ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Coliseo de San Juan, Purto Rico - February 11, 2006
© Javier J. Freytes, "El Nuevo Día" with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vote for us!!!!!!!!! Return to archive
February 5th, 2006 11:01 PM
jb http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2009
February 5th, 2006 11:05 PM
voodoopug We (true stones fans) must do well in this mainstream poll!!
February 5th, 2006 11:07 PM
voodoopug just checked the results....we are not doing well, non stones fans were not impressed, sales shall not increase for Rarities due to these figures, but Forty Licks, Hot Rocks, Jump Back, and ABB will see a slight rise.
February 5th, 2006 11:11 PM
glencar Holy Moley! 3.5% think it was the best ever. I haven't seen it yet(just got home) but I shudder to think...
February 5th, 2006 11:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Holy Moley! 3.5% think it was the best ever. I haven't seen it yet(just got home) but I shudder to think...

We are hated by the majority of music fans, the performance was much better than the poll suggests. Sadly, we will never be endeared in the manner of Macca/U2
February 5th, 2006 11:13 PM
glencar I have got to see this right now. I'd like to know what people think was the best ever. U2? Macca? A-smith?
February 5th, 2006 11:18 PM
glencar Nice stage. No sighting of Cindy P. however.
February 5th, 2006 11:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 36.2% Average
25.5% Worse than average
17.9% Worst I've heard
16.8% Better than average
3.6% Best I've heard
February 5th, 2006 11:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Humiliated once more

Who gives a fuck anyway
February 5th, 2006 11:42 PM
sirmoonie Steelers!

Pittsburgh Steelers!
February 6th, 2006 12:10 AM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Humiliated once more

Who gives a fuck anyway

LOL
February 6th, 2006 12:20 AM
time is on my side
quote:
36.2% Average
25.5% Worse than average
17.9% Worst I've heard
16.8% Better than average
3.6% Best I've heard

If one adds the average, better than average, or best I've heard, the total comes to roughly 57 percent while 43 percent thought it was worse than average or the worst they've heard. When one considers the type of audience that votes in these type of polls, it's not really too bad of a result for the STONES.
February 6th, 2006 12:40 AM
Taptrick
i voted at work, at home, and on a laptop wifi and the number hasn't moved off 3.5

February 6th, 2006 12:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

If one adds the average, better than average, or best I've heard, the total comes to roughly 57 percent while 43 percent thought it was worse than average or the worst they've heard. When one considers the type of audience that votes in these type of polls, it's not really too bad of a result for the STONES.

the acceptance of such mediocracy is unacceptable for "The WOrlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band"! We must only accept the best (top grossing tour, best new albums, best set lists, best performances, best stage gimmicks, etc)
February 6th, 2006 07:17 AM
MrPleasant Macca's "Back To The Egg" is better than "A Bigger Bang". And it has less "g's".
February 6th, 2006 07:49 AM
corgi37 I now hate "Mr & Mrs Average American".

I love all guys though. How cool for us that we are in the lucky 3.5%.
February 6th, 2006 09:40 AM
Joey
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Macca's "Back To The Egg" is better than "A Bigger Bang". And it has less "g's".

I have got the craps this morning .

J.
February 6th, 2006 09:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have got to see this right now. I'd like to know what people think was the best ever. U2? Macca? A-smith?

'UP WITH PEOPLE' RULED!!!
February 6th, 2006 09:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the acceptance of such mediocracy is unacceptable for "The WOrlds Greatest Rock and Roll Band"! We must only accept the best (top grossing tour, best new albums, best set lists, best performances, best stage gimmicks, etc)

unfortunately, the Stones accepted mediocrity by agreeing to lower themselves to being the half time side-show for a sports event. They should never be anyone's support act.

Considering they compromised themselves so much for a mainstream audience who had no interest in them to begin with, they came out of it OK
February 6th, 2006 10:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Who gives a fuck anyway

February 6th, 2006 10:11 AM
lotsajizz down to 3.4
February 6th, 2006 03:21 PM
gimmekeef Six times as many people rate Stones worst ever versus best ever?...Guess we need to remember only the real die hard sports fans still have any mental energy left for the Bowl game the day after.Enough all ready....I for one hope Atlanta gets "Bowled" over with another fine performance on Wednesday night.As a big Steelers fan the drinks are on me at J&J's....
February 6th, 2006 04:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Humiliated once more

Who gives a fuck anyway

I agree... I wasn't emberassed !!! Stones had more energy than the football players...
February 6th, 2006 04:09 PM
jb Send In The Frogs / Baby Joshy / Baby Joey

Isn't it rich? Are we a pair -
Me here at last on the ground, you in mid air?
Send in the Frogs.
Isn't it bliss? Don't you approve -
One who keeps tearing around, one who can't move?
Where are the frogs? Send in the frogs.
Just when I'd stopped opening doors
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours.
Making my entrance again with my usual flair.
Sure of my lines. No one is there.
Don't you love farce? My fault, I fear.
I thought that you'd want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the frogs? Send in the frogs.
Don't bother, they're here.
Isn't it rich? Isn't it queer -
Losing my timing this late in my career?
Where are the frogs? There ought to be frogs.
Well, maybe next year...... ( fade to Baby Steel Magnolia )

February 6th, 2006 06:08 PM
Sir Stonesalot down to 3.2%
February 6th, 2006 08:27 PM
Soldatti From 47,244 votes:

16,913 Average
12,992 Worse than average
8,645 Worst I've heard
7,229 Better than average
1,465 Best I've heard

February 6th, 2006 08:30 PM
Gazza most people thought it was OK or better

considering the fact that ANY musical act, no matter how popular, isnt going to appeal to anything but a small minority of people, thats not a bad result when you think of it logically

and when you consider how lacking in taste most people are, its actually quite a reasonable thumbs-up. I wouldnt expect most people to share the enthusiasm that we have.
February 6th, 2006 10:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

unfortunately, the Stones accepted mediocrity by agreeing to lower themselves to being the half time side-show for a sports event. They should never be anyone's support act.

Considering they compromised themselves so much for a mainstream audience who had no interest in them to begin with, they came out of it OK

the stones used this as a tool to sell more records/tickets...thats it, nothing more, nothing less
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)