ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kinky Friedman For Texas Govenor Return to archive
February 3rd, 2005 09:16 AM
Nellcote Annouced on IMUS today.
Possibly the nut job Texas needs?
He had a great children's band performing
As well as The Great, Billy Jo Shaver..
Here's the site, talk it up...
www.kinkyfriedman.com

Bloozehound, you are from that neck of the woods, does he have a chance?
February 3rd, 2005 11:10 AM
KeithRichards I read some of his books - not quite "literature" but a nice read!
February 3rd, 2005 03:25 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Bloozehound, you are from that neck of the woods, does he have a chance?

Nellcote did you type that with a straight face, lol

The real question is do dems have a chance. Texas isn't admist the grip of some Cal-EE-forn-AA style crisis (only the democratic party is nationwide) The smart moneys on Perry

Perry's got support from high places, plus a knack for kicking the tar outta Dems at the ballot box ala the 2002 mudslide when he wiped out then media darling Tony "the Dirty" Sanchez, and sent'em packin back to Larado combin his dirty moustache with his dirty money.

Don't get me wrong, Kinkys a true character, a great entertainer, a funny SOB and will definitely be a media darling, but I suspect his popularity won't stray too far away from of the "blue" counties within the state.

If Kinky even manages to be a third party draw at all, then all this adds up to is a desperate, local yokal Perot-ish move to spread the votes and unseat Perry. I suspect he'll probably do more harm to the dems than the repubs.

He's running as an independant and he's not even on the ballot yet, and Texas is traditionally a black or white kinda state, meaning no grey area if ya catch my drift, but who knows these days, we'll see...it's gonna be a hoot to watch though, he's already anounced if elected he'll appoint Willie Nelson as head of the Texas Rangers ~ LOL!
February 3rd, 2005 03:42 PM
Bovine49 I'd vote for him.
February 3rd, 2005 07:57 PM
Poplar
He's on Hardball right now... hysterical. He's got a cigar in hand, in front of the Alamo.
February 3rd, 2005 08:15 PM
telecaster
quote:
Poplar wrote:

He's on Hardball right now... hysterical. He's got a cigar in hand, in front of the Alamo.

That was pretty funny

I don't know anything about him but that was good

I lived in Tx for years, he doesn't have a prayer
February 3rd, 2005 09:04 PM
kath this from my brother who still lives in texas:

quote:
If you remember Kinky Friedman, the musician, writer, character-type, he's decided to run for governor. Kay Bailey Hutchison is running against the incumbent Rick Perry. Last weekend Kinky was quoted: "Kay Bailey Hutchison is twice the man Rick Perry is." More funny if you get to see them as much as we do here.

kinky's great (and i hate to mention it but he is jewish...) and hell, if jesse ventura could do it, why the hell not kinky???

texas needs to lighten up, nothing's been funny since ann richards left.....

February 3rd, 2005 09:15 PM
Nellcote Consider...

Jesse Ventura-Gov
Arnold-Terminator-Gov
Ronald Reagan-Gov, President

IMO, just when you think it can't happen, it could..

This cat could muster the vote in Texas if the right people get behind him.
Of course, the "skeleton factor" will be in full battle mode..

I think his line of "get rid of the woosification of Texas"
is Primo!

Do not over look for a minute he's best buddies with IMUS, who has a good following..

Good TV anyway...

[Edited by Nellcote]
February 4th, 2005 12:51 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
telecaster wrote:

That was pretty funny

I don't know anything about him but that was good

I lived in Tx for years, he doesn't have a prayer

I suspected a lil tex in ya, telecaster

you just lived there for a bit ?

what's the story
February 4th, 2005 01:01 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I think his line of "get rid of the woosification of Texas"
is Primo!

thats just a Kinky myth

cuz no such thing exists
February 4th, 2005 04:16 PM
Poplar
Arnold Schwarzenegger (my beloved gov.) and Jesse Ventura have appeared in two movies together ... for 30 points, name them.

February 5th, 2005 04:20 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Arnold Schwarzenegger (my beloved gov.) and Jesse Ventura have appeared in two movies together ... for 30 points, name them.

easy, popster!

predator & the running man

~~ Killian! I'll be back!

~~Only in a rerun.
February 5th, 2005 06:01 PM
prism Kinky is running mainly to publicize the issue of innocent people being executed. Texas has the highest rate of executions.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood