is rather lame. So I'm sure Wolfie can hold up that part of the bargin.

5th February 2007 11:15 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
This is rather exciting but without Michael Anthony the vocals are not going to be right. He was a huge part of their sound. Dave's voice is almost shot. It would have been nice to have Michael Anthony there. His bass playing is rather lame. So I'm sure Wolfie can hold up that part of the bargin.

The talent has posted.
5th February 2007 11:27 AM
Saint Sway "Where Have All Of Eddie's Teeth Gone?"
5th February 2007 11:30 AM
Some Guy The torch has been lit.
5th February 2007 11:30 AM
gypsy Is he really on meth? Or is this the effects of cancer?

5th February 2007 11:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Is he really on meth? Or is this the effects of cancer?

That goddam chemo I'll bet.
5th February 2007 11:54 AM
gypsy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

That goddam chemo I'll bet.

From Wikipedia:

Eddie claims he cured the cancer in his tongue by means that are "illegal" in this country. There has been some speculation that crystal meth was the means he used. Further, Eddie claims that cigarettes did not cause his tongue cancer, and so despite having had a third of his tongue removed, he continues to smoke.
5th February 2007 12:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >and so despite having had a third of his tongue removed, he continues to smoke.<

Well, despite a burst aorta due to an aneurism two and a half years ago I continue to smoke...two packs a day. It hasn't killed me yet. Giving up some things are impossible for some people. Last I checked it was called "addiction."

5th February 2007 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Jethrostone wrote:
All of you may have heard it already but it is offical. David is back in the band!

I am now so excited I literally could just drop a log

|
|
V

*********** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION **********

Phew ! ™
5th February 2007 12:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Is he really on meth? Or is this the effects of cancer?

I guess the cancer took his teeth and his shoes too?

5th February 2007 12:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
"Hey buddy, can you spare some change? I blew my fortune on meth and my fat kid ate my shoes" - Eddie Van Halen 2007

5th February 2007 12:52 PM
doo doo doo Dude Let's give the fat kid a chance:

LATEST: EDDIE VAN HALEN is revelling in his reunion with original VAN HALEN frontman DAVID LEE ROTH, describing their recent rehearsals as "pure magic". Roth will take to the stage with founding band members Eddie and ALEX VAN HALEN, as well as Eddie's bassist son WOLFGANG, when the group hits the road later this year (07). It will be the first time Roth has performed live with Van Halen since 1984 - he quit the group in 1985 and was later replaced by SAMMY HAGAR. But Eddie Van Halen is convinced time has healed old rifts, insisting no-one else can sing the group's classic tracks like original frontman Roth. He tells MTV, "Playing these timeless hits only works with Dave. After one rehearsal, it was pure magic. "I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen."

5th February 2007 01:20 PM
Some Guy I am so excited, I am typing this with my arms crossed.
5th February 2007 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
This is rather exciting but without Michael Anthony the vocals are not going to be right. He was a huge part of their sound. Dave's voice is almost shot. It would have been nice to have Michael Anthony there. His bass playing is rather lame. So I'm sure Wolfie can hold up that part of the bargin.

You raise an interesting point here my 8th Street for lunching pal .............................

Er , ....... material ?!

|
|
V

5th February 2007 02:04 PM
pdog and on drums...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
5th February 2007 02:22 PM
Some Guy
quote:
pdog wrote:
and on drums...

pdog, please buy Fair Warning ASAP!
5th February 2007 02:33 PM
Saint Sway hey SG, this chick from the Rockettes clearly doesnt seem to know how to sing this song. Nice leg kicks though. WTF??

[Edited by Saint Sway]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)