ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: E Rescue ROCKS! Return to archive
February 3rd, 2005 01:04 PM
Saint Sway hey I know Emotional Rescue record gets bashed by die hards and critics... but I fucking love it!

Let Me Go!!!!!!!
Summer Romance!!!!!
Where The Boys Go!!

those songs have such a raunchy and devil don't care attitude.
pissed off too
great drinking album!
February 3rd, 2005 04:11 PM
Some Guy One of my favorites!
February 3rd, 2005 04:59 PM
Jumacfly ER fuckin' Rocks!!!
"where the boys go" is one of my all time favs!!
February 3rd, 2005 05:29 PM
JumpingKentFlash Yes Jumac. George Clooney is cool
But the album by the Rolliong Stones is their second worst to me. The #1 spot is DW for sure.
February 3rd, 2005 05:36 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Yes Jumac. George Clooney is cool
But the album by the Rolliong Stones is their second worst to me. The #1 spot is DW for sure.

Hi JKF!
who the fuck is that Clooney ?
the worst Stones album IMHO is a live..but I won t tell you which one !!
Beware with your DW sentence this record got many hardcore fans here
cheers
JU
February 3rd, 2005 05:44 PM
White House Lawn EMOTIONAL RESCUE came out when I was in 10th grade--I played the Hell out of it. Still love it.

Those were the days--when a new Stones record got play! These kids today with their "Usher" and "Ashlee Simpson!" Grrrrrrrr!

Has anyone seen my teeth?
February 3rd, 2005 05:51 PM
Fiji Joe Welcome to the club...hell yes it rocks...
February 3rd, 2005 06:02 PM
Gazza There doesnt seem to be any half-measures with "Where the boys Go".

I think its one of the best rockers theyve ever done and its probably in my top ten Stones songs ever, but there seem to be a lot of folks who hate it just as equally.

I'm not that keen on the album...theres a few songs on it that are outright clunkers by Stones standards (or in the case of the title track, by ANYONE's standards) and a gem like WTBG doesnt really make up for it.
February 3rd, 2005 06:05 PM
White House Lawn Reading this thread just made me pop it on (via my iPod)--heck, I even like INDIAN GIRL! LOL
February 3rd, 2005 06:30 PM
Bloozehound I like ER, it's got humor, I like that

good party album
February 3rd, 2005 06:43 PM
Poplar
yep - levity, and soul... one of my favs.
February 3rd, 2005 07:05 PM
Fiji Joe Indian Girl is the second best Stones tune ever written...right after Loving Cup
February 3rd, 2005 07:38 PM
charlotte Emotional Rescue was originally released June 24, 1980, it went to #1 in both the UK & US. The album includes the single hits Emotional Rescue and She's So Cold. Most people know the music, so in my reviews I try to give you data on the sessions and interesting facts connected with the songs and the album. Here we go:

Interesting notes include:
.....the vinyl album was released with a large color poster of images taken of the Band with a thermographic camera that imaged the body heat instead of light.....a video was also done with thermographic cameras
.....the tracks on the album were recorded while Keith started his band The New Barbarians to fulfill his drug conviction sentence in Toronto by playing a benefit for the blind, which he did with Ron Wood and the rest of the Stones, and then did a tour (which made no money because the drug expenses were so high)....John Belushi was with the Band for most of the tour
.....Band members Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor, and Ian McLagan all released albums (with accusations that their best work had gone into their solo efforts)

The sessions for Emotional Rescue were very productive with many unreleased songs. They started in Nassau and continued in Paris with overdub and final mixing at Electric Lady Studios in NYC during Nov & Dec of 1979 and in April 1980.
Jan 18 - Feb 12, 1979 at Compass Point Studios in Nassau
.....She's So Cold
.....All About You
Jun 10 - Aug 25 & Sep 12 - Oct 19, 1979 at Pathe Marconi/EMI Studios in Paris
.....Dance
.....Summer Romance
.....Send It To Me
.....Let Me Go
.....Indian Girl
.....Where The Boys Go
.....Down In The Hole
.....Emotional Rescue

Also recorded during the Emotional Rescue sessions were:
.....Little T & A (released on Tattoo You)
.....Hang Fire (released on Tattoo You)
.....Worried About You (released on Tattoo You)
.....If I Was A Dancer (Dance, Pt. 2) (released as a 12" single)
.....Black Limousine (released on Tattoo You)
.....No Use In Crying (released on Tattoo You)

Tracks from these sessions that were never released included Gangster's Moll, I'll Let You Know, Linda Lu, Lonely At the Top, It Won't Be Long, Still In Love, Sweet Home Chicago, What's The Matter, You're So Beautiful (But You Gotta Die Someday), Break Away, and Sands Of Time.

This information comes from "It's Only Rock And Roll: The Ultimate Guide To The Rolling Stones" by Karnbach and Bernson and from my own collection, with some of the notes from Davis' "Old Gods Almost Dead."
February 3rd, 2005 08:50 PM
Gazza >Band members Ronnie Wood, Mick Taylor, and Ian McLagan all released albums (with accusations that their best work had gone into their solo efforts)

mick taylor??

Bit rich of anyone to accuse Ronnie and Mac of keeping their best work for their solo albums, considering they werent the Stones' songwriters, surely?

Ronnie's "Gimme some neck" is a good 'un (his best IMO), but it was cut around the time of "Some Girls". I havent listened to Mac's "Troublemaker" for years, its not a bad album!
February 3rd, 2005 10:13 PM
Soldatti I can't believe how this album was #1 and in US for 2 months! Ok, it's funny sure but with the exception of 3-4 tracks, the rest is stupid and weak, IMO.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood