ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CRISS CROSS MAN Return to archive
January 28th, 2005 11:45 PM
exile I just fucking love this song

unfortunatley by copy has about 3 seconds of static in the middle then the song again

could anyone zip up and send me a copy of that song or maybe a link where i can download it.

winmx isnt coming up with anything

PLEASE!!

January 29th, 2005 06:44 AM
Jaxx check your email. i've just ripped 2 versions of crisscross man off of accetates and forwarded to you. i hope the format works in your media player.
January 29th, 2005 12:17 PM
gimmekeef I love that song too...always have felt it kinda sounds like Its Only R&R in several spots.
January 29th, 2005 04:46 PM
Gazza Correct title is actually "Criss Cross Mind". Good track. One of the better outtakes
January 29th, 2005 09:15 PM
Soldatti Great song, one of the best "rockers" outtakes.
January 30th, 2005 09:01 AM
exile
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
check your email. i've just ripped 2 versions of crisscross man off of accetates and forwarded to you.

Hi Jaxx thank you for trying.
Im afraid they did not come through....anyone able to post them up somewhere where i can download them
January 30th, 2005 10:52 AM
Some Guy I have never heard this song. I would love to hear it!!
January 30th, 2005 07:43 PM
stonedinaustralia love that weird sound in the intro - i expect it's a keyboard sound of some sort but it sounds more like some kind of wood wind instrument

totally raunchy quintessentially keith riff

also that line that lux uses in her sig - "i gotta lotta knots in my hair i can't seem to straighten out" - excellent
January 31st, 2005 02:57 AM
gypsymofo60 a GREAT TRACK THAT SHOULD HAVE APPEARED OFFICALLY SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY. Maybe on 'Made In The Shade'. Funny how popular this track is in Australia.
February 1st, 2005 07:21 PM
rockin ryan actually, criss cross man was released on a soundtrack to a Japenese movie called Metamorphosis. However, I've not been able to locate it anywhere. I'm sure that I saw this either on Aeppeli's site or Nico's. Anybody have more info? Does this maybe connect to the Australian popularity?
February 1st, 2005 07:44 PM
stonedinaustralia just checked out nico's site - it seems there maybe more than one version doing the rounds - according to Nico the track used on the soundtrack of that japanese movie (Metamorphosis) featured sax o/dubs by bobbby keys

the only version i'm familiar with (as featured on mickboys "dancin' so free") has no sax on it

anybody heard the take with sax
February 2nd, 2005 07:12 PM
exile I have not heard the version with sax
its a pity it was never released
any one know why

hey SIA Im sorry i never got that video of stones reunion
I didnt find it!!!
and now all my stuff is in storage as i live in Darwin now studying Pharmacy.

[Edited by exile]
February 2nd, 2005 08:56 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
Funny how popular this track is in Australia.

I never heard about that...
February 3rd, 2005 07:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
a GREAT TRACK THAT SHOULD HAVE APPEARED OFFICALLY SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY. Maybe on 'Made In The Shade'. Funny how popular this track is in Australia.

tell us more..whats the story with this?
February 3rd, 2005 08:41 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Why someone put on line this fuckin' song ??? (that sound rock'n'roll!!)
Never heard this song and I 'd want to play in I tunes
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood