ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brussels Affair Definitive Edition - STONES BEST BOOT? Return to archive
January 31st, 2005 07:26 PM
time is on my side I don't have a lot of STONE BOOTS (only about 25-30) but, from what I've heard, this is by far the best one. Are there better boots than this???? Or is this the best one?? If there are better boots let me know what they are. Thanks
January 31st, 2005 07:27 PM
claudiomoraleida Perth, Australia Feb 24, 1973 is a good one too...Do you have it ?
January 31st, 2005 07:31 PM
time is on my side Yes I have that one (the one I have is called It's getting HOT up here! which I believe is the same show) and you are right it's a great boot.
January 31st, 2005 07:32 PM
mac_daddy i am partial to "gorgeous girls"

"you can't do that baby" is excepional, too.
January 31st, 2005 08:55 PM
Lazy Bones Do you have a preference - studio or live?

Cold Steel Blue and From Lakeland to Oakland are two that I've thoroughly enjoyed recently.

January 31st, 2005 09:14 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Brussels Affair Definitive Edition - STONES BEST BOOT?

Brussels Affair
Handsome Girls
Hampton 81

Best boots ever...
January 31st, 2005 09:17 PM
stonedinaustralia "Who went to Church this Sunday" - L.A. '75 - one of my favourites after Brussels
January 31st, 2005 09:28 PM
Madafaka Brussels Affair Definitive Edition is a double edition cd. J.J.Flash sent me a copy of that boot. Is one of my favs!
February 1st, 2005 01:22 AM
Poplar
Brussles (king)
Shattered in Europe
I Never Talked to Chuck Berry
Handsome Girls
February 1st, 2005 06:24 AM
Jumping Jack For those of you who like Sister Morphine's work the new Perth 73 being treed on Shidoobee is worth getting.
February 1st, 2005 09:02 AM
gimmekeef Brussels is tough to top...The Crystal Cat version "At The Cirkus"..the Stockholm theater show is also incredible sound wise although the show may not be as good as Brussels.MSG 111 Remastered from Bridges is also great.And if you like their old studio stuff try The Chess Sessions...
February 1st, 2005 09:11 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Hey POPLAR, can you tell me more about that boot called "I Never Talked to Chuck Berry"?????
There are rock'nroll tunes a la Chuck Berry???
very curious....
Thanks
Fabio
February 1st, 2005 10:49 AM
Stray Cat UK I never talked to Chuck Berry is from the LA forum 1975, I forget exact date. Mostly soundboard,but last few tracks are audience.

and NO Chuck Berry songs !

scuk
February 1st, 2005 12:20 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
I never talked to Chuck Berry is from the LA forum 1975, I forget exact date.

I Never Talked To Chuck Berry
L.A. Forum, 13-jul-75
CIRA-CD 10/11
February 1st, 2005 09:31 PM
Soldatti Leeds 82 is fantastic too.
February 2nd, 2005 12:49 AM
Poplar
Hey Fabio - Stray Cat stole my thunder.

But I'll add this: Of all the '75 shows I've heard, this one is te best, imho. The sound is perfect, and it's just a furious run through of the opening of the show. I've heard the HTW, ADTL, IYCRM--> GOMC string plenty of times, but this one truly smokes. HIGH OCTANE!!!!

enjoy.
February 2nd, 2005 09:11 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Hey, is this one?

or this one? what a different they make....
I have the first lp
February 2nd, 2005 01:16 PM
gustavobala no fabio, try this one:

http://ilovemickjagger.net/arlesimages/imagepages/image1407.htm

see too the images 1406, 1408 and 1409!
February 2nd, 2005 09:44 PM
Lazy Bones Glance through this page for some thorough details about boots pertaining to the Forum run:

http://www.rollingstonesnet.com/LA1975.htm

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
February 3rd, 2005 08:48 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff
yeah, this cover is really amazing!!!!!
and the thing I love more is title,
I really would to have this boot
thanks to dear Lazy Bones and Gustavo and poplar
Ciao
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood