ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Raise A Drink for Iraqi Voters Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 30th, 2005 08:47 AM
Poplar Hell Yeah!

[Edited by Poplar]
January 30th, 2005 09:08 AM
Maxlugar All people want to be free to choose their government.

Big up to our great president GEORGE W. BUSH!

Next stop: Iran, the pit of E-VIL!

January 30th, 2005 09:50 AM
The Wick God, you are a real tosser.
January 30th, 2005 10:01 AM
nankerphelge Amazing thing to see.

Here, just outside of DC in Maryland is one of the only voting places on the East Coast for expatriated Iraqis -- one guy drove 11 hours from Cow Hampshire last month to register and then rtruned 11 hours this weekend to vote.

Truly inspirational!
January 30th, 2005 10:04 AM
Riffhard Hey Wick,You're a dick! You think you can come on this board and start slamming Maxy?! You gotta another thing coming big boy. Tosser? Tosser?! Listen up you bent little twat. Maxy has been posting here for quite a bit longer than you and everyone here knows his politics(some even agree with him)and his sense of humour. If you don't get it than that's your own fucking problem. Don't start throwing around insults to people that have 1,000's of times more clout on this board than you do! You don't agree with him? Fine. Find a little less insulting way of showing it.

Riffhard
January 30th, 2005 10:31 AM
The Wick Calling Iran the Pit of Evil is not insulting though is it? Please realize that people from around the world read this board, and the Stones do have fans in Iran like me. If you want to call the Iranian government the pit of evil, fine, but when you say, "Next Stop Iran," the implication is that the people deserve to die- which I don't doubt that you and others would love to see.

The last time I checked this isn't a political forum. Besides, those of you who support Bush all talk about democracy and freedom of expression, so how is it that you can't handle anyone with a contrary view. As for seniority on the board, grow up. If anything, it should give you a thicker skin.
January 30th, 2005 11:40 AM
Riffhard
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Calling Iran the Pit of Evil is not insulting though is it? Please realize that people from around the world read this board, and the Stones do have fans in Iran like me. If you want to call the Iranian government the pit of evil, fine, but when you say, "Next Stop Iran," the implication is that the people deserve to die- which I don't doubt that you and others would love to see.

The last time I checked this isn't a political forum. Besides, those of you who support Bush all talk about democracy and freedom of expression, so how is it that you can't handle anyone with a contrary view. As for seniority on the board, grow up. If anything, it should give you a thicker skin.

Wick are you in Iran? I think I can safely speak for Maxy when I say his comment about Iran is directed at the Imams and other Islamofascists that make up the goverment of Iraq and not the population. The fact is that most Iranians are watching the Iraqi elections with a real sense of wonder,and hopes that they will be next in line for a true democraticaly run state. I personally feel that Iran is on the cusp of another cultural revolution. This one of a decidedly democratic nature. Democracy has always had a domino effect when it has gotten a foothold in a region. Take a look at what happened in former Eastern Block communists countries after the fall of the USSR. This is the exact reason that these radical Islamic fucks are so hellbent on killing any vestiage of self governance inside the Mid East. They know that their days are numbered if it's successful. 72% of Iraqis showed up to vote! Amazing by anyone's standards! I mean only 53% showed up for the American election and we were not being threatened with death. I guess the Iraqis really do want democracy.

Anyway no offense,but I think you need to understand Maxy's sense of humour a bit more. He was not calling Iranians evil,but rather the Iranian theocracy. I'd say he pretty much hit the nail on the head with that description. Your right this is not a political forum,but this thread is decidedly political. However,the point of the thread was to salute the bravery of the Iraqi people for telling the terrorists to fuck off by showing up at the polls,and I gladly will raise plenty of pints to them today!

Riffhard
January 30th, 2005 11:55 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
All people want to be free to choose their government.

Big up to our great president GEORGE W. BUSH!

Next stop: Iran, the pit of E-VIL!

Amen brudder.....
January 30th, 2005 12:42 PM
LadyJane Seeing the men and especially the WOMEN of Iraq lining up to cast their vote is indeed an amazing thing to witness. I may have issues with the Bush agenda, but wish the people of Iraq peace and freedom!!

LJ.
January 30th, 2005 12:51 PM
Maxlugar Oh course that is what I meant Riffy.

And by the way, by "next stop" I meant democracy not a US invasion. I hope the people overthrow their evil rulers themselves and by seeing what has just happened in Iraq I feel they will seriously consider it.

Lets hope.

A government that publically executed a 14 year old girl for having sex is not a government that can be trusted with nukes.

Is "Tosser" persian for genius?

January 30th, 2005 01:33 PM
sirmoonie There it is, from the forest/trees department. A bunch of guys vowing to raise a drink to a bunch of backward ass Islamic nutcases. Will they actually go through with this stunt? Only Allah fucking knows.

Excuse me, barkeep? I'd like a nice cool Guinness and a shot of Hezbollah on the side. What? No, I'm serious....really.....really, its my first drink today......

This is biff-loaded with irony and contradiction, I guess a minor one being that not even the Islamics being toasted would reduce themselves to drink the toast being offered.

Is "tosser" Berber for moof piss?
January 30th, 2005 01:38 PM
Riffhard Hi Moonie!

I'll raise a pint for you as well!

Viva Iraq!

Riffhard
January 30th, 2005 01:58 PM
Bitch Yes, a toast to the men and women of Iraq who turned out to vote. I just hope they can handle their freedom, move on with their government, so the troops can get the hell out of there now!
January 30th, 2005 02:24 PM
Some Guy CNN is projecting a Bush lead in most districts reporting.
January 30th, 2005 03:03 PM
time is on my side Yes, let's raise a toast to all the people who are voting in Iraq. Democracy in action is always a great thing if the people of that country are willing to fight and, yes, in the end die for it. Over the long term (not a few short years but decades), each country must make that decision on their own. There will always be forces and individuals (lusting for unlimited power) who be against these type of governments (it's a fact that a majority of a people in the world do not live in freedom).

While I'm personally in favor of the war on terrorism and against the war in Iraq (to me they are not the same thing), I hope and pray in the long run it all works out, that a stable democracy is planted in Iraq, that I was wrong about Bush's policies toward Iraq, and that the Iraqis people can reap the benefits of living in freedom without self destructing into civil conflict.
January 30th, 2005 04:22 PM
Poplar

hell yeah!
January 30th, 2005 04:33 PM
telecaster A great day for the entire world.

Stones show in Bagdhad '06?

Let's hope The Eagles don't play there or they will wish Saddam was back
January 30th, 2005 05:20 PM
Poplar

Actually, I hear they've booked the Basra Hookaktorium, The Mosul Theater, and even the Fallujah Burkadome.

Ha - Tele! you kill me, man.
January 30th, 2005 05:44 PM
glencar This is an inspirational day. These Iraqis took to voting like ducks to water. Of course, some Dems are upset: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x3029263
January 30th, 2005 05:58 PM
Poplar Glencar, it's just the same old shrill negativity my friend, and it sounds more ridiculous every day. I'm so fuck'n proud of those Iraqis, and our troops, etc. I'm raising my glass (again) to this ... and will all damn day!

note: ok - i just actually READ the post now (that link you had up). That's some sad shit. Gawd. I truly pitty anyone who actually feels that way... what a sorry-ass existance that must be.

[Edited by Poplar]
January 30th, 2005 05:59 PM
glencar Some of the later posts on that page actually take the first guy to task. I thnk it's really Teddy Drunk Kennedy.
January 30th, 2005 06:08 PM
Poplar
a great step towards bringing our guys and gals home, and a great step for democracy, in a part of the world that needs it something fierce.

y'all have a good day - i'm gonna go celebrate a bit.
January 30th, 2005 06:13 PM
telecaster
quote:
Poplar wrote:

a great step towards bringing our guys and gals home, and a great step for democracy, in a part of the world that needs it something fierce.

y'all have a good day - i'm gonna go celebrate a bit.

It is a great thing. Every dictator knows his days are numbered. Those people standing in line to vote are sending a message around the world

Great job from our coalition troops and the Iraqi voters

Cool videos on the news, I didn't know it was that successful
January 30th, 2005 06:19 PM
glencar Syrians are jealous today...
January 30th, 2005 06:26 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Syrians are jealous today...

Look for a SERIOUS Civil War to break out in Iraq soon after this election .

Remember what happened in America right after Abraham Lincoln won the Presidency in 1860 ?!?! The South knew it had no choice but to go to war against the North and seven hundred thousand people lost their lives in the process .

Developing .............................

Shiver ...................................

" Oh , It's Coming Alright , Ronnie ! "

The Jacky ! ....Quality ...Visionary ...Quixotic ....Jacky !
January 30th, 2005 07:29 PM
Maxlugar [quote]sirmoonie wrote:
A bunch of guys vowing to raise a drink to a bunch of backward ass Islamic nutcases.

I wonder if The Wick saw THAT!

Surely he'll have something to say about that one.

No?

January 30th, 2005 07:56 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]sirmoonie wrote:
A bunch of guys vowing to raise a drink to a bunch of backward ass Islamic nutcases.

I wonder if The Wick saw THAT!

Surely he'll have something to say about that one.

No?

He's a piss-tosser, Maxwell. Anyway, what could he say that you newly found lovers of Islam haven't said already?
January 30th, 2005 09:48 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

With whole lotta love and deep respect to the innocent Iraqi civilians
January 31st, 2005 12:03 AM
sirmoonie Seriously, how old are some of you guys? What did you do when you were growing up? Play Risk and watch cartoons with your mommies all day long?

1,500 and counting U.S. and British soldiers have died in this war, that's SOLE purpose was to prevent further threats to the West. I was ALL for it at the time, as were most. I'd have done a lot more planning, and picked a better target, but what the fuck - Iraq is where we ended up. The ONLY question now is whether we were lied to, misled, misinformed, mismanaged, or just dumb. My guess is a mix of mismanaged with a bit of misinformed.

Bottom line: a multi-hundred BILLION dollar cluster-fuck, that is currently tying up WELL over half the available U.S. military in a police action dedicated to chasing a bunch of bandits around in the Iraqi desert, at a time when they could be doing something of actual value.

Listening to you twits come up with this Monday morning goofball shit about "freedom" and being all jack-assed-jizzed up because some fucking Islamic idiots "voted" today is just demeaning to everything our troops did and everything they died for. You should all be very ashamed of yourselves.

Just my two. Is I be wrong? Tell me why. Explain it in like real, real simple terms, because obviously I'm not as smarterer as you be is and stuff.

P.S. Can some fucking geeky twerp post more pictures of poor subjugated Iraqi women covered from head to toe in black cloth? And then talk shit about freedom and liberty? That would be cool? Hell Yeah!

"Help me, help help me, Ronnie!"
January 31st, 2005 12:26 AM
greedo pull my finger, sirmoonie

Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood