ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan to tour with Merle/Lee March-April Return to archive
January 30th, 2005 12:00 PM
Martha Dyaln to tour states March-April!

The Bob Dylan Show: featuring Bob Dylan and his band, Merle Haggard and the Strangers, and Amos Lee

As of now 15 dates are posted with more to be added.

LINK: http://my.execpc.com/~billp61/dates.html

Amos Lee performs on David Letterman, March 3rd. I've never heard of him.

Anyone here know/heard this guy? Nasty? Stonesy? Gazza? Lazy Bones? Angiegirl? kath? Larry Dallas? Jaxx? Riffie? FPM C-10? mac_daddy? phog? glencar? Voodoo? JJ Flash? Soldatti? Parmeda? FG!? LJ? Gypsy? Hazy? TMR? sirmoonie? JOEY??? jb???

Anyone?

If not, here's the link for info:http://amoslee.com/

And does anyone know.....how old is Merle?
peace out,
Martha

Sweet home Chicago!
January 30th, 2005 12:27 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox Great news Martha! Does this mean that he's all but done with the new record? Would be a nice summertime release to look forward to.
January 30th, 2005 04:01 PM
TMR Amos Lee opened for Bob at the Bushkill show in.....2003 I think.

I didn't pay much attention to him because he didn't impress me from the start. Might be cool if some of his shows are taped.

I'd have to check out his website and grab some music bytes to give him another listen.
January 30th, 2005 04:52 PM
Gazza To answer your questions :

I'm not familiar at all with Amos Lee.
Merle Haggard will be 68 in April
January 30th, 2005 05:04 PM
mac_daddy quite a nice pantages run...
January 30th, 2005 06:19 PM
Gazza yes, I noticed that!

"torrent the fucker"
January 31st, 2005 11:52 AM
parmeda DYLAN, HAGGARD TO CO-HEADLINE AUDITORIUM THEATRE IN APRIL
Chicago SunTimes
January 31, 2005

Bob Dylan and Merle Haggard, America's most spiritual descendants of Woody Guthrie, are hooking up for a U.S. tour.

The tour, which also features singer-songwriter Amos Lee, will hit the Auditorium Theatre in Chicago on April 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6. Prices are still undetermined, but tickets will go on sale at 11 a.m. Feb. 19.

Dylan and his band and Haggard and his band, the Strangers, will kick off the tour March 7 in Seattle. Dylan, who is following up last summer's critically acclaimed tour of minor league baseball parks with Willie Nelson, plays Chicago on a regular basis, but Haggard hasn't appeared here since April 1998.

Dave Hoekstra - Staff Reporter

Hey Martha! ...You comin'?
Tickets go on sale soon
January 31st, 2005 12:10 PM
Saint Sway Dylan's band is phenomenal. Top notch players who really rock the shit out of his entire catalog. They've got a country rock, bluesy & rockabilly vibe. I've been floored everytime I've seen them.
January 31st, 2005 12:39 PM
Martha Sweet HOME Chicago I'm a comin' to see YOU!

Pammy, do you know if this venue is permantely seated down front in the orchestra section or will it be a GA fiasco?

And.......are you going?

:-)

"I'm just dyin' to MEEEEET you!"
January 31st, 2005 01:25 PM
parmeda Here ya go Martha...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/57351/4623

(1st Balcony seats are 'da bomb' at this joint)

..and yes, we shall be going!
I can't wait to meet you as well
January 31st, 2005 01:35 PM
Martha
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Here ya go Martha...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/seatingchart/57351/4623

(1st Balcony seats are 'da bomb' at this joint)

..and yes, we shall be going!
I can't wait to meet you as well

Pam, I went to the venue info yesterday to see if I could tell whether or not the orchestra section has bolted in seats or if they are removable. I cannot tell. Do you know specifically about that? Have you ever been to this venue before?

Are you shooting for all 5 nights? I have a cash flow problem (I know, I know, what's new) that I have to figure out, but as of now we plan to come up if we can make that work. I am hoping we can make it in for the entire week. :-)

peace over and out for now,
M
February 2nd, 2005 08:13 AM
mac_daddy are there any preorder tickets.,> getting to a computer/phone during work hours on monday is going to be tough...

i would love to hit as many of the la shows as i can find tickets for. any advice..?
February 2nd, 2005 08:16 AM
mac_daddy found the presale info - again, doing this from work is a bitch (restricted access)... i can try the phone order thing, but i have never done presale over the phone...

anyone want to try and hook me up - you know i am good for the $$$...
February 2nd, 2005 08:25 AM
mac_daddy well, i will try the phone numbers today, otherwise i will hit the 'net when i get home, and hope for the best, but i would assume that the presale tix go very quickly today, and will be gone by this afternoon (i just missed qotsa presale for the same reason)...
February 2nd, 2005 09:14 AM
Madafaka Wait a minute... What about NYC?
February 2nd, 2005 11:29 AM
Martha
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Wait a minute... What about NYC?

Dates aren't all up yet. Stay tuned!

mac I am sending you vibes that you get into ALL 5 shows. Keep doing the next right thing and it will come together. :-)

Keep us posted!

xxoo,
M
February 2nd, 2005 04:03 PM
TMR Anybody know what a typical ticket would cost in this venue? I was originally thinking $50 but they might get close to $75 or so....anyone happen to know the skinny?
February 2nd, 2005 05:01 PM
Madafaka Thank you Martha! Hope be in NYC when Dylan plays.
February 2nd, 2005 07:42 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Martha wrote:

mac I am sending you vibes that you get into ALL 5 shows. Keep doing the next right thing and it will come together. :-)

Keep us posted!

xxoo,
M

February 3rd, 2005 06:11 AM
Gazza
quote:
TMR wrote:
Anybody know what a typical ticket would cost in this venue? I was originally thinking $50 but they might get close to $75 or so....anyone happen to know the skinny?

Oakland is $46 - 66
LA is $50 - 72

So, I'd guess the rest of the shows (with the exception of Las Vegas which is about $125 top price and which isnt a Dylan/Haggard double-header) would be in that price area
February 3rd, 2005 06:25 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oakland is $46 - 66
LA is $50 - 72

So, I'd guess the rest of the shows (with the exception of Las Vegas which is about $125 top price and which isnt a Dylan/Haggard double-header) would be in that price area

dont forget the $10 convenience fee per ticket...
February 4th, 2005 10:35 AM
Martha "dont forget the $10 convenience fee per ticket..."

I've never felt that fee to be very "convenient" and it can be higher than 10 bucks depending on the venue.....watch those pennies!

So, have you copped your tickets yet macd? Fingers still crossed and prayers are beng sent hourly from OH!

And....I got something wonderful from you in yesterday's mail. :-)

love and peace,
Martha
February 4th, 2005 09:24 PM
mac_daddy gotta love the password...

Special Internet Pre-Sale Offer!

“The Bob Dylan Show”
featuring
Bob Dylan and his Band
Merle Haggard and the Strangers
Amos Lee

Pantages Theatre
Monday, March 21 at 7:00pm
Tuesday, March 22 at 7:00pm
Wednesday, March 23 at 7:00pm
Friday, March 25 at 7:30pm
Saturday, March 26 at 7:30pm

As a valued customer of Nederlander Concerts, you are invited to take advantage of a special internet pre-sale.

The pre-sale is available Sunday, February 6th only from 12 Noon to 6:00 PM.
To participate in this special offer, click on the link below and enter the password: Bootleg

http://www.ticketmaster.com/venueartist/90160/734972

Ticket Limit is 4 per person

Get your tickets now!

Tickets go on sale to the public Monday, February 7th at 10:00 AM.

See you at the show!

February 5th, 2005 08:38 AM
Lazy Bones Two Milwaukee dates just added (8/9 April)...
February 5th, 2005 12:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Martha wrote:

Amos Lee performs on David Letterman, March 3rd. I've never heard of him.

Well, who's Merle Haggard?
Just kiddin' of course....another frikken God.
February 5th, 2005 12:49 PM
Bloozehound I'm telling you guys I smell a super group in the near future

Willie, the Hag, Dylan & Keef

It has the potential to be really fuckin cool
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood