ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Any good FM stations where you're from? Return to archive
4th February 2007 04:02 PM
Throwaway Recently I've been listening to WRNR 103.1 (central Maryland) and they play surprisingly deep stuff. Stones-related stuff I heard include "Melody" and Mick Taylor's "Late at Night." I've also heard some stuff by the Novaks (who I discovered thanks to SirS and Track 2 on SF discussing it in another thread) and various lesser-known stuff, ranging from blues to reggae. It's definitely a relief to find at least something that plays more than just stuff off Rolling Stone's list of greatest rock songs. Anyone else (who doesnt have the luxury of satellite radio) listen to a station that plays something a little more rare than Start Me Up??
[Edited by Throwaway]
4th February 2007 04:09 PM
fireontheplatter one oh one point five is my classic rock station....
one hundred point one is my alternative station..

i flip back and forth...

i don't really like the hard core stations much...there is one of them in my town.

you can listen to cooper and tobin in the morning and they are pretty funny...i think so anyway.

i think the boulder/denver area has the best stations....
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
4th February 2007 04:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot A good FM station?

That's a trick question, right?
4th February 2007 04:48 PM
Taptrick
These guys have some cool shows back in my hometown - St. Louis. Click listen on-line. They are palying some killer old delta blues as I write this.

http://www.kdhx.org/calendar.htm

4th February 2007 04:52 PM
steel driving hammer The best.

Just a 10 min drive.

http://www.wwhp.com/

They've played ALOT of my Stones boots.
4th February 2007 06:52 PM
GhostofBrianJones KLOU 103.3 Oldies for me.
4th February 2007 09:13 PM
Bloozehound I live far enough out in the sticks now that I can pick up 107.9 Texas Rebel radio "The Fan" out of Fredericksberg

I've read that alot of Americana radio stations model their playlists off them, they're kinda reminecent of the border radio days but slightly more Texas music based

you never know what your going to hear -- everything from old Howlin' Wolf to classic George Strait to J.J Cale to Doug Sahm to Neil Young to Cash to Willie to the Stones, to Lucinda, Hank sr, Hank III and probably every other great musician with the last name Williams

They've turned me on to tons of great music, a gem of a station

http://www.texasrebelradio.com/

[Edited by Bloozehound]
4th February 2007 11:14 PM
Throwaway good to hear there are some.. a better word than "good" would maybe be .."interesting" stations that go beyond the cliche crap they play the millionth time. hopefully cool FM stations will be less of an oxymoron in the future for those of us who spend a lotta time on the road.
5th February 2007 08:30 AM
corgi37 K-Rock is great! Daethgod is THE man. But, i cant get the station from where i live or work.
5th February 2007 09:07 AM
oldkr 103.1 WRNR all the way man , i live in Annapolis... i was actually on WRNR on a Sunday morning interview about a bigger bang!

OLDKR
5th February 2007 09:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
103.1 WRNR all the way man , i live in Annapolis... i was actually on WRNR on a Sunday morning interview about a bigger bang!

OLDKR

I hope you were reminding the public of its actual existence....
5th February 2007 12:42 PM
Throwaway Very cool oldkr. I do see a few WRNR bumper stickers around, so as Gazza says you probably reminded at least some listeners..
5th February 2007 05:04 PM
Paranoid_Android RNR is difficult to get in DC...though whenever i head out on the bay...its that or Sirius for me!!!

Yo KR!!!!
5th February 2007 07:12 PM
Daethgod
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
K-Rock is great! Daethgod is THE man. But, i cant get the station from where i live or work.

dude ... move !!

: P
hey check ya mail,some sweet Stones youtube action

6th February 2007 07:27 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Recently I've been listening to WRNR 103.1 (central Maryland) and they play surprisingly deep stuff. Stones-related stuff I heard include "Melody" and Mick Taylor's "Late at Night." I've also heard some stuff by the Novaks (who I discovered thanks to SirS and Track 2 on SF discussing it in another thread) and various lesser-known stuff, ranging from blues to reggae. It's definitely a relief to find at least something that plays more than just stuff off Rolling Stone's list of greatest rock songs. Anyone else (who doesnt have the luxury of satellite radio) listen to a station that plays something a little more rare than Start Me Up??
[Edited by Throwaway]

I haven't listened to the radio for a while but where I live (Delaware, Rehoboth Beach area) 'tis not bad... sure better than the shit they play in Northern Virginia.
6th February 2007 07:54 AM
egon Rire & chanson.

Right Ju?
6th February 2007 01:26 PM
gimmekeef XM or Sirius Satellite is truly worth the money guys....I have XM and Channel 40 Deep Tracks alone is worth the $12 a month....
6th February 2007 02:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Does anybody here know about a Radio Station with websignal broadcasting the "King Biscuit Flower Hour"?

Here we have no good ones, but you can check the program of Julia Palacios all weekdays from 13:00 to 14:00 CT all days, she has a PhD in history specializing in rock music and each day the program is about a band, festival, artist, ets now she's on the air.

She use to invite me once every two months to talk with her on the air about classic rock bands

http://www.ibero909radio.com

6th February 2007 06:03 PM
Saint Sway any new podcasts Voodoo?
6th February 2007 06:11 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
oldkr wrote:
103.1 WRNR all the way man , i live in Annapolis... i was actually on WRNR on a Sunday morning interview about a bigger bang!

OLDKR

WRNR rules. I wish I could get better reception. Also, 100.7 The Bay has played stuff that isn't on Forty Licks, a monumental achievement in 21st century broadcasting. I heard "Memo From Turner" and lost reception after about 2 minutes.

I worked promotions for 94.7 The Arrow which I'm pretty sure held the record for playing Queen and Steve Miller more than anybody else on the planet. Their format was flipped a couple days ago, now it is 94.7 The Globe, "World Class Rock". They play Nirvana and U2, not quite revolutionary.

There's just not that many good stations that dig deep into classic rock. Anyways, I hope I can still get my check.
6th February 2007 07:03 PM
Throwaway 94.7 plays some Crowes stuff, which is cool, so if WRNR is on break thats what i switch to. Most times I can hardly stand the so-called "Greatest Rock and Roll of All Time" station 100.3...
6th February 2007 09:14 PM
tumbled you know the greaseman is back on 1160 am every morning in good old wash, dc.

The Greaseman
Wild, Wacky, and Wonderful
Join the legendary Grease and The Greaseman Show everyday and find out why this is one of the greatest shows in the world. You'll get more laughs, more songs, more zesty bits and a perspective on life like no other. Grease has garnered millions of friends with his unique brand of storytelling, his keen insight into the human condition and his wackiness. Sure, you'll get news and topicality, but you'll also get Sergeant Fury, Emperor Tuchasfascious, the First Yiddish Lawman, the One Eyed Viper and dozens of other unforgettable characters.

Join in on the action by calling Grease at 866-SCHWEET or write [email protected] Bet the bombays! Beat the PFFFFT! Swap stories! Grease is the most accessible man in show biz and he would love to talk with you. Find out how Greaseman packs more laughs per minute by listening live 6 to 10 AM, downloading him to your IPOD, or even dumping him into your harddrive. Greaseman -- large, in charge and ready to discharge, right into your P.C.
[Edited by tumbled]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)