ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Playoffs...NFL (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 16th, 2005 08:57 PM
Some Guy Congatulations Patriots- big ups!
The Colts have a good team... for me to poop on.
January 16th, 2005 09:06 PM
mac_daddy bring on the steelers...

go pats!!!!
January 16th, 2005 09:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels See the Euros don't give a shit about this sport, but they do understand passion. They understand the emotions that make one poor human being want to tear down the other guys stadium, but at the very same time maintain the decorum and vaneer of "sportsmanship".
January 16th, 2005 09:34 PM
littleredrooster It was a slam dunk!
Congrads to the Patriots, defense does win Championships!

Good luck against the Tin Curtain!
January 16th, 2005 10:36 PM
Nellcote How Sweet It Is!
What does Pittsburgh have to stop Corey Dillon?
January 16th, 2005 10:55 PM
time is on my side Congratulations in what just about everyone should proclaim
as a dominating, awesome performance. If the PATS should win another Super Bowl (coupled with their NFL records for most consecutive victories both if you include the playoffs and then regular season), yes I would term that a dynasty. All the more impressive when you consider this would have been done in an era of free agency where it is difficult to keep a team together.

Also, hard to believe people were underestimating a team that was 14-2 in the regular season, set the above record for consecutive victories, and had won two of the last three Super Bowls.

[Edited by time is on my side]
January 16th, 2005 11:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Congratulations in what just about everyone should proclaim
as a dominating, awesome performance. If the PATS should win another Super Bowl (coupled with their NFL records for most consecutive victories both if you include the playoffs and then regular season), yes I would term that a dynasty. All the more impressive when you consider this would have been done in an era of free agency where it is difficult to keep a team together.

Also, hard to believe people were underestimating a team that was 14-2 in the regular season, set the above record for consecutive victories, and had won two of the last three Super Bowls.

Well said. I'm crying now.(not literally but ... close enough) Time to go to bed. Wake me up when spring arrives...(LOL.just joking.) Rock On.
January 17th, 2005 03:43 PM
Some Guy ESPN has just about written off the Falcons against the Eagles. Shit, might as well not even show up.
January 17th, 2005 03:47 PM
gimmekeef Big Steelers fan here...but Pats look awful tough.Think Big Ben's hit the rookie wall.Who would have thought the home field 16-1 team would be 3 point underdogs in the big game?....
January 18th, 2005 02:03 AM
Sir Stonesalot Shhhhhh....

Don't anybody talk about the Eagles.

Remember, they don't stand a chance without T.O.
January 18th, 2005 05:42 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Shhhhhh....

Don't anybody talk about the Eagles.

Remember, they don't stand a chance without T.O.

and don't mention they lost 3 championship games in a row. could be 4. Atl. sports radio is even talking down Falcons chances.
January 18th, 2005 05:44 PM
Joey

I like the Steelers Chances ...

I like ...

I .....*** END TRANSMISSION ***
January 18th, 2005 05:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
I like the Steelers Chances ...

What chances?
January 18th, 2005 05:55 PM
Some Guy People be dissing da Steelers. Why?
January 18th, 2005 06:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
People be dissing da Steelers. Why?

I'm not dissing the Steelers. I just don't want to see people get hurt by getting their hopes up too high.

Besides look on the bright side, the Steelers will get to take their last showers of the season at home.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 18th, 2005 06:11 PM
Some Guy They are 6 point underdogs at home. ESPN has been talking smack about them also. What up?
January 19th, 2005 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
They are 6 point underdogs at home. ESPN has been talking smack about them also. What up?

Steelers will win Sunday Evening !

BET THE RANCH !!!

[Edited by Joey]
January 19th, 2005 12:03 PM
gimmekeef Steelers are actually 3 pt underdogs but it looks like the line might drop to 2.5 pts as you have to lay -125 to get Steelers plus the 3......
January 19th, 2005 06:22 PM
Jumping Jack ofer

0-4

Eagles CHOKE AGAIN!!!!
January 19th, 2005 07:09 PM
time is on my side Well, it's that time of the year. People are betting the ranch (I've always wondered what kind of properties are involved) and then there are people who are choking. Must be NFL prime time. I love it.

It looks to me like these are four evenly matched teams so the games could go either way. Just a word of warning, I'm almost always wrong when it comes to predicting who will win (the teams I choose almost always lose- so I just thought I would let the cat out of the bag and let you know up front). The crystal ball is out and, my GOD, I see another 20-17 score over there at the AFC. Another place kicker has missed another field goal which could have won the game but who is it??? Out of the mist, I see the usually reliable Adam Vinatieri shanking a game winner to the right causing jubilation on the Steeler bench. It looks like it's going to overtime. Like a repeat of last week, Reed wins it in OT. The Steelers with their great defense win 20-17.

Now at the NFC there is someone flying through the air. Is it plane??? Is it a UFO??? No, it's Michael Vick. He's just scored another touchdown against the usually solid Eagle defense to put the Falcons ahead 28-14. Since I predicted an Eagle victory, this all comes as a shock. FALCONS WIN and are headed to the SUPER BOWL. Everyone is shaking their in disbelief (they put Michael Vick on defense for a series and he intercepted the pass and returned it for a touchdown).

January 19th, 2005 09:05 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Another place kicker has missed another field goal which could have won the game but who is it??? Out of the mist, I see the usually reliable Adam Vinatieri shanking a game winner to the right causing jubilation on the Steeler bench.

LOL. Better get a new crystal ball, Automatic Adam doesn't miss.

January 19th, 2005 09:41 PM
Nellcote TTM, I was thinking the same, however, I've imposed upon myself the Belichick embargo of speaking. There is much to be won...
January 20th, 2005 06:36 PM
Some Guy Eagles fans are rude!
January 20th, 2005 06:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Eagles fans are rude!

Eagle's fans are in for a rude awakening. If the Falcons don't get them the Pats will.
January 20th, 2005 07:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Eagle's fans are in for a rude awakening. If the Falcons don't get them the Pats will.

Oh, we got this!
Arthur Blank had snow blowers brought up to Flowery Branch this week to help the Falcons prepare.
[Edited by Some Guy]
January 21st, 2005 05:34 PM
Some Guy Talking bout some snow in Philly. Maybe a foot on the ground, with the possibility of another foot... up McNabbs ass.
January 21st, 2005 05:39 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Talking bout some snow in Philly. Maybe a foot on the ground, with the possibility of another foot... up McNabbs ass.

that will slow down Vick too keep in mind!
January 21st, 2005 05:44 PM
Riffhard People that take the Falcons too lightly are certainly no fans of recent NFL history. Who is the only team to beat the Packers during the playoffs on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field? That's right sports fans. It was the Atlanta Falcons!! They were supposed to get crushed. They were a 9 point underdog. No way in hell that the hapless Falcons could beat the mighty Packers and golden boy Farve,but there it is. In the history books.

Riffhard
January 21st, 2005 06:44 PM
time is on my side Let's cast our minds away from the pettiness and backstabbing of the regular board. From the latest post, it appears to have been another bitter day of fighting in an ongoing daytime soap opera. Does anyone really care who likes who? Let's spend our time in more peaceful pursuits. Like NFL FOOTBALL.

Bodies are flying around. It's dog eat dog. Who's going to win??? Who's going to lose??? Will the Eagles lose 4 in a row and go down in flames with the Bill's as one of the all time losers when it comes to playoff action ??? Will the Falcon's be able to sustain the momentum after crushing the LAMBS??? Are the PATS one of the all time great teams?? A team for the ages??? Will the Steeler defense prove to be too much??? Will the Steel Curtain extend their winning streak??? These are the questions I want answered. It's NFL prime time.

January 21st, 2005 07:09 PM
quackenbush E-A-G-L-E-S

EAGLES!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood