ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Tony Gale with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: boozin Return to archive Page: 1 2
3rd February 2007 03:32 PM
gimmekeef Anyone that likes scotch....try Highland Park 12....excellent taste and great value....
3rd February 2007 03:40 PM
mojoman boozin....on a saturday afternoon
3rd February 2007 05:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man I like a bit of everything. Last night I was drinking kangaroos piss (Fosters), Speckled Hen, Newcastle Brown Ale and a couple of bottles of Smirnoff Ice. I am at home tonight because of it
3rd February 2007 05:38 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I like a bit of everything. Last night I was drinking kangaroos piss (Fosters), Speckled Hen, Newcastle Brown Ale and a couple of bottles of Smirnoff Ice. I am at home tonight because of it

have a newcastle....trust me you'll feel better
3rd February 2007 05:39 PM
sirmoonie Kangaroo Piss - nice piece of work there.
3rd February 2007 05:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Kangaroo Piss - nice piece of work there.

That’s the only name for it! It's awful watered down flavourless rubbish, but if I'm on a night out I choose to drink it as I can tolerate it better than the premium stuff. A few pints of Stella and I'm away you see. I like the evening to last more than an hour!

fireontheplatter, what will make me feel better is a day or two off!
3rd February 2007 05:49 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

fireontheplatter, what will make me feel better is a day or two off!

tomorrows superbowl game will give us all another excuse to drink

everybody say ow
3rd February 2007 05:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I like a bit of everything. Last night I was drinking kangaroos piss (Fosters), Speckled Hen, Newcastle Brown Ale and a couple of bottles of Smirnoff Ice. I am at home tonight because of it

didn't your mama ever tell you not to mix your drinks?
3rd February 2007 06:23 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

didn't your mama ever tell you not to mix your drinks?

My "mama" tells me to stick to a 3 pint minimum, let alone, never to mix my drinks!

I have a job interview monday, so no drinking full stop!
3rd February 2007 06:36 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

My "mama" tells me to stick to a 3 pint minimum, let alone, never to mix my drinks!

I have a job interview monday, so no drinking full stop!

yeah i guess it's not a good idea to walk in there smelling from that delish creamy ice cold newcastle poured ever so slowly into that frosty pint glass.

good luck with your interview.....
3rd February 2007 06:52 PM
Bloozehound was at a concert at Stubbs while back, and they had those king kans of Fosters for 2 bucks, sounded good in theory, hadn't had them it in years, what a horrible fucking beer that shit is, went back to paying 5 bucks a 12 oz cup of Bud or whatever shit was on tap over those king kans of downunder piss
4th February 2007 06:49 PM
stonedinaustralia too true Bloozy

that's why no one down here drinks the stuff

it's a national embarrassment especially as there is bucket loads of really good brew being produced
4th February 2007 07:03 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
too true Bloozy

that's why no one down here drinks the stuff

it's a national embarrassment especially as there is bucket loads of really good brew being produced

I think it's the same with Castlemaine XXXX, though no one over here drinks that either! It's always the cheapest option in the pubs that do happen to sell it too.

They are beers for Brits who know nothing about beer!
4th February 2007 07:09 PM
stonedinaustralia hey there HTM - trust all is rocking well in your world!!
4th February 2007 07:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

I think it's the same with Castlemaine XXXX, though no one over here drinks that either! It's always the cheapest option in the pubs that do happen to sell it too.

They are beers for Brits who know nothing about beer!

Still one of the saddest things I have ever seen in my drinking life was walking into a London pub once and seeing Bud Light on tap. A sickening experience, nothing has ever meant much since.
4th February 2007 08:22 PM
Bloozehound Coronas another one of those overhyped shit beers

Remember the Corona t-shirt rage in the 80's, all you needed were some acid washed jeans and checkered vans topped off with a corona tee and you were the cat's meow, Ha!

What the hell was that all about

5th February 2007 03:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man SIA, my world will be rocking once I have today’s job interview out of the way!

Have to agree with Bloozehound about Corona. Any beer that relies on lime to accompany it can't be good. Unfortunately though, it is popular amongst many non-beer lovers and is sold in most pubs.
5th February 2007 07:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Coronas another one of those overhyped shit beers

They're ALL overhyped shit beers!

Well...except for the King of Beers.

5th February 2007 09:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don't know TTM. I was under the impression that Bud is America’s equivalent of Fosters. I know it's a premium beer, but wasn't aware that it's ever actually had a great reputation in terms of its quality.
5th February 2007 10:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I know it's a premium beer, but wasn't aware that it's ever actually had a great reputation in terms of its quality.

Well that all depends on who you ask.
The quality is just fine for me. I'm just a Bud, burgers and butts kinda guy. Beers n' Burger King, with two packs of Pall Malls a day.
5th February 2007 10:16 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well that all depends on who you ask.
The quality is just fine for me. I'm just a Bud, burgers and butts kinda guy. Beers n' Burger King, with two packs of Pall Malls a day.

An everyday Joe! Well, that’s me too TTM! Except replace the Pall Mall with Benson & Hedges and maybe 10 a day as apposed to two packs!
5th February 2007 10:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
An everyday Joe!

Yes... "a consumer", a "voter", a "number", a "taxpayer",
a "fan", a "john" or a "seraphim" as they call them in Portugal. LOL

5th February 2007 06:06 PM
no night together Beer and just beer. I made my living playing sports nearly all my life, thanks god I don't like wine and spirits, but nearly every day of my life ha pints, never less than 3 a day I guess. I am 41 and still on the field.
If you ever go to croatia try Tomislav Red, Karlovacko black. if you have a friend there, ask em.
if you live in england you're lucky cause you got Theakston, London Pride, Old Sp. Hen, redbreast (nearly unknown) Bombardier, and so many others. Oh my god I am thursty.
JJF.
Luca
5th February 2007 06:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't know TTM. I was under the impression that Bud is America’s equivalent of Fosters. I know it's a premium beer, but wasn't aware that it's ever actually had a great reputation in terms of its quality.

Bud is the American equivalent of Kangaroo Piss. And when they put water in it and call it Bud Light, its really push the extremes of what can be considered a brew.
5th February 2007 07:03 PM
fireontheplatter i am fed up of all you who are dissin the Oil Can. in my area it is middle class. it costs a buck ninety nine. ain't that high price enough for you?

and oh yes...it tastes delish...for the price that is.

everybody say owwwwwwwwwwwww
5th February 2007 09:56 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i am fed up of all you who are dissin the Oil Can. in my area it is middle class. it costs a buck ninety nine. ain't that high price enough for you?

yup, I told ya I seen the oil cans for 2 bucks, thought I'd hit the goldmine, but I got the shaft
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)