ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Coliseo de San Juan, Purto Rico - February 11, 2006
© Javier J. Freytes, "El Nuevo Día" with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Superbowl performance - your verdict Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 6th, 2006 11:29 AM
Pierre Yahoo news :

"About 2000 volunteers danced on the field, most surrounding the stage but some surrounded by it in what would be the "tongue" portion of the logo"

VOLUNTEERS... Now, I understand the difference between the front row and the steps...

Illusion, manipulation : TV
February 6th, 2006 11:30 AM
Pierre
quote:
jb wrote:
Strong performance with a extremely weak/hostile audience.

VOLUNTEERS
February 6th, 2006 12:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Best Superbowl halftime show ever.

That really ain't saying much, but it's the truth!!

Charlie--The usual. ROCK fucking solid. 'Nuff said.

Ronnie--ABC screwed the pootch during his first solo in SMU and we only heard about half of it. And when it came in it was really a jolt. Not Ronnie's fault, he was playing fine. Did some really nice slide work in RJ. He's still one of the best at playing rock n roll slide. Satisfaction had some VERY ragged moments...cringe worthy moments...but they were quite brief, and no trainwreck ensued. It was ragged in a good way.

Keith--Once he stopped the posing, Keith was a rythmn monster. Especially in SMU. He was just ripping those chords out of his guitar. LOVED it. Did a solid job on RJ. Satisfaction was ragged for Keith too. He did some great stuff and mixed in some really weak stuff. His solo was spotty, going from weak to amazing to average to great to weak...all in the span of less than a minute! Had me on the edge of my seat. Good job.

Mick--The consumate frontman. The 9th wonder of the modern world. No one can spaz dance as good as Mick. He looks like he's taking seizures at times! It's fantastic! I don't care who you are, man, woman, child, or beast....Mick Jagger will get your blood to pumping! I like all of Mick's campy Mickisms. Only someone that COOL could possibly do what Mick does. He does some of the dumbest stuff, and yet he pulls it off and makes you go BWWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! "We coulda done this number at the first Superbowl..." No Mick, no you couldn't have. The world would not have been ready for that. Pfffftttt. They aren't ready for it NOW!

I loved that ABC bleeped the band TWICE. Bad boys bad boys whacha gonna do wacha gonna do when dey come for you....he he he.

The stage was cool as fuck! Where the hell has THAT thing been!?! Can I have it when they are done with it? I think the cloth not coming off right away looked great on TV. Man, I wish they'd use that stage for a show I'm at...I wanna be IN the tongue!! Too fucking cool. Certainly too cool for the situation.

The Superbowl halftime show is as cheesey and lame as it gets. It is a testament to the outright fucking coolness of the Rolling Stones that they turned it into something not only watchable(despite the technical problems that were out of their control), but downright GOOD! It was not great. By definition, nothing to do with a Superbowl halftime show can be great. But it was as good as it could possibly be given the venue and the situation.

I was proud to be a Stones fan. And none of the non-fans that was in the same room as me could say anything bad. And the one guy really DISLIKES the Stones...even HE thought it was a good show. The Stones transcended the cheese....that is MY band!

FUCK yeah!
February 6th, 2006 01:04 PM
Mel Belli Listen to the French broadcast here. Ronnie's there in toto, and sounding good:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Rolling-Stones-%40-Superbowl-2006?v=Cq1R035rRzE&search=rolling%20stones%20superbowl
February 6th, 2006 01:25 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Listen to the French broadcast here. Ronnie's there in toto, and sounding good:
http://www.youtube.com/w/Rolling-Stones-%40-Superbowl-2006?v=Cq1R035rRzE&search=rolling%20stones%20superbowl

Thank ya....

Ronnie's SMU solo was bad (as usual), but good in a Stonesesque manner....
February 6th, 2006 01:44 PM
jb Excellent and better than ABC's mix.
February 6th, 2006 01:59 PM
PartyDoll MEG I talked to one of my co-workers who was at the Super Bowl last night and he said that the Stones rocked the place. Don't know where he was sitting, but he said the crowd was into it and that the Stones sounded great!

Sadly, I am convinced we Stones's fanatics are a dying breed. I've stopped trying to discuss my love of this band with the morons I work with!!
February 6th, 2006 02:08 PM
jb
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I talked to one of my co-workers who was at the Super Bowl last night and he said that the Stones rocked the place. Don't know where he was sitting, but he said the crowd was into it and that the Stones sounded great!

Sadly, I am convinced we Stones's fanatics are a dying breed. I've stopped trying to discuss my love of this band with the morons I work with!!

Very much a dying breed...........and most are U2/Macca fans in disguise.........................I hope the young people eho make fun of them are shipped off to Iraq............
February 6th, 2006 02:20 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
jb wrote:

Very much a dying breed...........and most are U2/Macca fans in disguise.........................I hope the young people eho make fun of them are shipped off to Iraq............

Now, Josh!! That may have been a little harsh, but I know where your anger is coming from
February 6th, 2006 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Now, Josh!! That may have been a little harsh, but I know where your anger is coming from

I shall attend my final show at RCMH and stay at the Mandarin Oriental/Carlye/ or Rhiga Royale.
February 6th, 2006 02:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

dont know about that. Those people have no balls. If they went to Iraq, the coalition is fucked
February 6th, 2006 02:42 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

dont know about that. Those people have no balls. If they went to Iraq, the coalition is fucked

Will we see you at RCMH? I have the code!!!!
February 6th, 2006 02:45 PM
Gazza sadly, no...NYC was my "transatlantic farewell" for Stones shows, I think

Appreciate the offer and the e-mail, however
February 6th, 2006 04:27 PM
Some Guy Stones rocked hard!
February 6th, 2006 04:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Here's a link to some more nice pics...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=5310700&pageNumber=1
February 6th, 2006 04:48 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Here's a link to some more nice pics...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/pgStory?contentId=5310700&pageNumber=1

Excellent Pics .

Thanks
February 6th, 2006 05:26 PM
sirmoonie Steelers 21, Seahawks 10.

Score one for America.
February 6th, 2006 05:53 PM
Kbar3232 They rocked!!! I'm always proud to be a Stones fan! Good job boys!
February 6th, 2006 06:11 PM
Flairville I thought it was great, that was one hell of a stage. The mix on Sky TV wasn't the best and, as Gazza said, we could hear the UK announcers speaking for quite a long time. I had to watch it in my girlfriends bedroom, she was asleep and her parents were too in the next room! Just wanted to jump about as usual but no!
February 6th, 2006 07:11 PM
sway1 The Stones were fabulous. The short time they had to put up the stage, lights and sound, they were awesome. Thanks
February 6th, 2006 10:56 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Best Superbowl halftime show ever.

That really ain't saying much, but it's the truth!!

Charlie--The usual. ROCK fucking solid. 'Nuff said.

Ronnie--ABC screwed the pootch during his first solo in SMU and we only heard about half of it. And when it came in it was really a jolt. Not Ronnie's fault, he was playing fine. Did some really nice slide work in RJ. He's still one of the best at playing rock n roll slide. Satisfaction had some VERY ragged moments...cringe worthy moments...but they were quite brief, and no trainwreck ensued. It was ragged in a good way.

Keith--Once he stopped the posing, Keith was a rythmn monster. Especially in SMU. He was just ripping those chords out of his guitar. LOVED it. Did a solid job on RJ. Satisfaction was ragged for Keith too. He did some great stuff and mixed in some really weak stuff. His solo was spotty, going from weak to amazing to average to great to weak...all in the span of less than a minute! Had me on the edge of my seat. Good job.

Mick--The consumate frontman. The 9th wonder of the modern world. No one can spaz dance as good as Mick. He looks like he's taking seizures at times! It's fantastic! I don't care who you are, man, woman, child, or beast....Mick Jagger will get your blood to pumping! I like all of Mick's campy Mickisms. Only someone that COOL could possibly do what Mick does. He does some of the dumbest stuff, and yet he pulls it off and makes you go BWWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! "We coulda done this number at the first Superbowl..." No Mick, no you couldn't have. The world would not have been ready for that. Pfffftttt. They aren't ready for it NOW!

I loved that ABC bleeped the band TWICE. Bad boys bad boys whacha gonna do wacha gonna do when dey come for you....he he he.

The stage was cool as fuck! Where the hell has THAT thing been!?! Can I have it when they are done with it? I think the cloth not coming off right away looked great on TV. Man, I wish they'd use that stage for a show I'm at...I wanna be IN the tongue!! Too fucking cool. Certainly too cool for the situation.

The Superbowl halftime show is as cheesey and lame as it gets. It is a testament to the outright fucking coolness of the Rolling Stones that they turned it into something not only watchable(despite the technical problems that were out of their control), but downright GOOD! It was not great. By definition, nothing to do with a Superbowl halftime show can be great. But it was as good as it could possibly be given the venue and the situation.

I was proud to be a Stones fan. And none of the non-fans that was in the same room as me could say anything bad. And the one guy really DISLIKES the Stones...even HE thought it was a good show. The Stones transcended the cheese....that is MY band!

FUCK yeah!

I have bitched about the generally poor performance displayed here, although they've done worse for sure, but Stonesalot reminds me to ask myself "compared to what?" The aerosmith / britney debacle. The KISS embarassment? The overly slick Paul McCartney the ever-utterly-nauseating-U2?

Dang it, I'll take a past-their-prime-Mick-nervous-Ronnie-useless-Keith-braindead Stones performance over the other shite ANY TIME!

ROCK ON ROCKS OFF!!!
February 7th, 2006 01:04 AM
exile Just saw it on the net.

fucking wow... what a great show. absolutely fantastic.

going to watch it again.
February 7th, 2006 09:02 AM
RollingstonesUSA They Rocked! To all the naysayers, u have no soul, may u burn in hell forever....
February 7th, 2006 09:19 AM
CrissCrossMind Charlie--Looked happy & rocked.

Ronnie--"ABC screwed the pootch" for Ron & he got a lot of screen time. ABC must have thought he was Keef.

Keith--Did not smile much if at all but I like him better when he is pissed off. Rough & edgy!

Mick--"No one can spaz dance as good." Helped all over 60 year olds remember skipping thru the Park. The energy level of the men in black was top notch.

For a live ten minute TV spot, Two Thumbs UP!!!!!!!!! CCM
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)