ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Coliseo de San Juan, Purto Rico - February 11, 2006
© Javier J. Freytes, "El Nuevo Día" with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: superbowl torrents Return to archive
February 6th, 2006 09:07 PM
the worst kinda guy are the torrents being taken off the tracker ? i seen two today and now there gone. i tried to download both using bit
tornado but got a rejected by tracker error. what gives ??
February 6th, 2006 09:10 PM
Gazza One was uploaded as an avi file, which is a lossy format

The other was uploaded and wasnt 'announced', which - as I posted the other day - (http://www.novogate.com/board/968/220527-1.html)

means it gets yanked automatically. There wasnt even a seeder, which arouses our suspicions further.

We've also now been advised that Sprint are selling DVDs of the Stones' performance on their site, which makes it an official commercial release, so for legal reasons they have to be removed anyway.

Sorry.
[Edited by Gazza]
February 6th, 2006 09:34 PM
the worst kinda guy i see nothing on the sprint site. can you provide a link ?
February 7th, 2006 09:54 AM
justinkurian I think it's www.sprint.com/music

But, I thought you could download the songs if you had Sprint as your service provider.

Is the DVD for anyone to buy?
February 7th, 2006 10:08 AM
egon "One was uploaded as an avi file, which is a lossy format"

what does that mean gazza?

I clicked on the superbowl file myself yesterday...
February 7th, 2006 10:34 AM
mac_daddy avi is a lossy video format, usually divx. it is the mp3 of the video world...

likewise, no svcd or vcd should be seeded here - dvd only; no compressed video or audio...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
February 7th, 2006 11:04 AM
egon so i started downloading the avi file,
which is no longer there?
February 7th, 2006 12:06 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
egon wrote:
so i started downloading the avi file,
which is no longer there?

yep. and it wont be there again. so delete it.
February 7th, 2006 01:17 PM
voodoostones AVI is NOT a lossy video format. You can record with uncompressed AVI. File would be 80 GB for 2 hours of video. DIVX is a lossy codec...
February 7th, 2006 03:26 PM
egon whatever it is, it's good enough for me.
the boys rock.
sadly, the sound doesn't so much...
February 7th, 2006 07:56 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
voodoostones wrote:
AVI is NOT a lossy video format. You can record with uncompressed AVI. File would be 80 GB for 2 hours of video. DIVX is a lossy codec...

you are correct - avi is the container, but it is used to house compressed video, with the exception of being used with lossless codecs during the interim stages of encoding...

regardless - avi files should NOT be uploaded to the ro tracker...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)