ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: steve earle live on kcrw Return to archive
February 4th, 2005 07:09 AM
F505 Steve Earle solo and acoustic on Morning Becomes Eclectic at 11:15am. Aired Friday, February 11, 2005.

on www.kcrw.com

enjoy!
February 4th, 2005 02:59 PM
Fiji Joe Biting my tongue...see my below post entitled "Steve Earle help us"
February 4th, 2005 03:30 PM
F505 I have to admit I am also not so keen on Steve's left wing smalltalk but I do think he makes great records.
On the other hand there are also right wing artists who have done great jobs. The novels of the French writer Celine are without doubt fabulous. Art and politics: always a dangerous issue...
February 4th, 2005 03:58 PM
Fiji Joe It's not Steve's left-wing small talk that bothers me...it's the fact that he's a big phony...such a phony he's lost track of how phony he is...

Does he really agree with communist economic principles?...Hardly...he does not give the profits of his music to any centralized government for them so do as they see fit...in the past, his profits went up his nose...now we can only guess they go to his beach home in Boca Raton...

My long-winded point?...It's one thing to be phony in an effort to enhance your music career...it's quite another to, in the process of being phony, align your yourself with ideologies whose principles can only be effectuated when large portions of the population are subjugated, enslaved, or murdered...I don't think Steve's ever sat down and thought about that...that's why I get so angry at this guy...let him sing of the millions of Russians, Chinese, Romanians and Cubans who were slaughtered so that the principles of Karl Marx could be implemented...No, it's far easier for Steve to criticize his own government which, although pretty damn far from perfect, is, and has been, the greatest facilitator of individual freedom in the history of the planet...and that's a fact...

So, as I've been saying all along...I get really pissed with most musicians who espouse their political views because truth be known...they ain't that fucking smart and their status gives them far more credibility than they deserve...which is down-right dangerous

All that being said...I like Steve Earle's music too...when he stays away from politics

Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood