ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Coliseo de San Juan, Purto Rico - February 11, 2006
© Javier J. Freytes, "El Nuevo Día" with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tim Ries - The Rolling Stones Project. Return to archive
February 6th, 2006 08:41 PM
mrhipfl what do you guys think about Tim Ries's jazzy versions of the stones tunes? I think they're amazing, especially wild horses and satisfaction. Keith's guitar is Honky Tonk Woman is great too.
February 7th, 2006 11:43 AM
nanatod We definitely would have gone to see Ries and the Project when they played Martyr's(club) in Chicago, especially since I live in the neighborhood, if I hadn't been injured the weekend before. Ries was playing with Darryl Jones, but I have yet to see any reviews of the show, in the Chicago papers or on the web.
February 7th, 2006 08:36 PM
mrhipfl I'm talking about the album, I didn't know he gave a show. That's cool.
February 7th, 2006 08:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl To be honest I don't like the album at all
February 7th, 2006 11:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
To be honest I don't like the album at all

i dont care for it either.

FYI...The Tim Ries Project is being performed at many stops along the stones tour.
February 8th, 2006 01:33 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
To be honest I don't like the album at all

hey voodoo - i've not heard it 'tho i did read a good review of it

not so good you say - could you elaborate - because the idea did take my interest and i was thinking of trying to get a hold of it
February 8th, 2006 02:54 AM
shawnriffhard I saw Tim at the art museum (where Rocky ran up the steps) in Philadelphia and he and his crew were excellent. He didn't have D Jones; instead, he had a raging animal named John Patitucci who was worth the price of admission alone. Forgive my drunkeness, but he also had either Michael Dvis or Kent Smith with him as well. I've seen Byron Berline with Cardinal Fang in Newcastle (Ca), and Waddy W, W/BFowler and Blondie at the Joint in between Hollywood Bowl shows in Nov. (pretty good name dropping, huh?), and I think it rates right with them. The energy of Bernard and Waddy is unbelievable. These guys could be on their own, (and are, every Monday when the Stones aren't on tour) a real rock band and demonstration of how and why rock should and will continue. More extreme rocking is simply not physically or sonically possible, plus they had Rick the bass player with them, who is the guy on Rockin in the Free World , which they did to great effect at the show.

Sorry, this started out as a piece about Ries............ I never heard the album; only seen the 1 live show at the museum. It was a Friday night with people who subscribed on a yearly basis to a Friday night schedule; sort of like the symphony or whatever. No seats; just marble bench seating with a bunch of people drinking champagne. Not the most conducive to pumping jazz, but they did well; really entertaining show, with Stones toons done in a new and unique way with incredible musicianship that you'll be hard pressed to find with Tim's other band (just kidding,........ sorta).
Anyway, definitely worth checking out for $10
Peace.............Shawn
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)