ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Pirámide del Sol - Teotihuacan, México Febrero de 1998
© Sergio Mimbrera
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Playoffs...NFL (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
January 15th, 2005 08:21 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Whew!!!!!!!!!!!

RESPEK, MAN!

2 chances to put you away, ZERO!!

Congrads....but you won't beat the Colts!
January 15th, 2005 08:34 PM
sirmoonie What?

I've been asked to characterize the Steelers?

Okay.

Its called "poise and moxie" my friends.

Poise and moxie.

You will be hearing a lot about the Steelers' poise and moxie on their inexorable march to the Super Bowl victory that god has commanded.

That you will.

Yep.
January 15th, 2005 09:20 PM
time is on my side The Steelers won but I cannot believe how poorly they played. They tried to give the game away which has nothing to do with poise (an interception with two minutes to go in regulation is not my idea of poise) and the Jets placekicker BLEW IT not once but twice (this is more my idea of CHOKE). The Steelers were lucky plain and simple. They actually deserved to lose.

My team, the Falcons, is up by two touchdowns now but it looks like an offensive shoot out so anything can happen. GO FALCONS.

As I was writing this, the RAMS scored a touchdown, so I was saying, anything can happen.

[Edited by time is on my side]
January 15th, 2005 09:37 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
What?

I've been asked to characterize the Steelers?

Okay.

Poise and moxie.

You will be hearing a lot about the Steelers' poise and moxie on their inexorable march to the Super Bowl victory that god has commanded.

That you will.

Yep.

Yeah, sure.....skin of you teeth is much more appropriate!

January 15th, 2005 09:53 PM
LadyJane I love a good close game. Damn that was good...someone once referred to the AFC as the "almost football conference." HA to you!!

LJ.
January 15th, 2005 09:55 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
The Steelers won but I cannot believe how poorly they played. They tried to give the game away which has nothing to do with poise (an interception with three minutes to go in regulation is not my idea of poise) and the Jets placekicker BLEW IT not once but twice (this is more my idea of CHOKE). The Steelers were lucky plain and simple. They actually deserved to lose.

I dissent.

Jets are better than anyone has been saying. Steelers were better team and the only team with substantial drives. Bodes well for next week against the Colts.

Yes, Big Ben did look like Cordell Stewart at times, airing the ball out like a urine stained sheet. But he came back to deliver the huck. And THAT is what poise and moxie is all about.

Poise and moxie.
January 15th, 2005 10:00 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Bodes well for next week against the Colts.

January 15th, 2005 10:02 PM
time is on my side Agree that the Jets were a better team than people were saying. Absolutely, they were a dangerous team. We agree to disagree about the Steelers. If the Jets placekicker (they are paid big money after all, even more than overpaid lawyers, to hit field goals from 40 yards) doesn't miss the 40 yard field goal with time expiring, the Steelers lose plain and simple.

In other words, it wasn't about the Steelers (it was out if their hands at that point), it was about the Jets blowing it with a professional field goal kicker missing two attempts in a row (commonly referred to around these parts as a CHOKE). Hell, there have been kickers who have gone an entire season without missing one field goal let alone two.

By the way, VICK looks sensational so far

January 15th, 2005 10:16 PM
sirmoonie You are an ornery cuss Time Is On My Sidie.
January 15th, 2005 10:25 PM
time is on my side MICHAEL VICK!!! I'm starting to smell SUPER BOWL. I had predicted before they would lose to the EAGLES in the NFC but they are really looking good in this game and now I'm not so sure.
January 15th, 2005 10:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This thread needs a little color...................

January 15th, 2005 10:31 PM
sirmoonie Poise and moxie.
January 15th, 2005 10:36 PM
Bloozehound
January 15th, 2005 10:42 PM
time is on my side The Patriot Cheerleaders now that's what I call poise and moxie.
January 15th, 2005 11:24 PM
Some Guy What?

I've been asked to characterize the Falcons?

Okay.

Poise and moxie.

You will be hearing a lot about the Falcons' poise and moxie on their inexorable march to the Super Bowl victory that God has commanded.

That you will.

Yep.
January 15th, 2005 11:54 PM
time is on my side It's destiny man. These things have already
been decided probably long before we were born.

It's God will.

Amen brother.

Falcons. Super Bowl. It's all starting to make sense.

January 16th, 2005 12:27 AM
BILL PERKS IF THE EAGLES ARENT WORRIED YET ..THEY SHOULD BE
January 16th, 2005 08:16 AM
Jumping Jack Don't be suprised if the Eagles get punked by the Vikes today. Peyton to pick NE apart as well. Falcons win the Superbowl. Nothing like drinking on Sunday morning!
Hallelujah!
January 16th, 2005 09:05 AM
Some Guy Falcons Fever catch it bee- yaatch!
January 16th, 2005 09:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Falcons Fever catch it bee- yaatch!

They looked pretty good last night even though I only saw the first half. I'm glad they crushed the Rams.
January 16th, 2005 11:24 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

They looked pretty good last night even though I only saw the first half. I'm glad they crushed the Rams.

I was happy with what I saw. The Rams are a good team... for me to poop on.
January 16th, 2005 12:08 PM
Riffhard Let me help this thread out a little!

See now if I had a shot of Rosem I would have posted that as well. Vick runs for 119 yards and throws for two TDs. Allen Rosem runs for 232 yards on Special Teams. Dunn! Duckett! Crumpler! Brookings! Kearney! Coleman! Lord knows the Eagles or the Vikings had better be afraid. They better be very afraid!

If the Falcons play the game that they played last night against either of these two teams it's over. That was one of the most dominating performances that I have ever seen in the playoffs. 47-17. Shit,it wasn't even that close!

Riffhard

January 16th, 2005 12:35 PM
Some Guy Todays football tidbit of wisdom:
1. Vikings

2. Toss up? I just dunno bout game 2.
January 16th, 2005 12:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Let me help this thread out a little!

See now if I had a shot of Rosem I would have posted that as well. Vick runs for 119 yards and throws for two TDs. Allen Rosem runs for 232 yards on Special Teams. Dunn! Duckett! Crumpler! Brookings! Kearney! Coleman! Lord knows the Eagles or the Vikings had better be afraid. They better be very afraid!

If the Falcons play the game that they played last night against either of these two teams it's over. That was one of the most dominating performances that I have ever seen in the playoffs. 47-17. Shit,it wasn't even that close!

Riffhard

It's Falcons Fever!
January 16th, 2005 06:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Tell me when it's over, I can't bear to look.
January 16th, 2005 06:11 PM
Some Guy Time for some Chunky soup!
January 16th, 2005 06:37 PM
time is on my side It's going down to the wire. Could go either
way. The weather conditions and the fact that it
is at home, seems to favor the Patriots. That
combined with the fact that they have been in these
situations before and are used to winning (they are
the defending champs).

Will Manning finally explode??? Will the Patriots score
a touchdown??? I guess we will find out soon enough (it's
currently 6-3 Patriots in the third quarter).
January 16th, 2005 06:42 PM
Some Guy Dude, that is some nasty weather... you know it is the cold and flu season.
January 16th, 2005 07:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Poise and moxie.

Well it looks like manning has lost both his POISE and his MOXIE. Oh well hit the showers Colts...there's always next year.
January 16th, 2005 07:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels See ya next week "Steelers"!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood