ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Coliseo de San Juan, Purto Rico - February 11, 2006
© Javier J. Freytes, "El Nuevo Día" with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Superbowl performance - your verdict Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
February 5th, 2006 08:32 PM
James Burton Well, I thought 'Satisfaction' kicked ass. Mick was great. Awesome stage, and a good performance from Ronnie. Shame the people in the stands were'nt into it.
February 5th, 2006 08:33 PM
Paranoid_Android Sucked Ass...3 out of 10
February 5th, 2006 08:35 PM
James Burton Really? You thought it was that bad??
February 5th, 2006 08:37 PM
Mel Belli What I said in the "Predictions" thread:

Wow, the first few seconds were shaky. The damn cover on the pit didn't blow off! My favorite moment of the set was Keith gesturing to Mick that the prop didn't work...

All in all, competent, but they were on the brink of disaster...

February 5th, 2006 08:38 PM
CraigP FUCKING electrifying! Thanks for the correction Brainbell
[Edited by CraigP]
February 5th, 2006 08:38 PM
jb Strong performance with a extremely weak/hostile audience.
February 5th, 2006 08:39 PM
Extremo boring
February 5th, 2006 08:39 PM
Mel Belli Keith's guitar sounded awesome...
February 5th, 2006 08:40 PM
Soldatti 8 out of 10
February 5th, 2006 08:43 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch You're right- the first few bars the sound was off but quickly recovered. Considering the timing that had to go into this- pumping up and sending off a crowd of that size in 12 minutes (3 songs), the Stones seized the day! The tongue stage worked very well visually for TV as well as fan interaction. Something U2 has incorporated often-maybe the Stones will use it again now that it's on hand (built).
February 5th, 2006 08:44 PM
jb
quote:
Extremo wrote:
boring

Like your 1st post.
[Edited by jb]
February 5th, 2006 08:45 PM
Marianne I give it a freaking 100/10!!!!!! Mick was goregous, the band was enthusiastic, even the reserved Charlie. The audience sucked, but the band rocked on and that's all I care about.
February 5th, 2006 08:49 PM
ShesARainbow I thought it was great! Much better than I dared dream!
February 5th, 2006 08:54 PM
Taptrick

I liked it - anyone notice Ronnie's volume was alsmost all the way down as he entered the first solo. I think he could hear it in the monitor though. he kept playing and it came over the tv about 5 seconds into the solo.

February 5th, 2006 08:58 PM
James Burton Marianne, glad to see someone else enjoyed it. Dear old Charlie and his T shirts!!!
February 5th, 2006 09:00 PM
Kilroy The Planted crowd was great even when it looked like the tongue sheet would not come off. The other crowd sucked, as they do always during the 1/2 time show. The Band #s were predictable, they should have played their soul set #s, Ain't to proud to beg, Just my Imagination, and Brown Sugar. I loved it here at home. The Super Bowl and The Stones. Two of my greatest things. The chilli was great and the bathroom here has no Line. The beer is always cold and not over priced. All in all I watched the whole show and I'd give them a 10 for being The Stones and even showing up at the XL game. It would have been real neat had they played satifaction at the first Superbowl with the Jet Packs and Highscool bands in the background..
February 5th, 2006 09:23 PM
luxury1 I dont know. I am proud to be a fan of that band. I thought they rose to the challenge, and all of them pulled it off. THe Keith and Mick wink and slap on the back was all I needed to see, when they were back by Charlie's drum riser at the end of Satisfaction. I think the beginning only sounded shakey because the soundmen were still tweaking things. Charlies drums rocked in my family room! I thought it funny that suddenly ROnnie's guitar was turned down at the beginning of his solo in Start Me Up--I think that was intentional. And I got a bit nervous when Mick came back in during Satisfaction when Keith was solo-ing. I was fearing "train wreck" --it sounded a bit off for a bit. But then they all melded it back together.

The final bow on that stage for all the world to see--take THAT all you non-fans.......... Maybe the rest of the world will get it now. Good show, boys.
February 5th, 2006 09:28 PM
jb
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I dont know. I am proud to be a fan of that band. I thought they rose to the challenge, and all of them pulled it off. THe Keith and Mick wink and slap on the back was all I needed to see, when they were back by Charlie's drum riser at the end of Satisfaction. I think the beginning only sounded shakey because the soundmen were still tweaking things. Charlies drums rocked in my family room! I thought it funny that suddenly ROnnie's guitar was turned down at the beginning of his solo in Start Me Up--I think that was intentional. And I got a bit nervous when Mick came back in during Satisfaction when Keith was solo-ing. I was fearing "train wreck" --it sounded a bit off for a bit. But then they all melded it back together.

The final bow on that stage for all the world to see--take THAT all you non-fans.......... Maybe the rest of the world will get it now. Good show, boys.

What don't you know?
February 5th, 2006 09:36 PM
Gazza I thought they were a bit raw, but pretty good - Jagger was superb. The sound and mix left a lot to be desired though. First few seconds, Mick was inaudible and as it went on, I thought Keith was turned up way too loud. Keith & Ronnie obviously were more conscious of the fact that it wasnt their regular audience and concentrated on playing rather than mugging, and left the performing part of it to the master.

I actually thought it was deliberate that the sheet with the tongue on it only came off halfway through "Start Me Up", but I suppose I was wrong! I was thinking at the time it would have been a bit shitty to be in that pit and not be able to SEE them. The stage layout was pretty nice (reminded me of U2's elipse, actually - sorry..lol)

I feared the 'cheerleader' thing would detract from the whole thing, but it didnt. The crowd on the pitch were going nuts. Couldnt really tell how the crowd in the stands were reacting.

Thumbs down though to the show's producers. As expected they did their absurd censorship on "Start Me Up" and "Rough Justice". Does anyone really believe anyone would seriously have noticed had they left those two words in (and "cocks" is only a double entendre anyway. Ridiculous)

not their greatest performance ever, but they didnt let themselves down

PS : On the SKy broadcast in the UK, for about 30 seconds towards the end of "Start Me Up", you could hear the guys in the studio talking. Some prick left the mic on. Idiots.
[Edited by Gazza]
February 5th, 2006 09:37 PM
SweetVirginia
I thought they rocked. Thank
goodness they had a planted
crowd on the field....what a
bunch of cadavers in the stands!
All in all, I was proud to be
a Stones fan tonight.

February 5th, 2006 09:40 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I dont know. I am proud to be a fan of that band. I thought they rose to the challenge, and all of them pulled it off. THe Keith and Mick wink and slap on the back was all I needed to see, when they were back by Charlie's drum riser at the end of Satisfaction. I think the beginning only sounded shakey because the soundmen were still tweaking things. Charlies drums rocked in my family room! I thought it funny that suddenly ROnnie's guitar was turned down at the beginning of his solo in Start Me Up--I think that was intentional. And I got a bit nervous when Mick came back in during Satisfaction when Keith was solo-ing. I was fearing "train wreck" --it sounded a bit off for a bit. But then they all melded it back together.

Yes, proud as we all should be. They did a great job, absofuckinglutely no question. As for the set list, it's the fucking Stones, so we needed all Stones music especially since there was under 13 minutes allotted. Rough Justice made total sense since it's new and it rocks. For those paying attention, they didn't come off as some loser nostalgia act.

Rick
February 5th, 2006 09:49 PM
Brainbell Jangler An outstanding performance and total redemption of the Salt Lake incident. When Josh and I agree and are joined by the inestimable Maxmeister, you can take it to the bank. Again, how about that Ford spot with someone doing "Down Home Girl"? An ad aimed at the Stones audience, to be sure.
February 5th, 2006 09:52 PM
PartyDoll MEG I was proud to be a Stones fanatic at a party with my Steeler/Jamboree in the Hills friends!!
A few rough spots, but overall a great performance. Loved the stage and loved the "real fans" on the field!! (Never mind about the constant camera play on the cute little cheerleader types right up front!!)

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
February 5th, 2006 10:04 PM
kath they were great! it would have been nice if the sound had been on for ronni'e solo, but they fixed it..charlie was pounding his drums!!!

they were intensely great!
February 5th, 2006 10:08 PM
throbby They looked fucking great!
February 5th, 2006 10:12 PM
Nellcote Again, and still The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band!
February 5th, 2006 10:13 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Again, and still The World's Greatest Rock & Roll Band!

You shall be greeted!!!! The Refs stole this game from the Seahawks!!! The Stones were the only thing interesting in this otherwise dull game.
February 5th, 2006 10:13 PM
MidnightRambler Made us proud!
February 5th, 2006 10:16 PM
CraigP I think they delivered! Way better than I expected. I'm so glad that they didn't have any 'guests' or do any soul covers. Instead of any of that crap they ROCKED.
The only thing I'm unhappy with was my Panasonic VCR's performance in recording it. It hacked it.
I'm hoping there will be a DVD or something. I'm pleased with the Stones.
[Edited by CraigP]
February 5th, 2006 10:28 PM
Gimme Shelter AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)