ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Compete LA-tapes 1975 Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-05-04 12:03 PM
FPM C10
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
FPM - if you would like me to scan some shots from the Leibowitz (sp) book to use, say the word...

There are a good many 75 pics available on the web, but the more the merrier...so that would be pretty good. Thanks for the offer! I'll have to create a new mailbox to receive them - mine's almost full.

Just wondering - why is the NY show included in this tree? Given that the rest of the shows listed, it seems like that it would make the most sense to just tree the LA shows this time...?

Is there a boot of the 6/30/75 Philly show? That was when I lost my Stones virginity and I'd love to have a memento.
02-05-04 12:08 PM
marko Sure there is a boot from both philly shows.........quality
is really bad.I´ve listened them about twice,LONG time ago.
I wanted to include that one New York because,of the quality
and theres cherry oh baby.It is indeed a killer show,,,,well
these all are.
02-05-04 12:17 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" FPM - if you would like me to scan some shots from the Leibowitz (sp) book to use, say the word... "

mac_daddy ..................................

Do you have any screens ?

Developing ......................

Jacky !

what do you mean by "screens"..?

I have the big tourbook which features her photographs...
02-05-04 12:38 PM
Martha I want IN!!!!!!!! Marko..you are crazy! Thank goodness for that! :-)
02-05-04 01:38 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

The 1981/ 82 Rolling Stones Tour is very very special to me . Whenever I hear anything off of that tour I get " the party has just started " feeling .................Indeed , I see barkers and colored balloons falling down all around me .................and you ?!?!?!

I was digging deeply through the piles of old posts I keep around my office and couldn't find my original that you took that from..

HOWEVER!

I DID find this gem from the "QUEENS 2000" Era.

Enjoy!

(Harp music and the screen goes wavy.....)

Posted by Maxlugar on June 23, 2000 at 20:35:25:

It's Friday Night....

.....and Maxy's head is swimming.

I worked late. Workin' for the MAN.

Maxy was way too uppity to go right home afterwards though.

So what did I do?

I stopped by Names and Faces Lounge on 54th st. Oh yeah THAT Names and Faces. The one with the big painting of the Rolling
Stones on the wall. It's the inside pciture of the B2B shot. Only this artist was Stones savy enough to add Bill's face on it. I sat there
and had three Heineken's. Then I went back to Queens and stopped by McGann's Bar and Grill.

Why?

Because they have Exile on Main Friggin' Street on the Juke box. That's why.

Maxy fed ten dollars into the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus and listened to the whole friggin' thing + High Tides and Green Grass.

Oh yeah, I did. I sat down at a table in the back and watched the scene. Preceding Exile was a whole lot of Kid Rock and assorted
other asshole bands. The youngin's were loving that crap. But when Exile came on there was a look of confusion amoung the crowd.
But as time went on I saw many a foot a tappin'. I even heard an older barmaid singing Torn and Frayed and when Sweet Black
Angel came on I heard her say "Yes!"

Maxlugar: Converting the unwashed masses one bar at a time.

So as I sit here drinking a Vodka and Snapple I think about the recent week of Stones posting. Moonlightmile joining the Gas Gas
Gas Kinkily Coat Mafia. Others have realized they have always been members. I think of Joey and his misguided love for the Who. I
think of Sugar Blue's amazing Howard Carter-like find of that great Who article that says all that I've been thinking privately about
them.

I think of the BCI and the MBCI and laugh.

For it is laughter that keeps Maxy coming back to this board. God I love you all. We have gone over all the Stones topics numerous
times but it is the unbelievable humor that keeps me coming back. Don't ever straighten up, it wouldn't suit you.

Handsome Girls is on for the umpteenth Friday night at the Lugar houshold. The BCI is teetering into MBCI.

Hal Ashby did not do us proud with his film but I still love it. It could have been better, yes. But I still love the film. Mick was great on
that tour with his barking and Charlie was kickin' it big time.

Did anyone see the VH1 show the other night with the Greast Badasses of all time? Keith was tied with Keith Moon and John
Bonham for second place. But they didn't show Keith bashing the dude over the head at Hampton '81! That was his crowning
acheivment as far as I'm concerned. And what did.....Oh shit I can't remember his name...the guy with the big thick neck...shit!... He
does that tune Liar.....Fuck...anyway, what did that guy say about Keith being a fake badass because he got his herion via fedex.
What the fuck. Here VH1 is proclaiming Keith Richards badass #2 and they have a guy on telling everyone he is not a bad ass.
FUCKING ROLLING STONES BIAS AGAIN!!!! Maybe its the high BCI in me but I'd love to kill him. Right after another Vodka
and Snapple.

By the way, I am drunk and not proof reading this posts so blow me.

Well my message board bothers and siters, I am off.

Off to watch Seattle '81. Oh yeah the concert from '81 where Mick diggs down deep and gives us the scratchy from the gut vocal that
you haven't heard since '72.

Have a great Friday night.

May your ears cum with "The Drive" tonight.

In case you haven't paid attension the drive is a formula that goes like this: Charlie Watts + Bill Wyman x Keith Richards = The
DRIVE.

Slappily Yours,

Maxy
02-05-04 01:47 PM
steel driving hammer Maxy is this really you?

http://www.steincollectors.org/showtell/maxlugar.htm

02-05-04 02:13 PM
Maxlugar Damn skippy it is!

My beer swilling, Stein collecting buddies over at SCI love my steins.

Some collection huh?

It's only half of them. The good ones!

02-05-04 02:31 PM
Joey

What's a Stein ?
Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH