ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Compete LA-tapes 1975 Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-04-04 05:12 AM
marko I NEED help on this,,,,,i MUST the know the exact dates
for this boot,i know its from 2 LA shows,10th and 12th of july,but which song is from which date!I got this boot now,
on cdr,and i´m planing to TREE 75 tour using this source.
So ANYONE?
I have both shows completely on CDR,but,i can´t find out
whats from where,sympathy for the devil,is different on cdr´s,which i have,and on the LA-tapes,it sounds different,
thats so,maybe,beacuse the sound is SO much better.
Same version of sympathy was also released on BOOT named,
Welcome back to New York 1975(EX sound quality).I still think that its july 12th,but HELP i need now.
02-04-04 05:34 AM
mac_daddy a 1975 TOTA tree sounds exciting - and while a comprehensive, complete job of the tour is quite an undertaking, it is definitely the way to go...

I am missing the 10th and the 12th. I have a few sources for Sunday and one for Friday - which is good, though a bit distorted. Who Went to Church is my favorite 7/13 source...

I am happy to help any way I can Stateside, and have some DVDs, and a ton of music, to trade ya if you are interested...
02-04-04 09:21 AM
marko Do u know the dates for Compete La Tapes boot?
This is the way,my plan to tree 1975 tour.
6.27.75 New York,complete show
7.9.75 LA
+10th&12th of july LA

so this will be 7cd´s of tour of the Americas Tree,+extra
songs,dance little sister,sure the one you need and rocks
off.

I have LA-75 on video,,,,been too lazy to burn it on dvd.

all 7disks are EX quality.

You wanna desing the cover art,what about a name?
02-04-04 10:43 AM
mac_daddy cant help you with the source info, marko, but I can offer 7/11 and 7/13 to the tree, so that the entire LA run is covered...

thanks - I don't have the shows you are offerring up - this is exciting!
02-04-04 11:08 AM
marko So this is how it looks like From New York to Los Angeles

New York,madison square garden 27th june 1975 3cd´s
Los Angeles,Inglewood forum July 9th 2cd´s
Los Angeles,--------:-------,july 11th 2cd´s
Los Angeles,--------:-------,july 13th 2cd´s
Los Angeles,--------:-------,july 10&12th 2cd´s

All cd´s in EX quality.

You wanna do the cover art,or should we ask someone from
this board?
02-04-04 11:16 AM
mac_daddy are the 10th and 12th shows complete..?

anyway - I have the Who Went to Church art (7/13) and I think there is art somewhere for 7/11...

I have no idea about the others. Coverart is not my forte - but maybe a cat like sirstonesalot could whip something up..? Did Gazza do the European Licks covers..?
02-04-04 11:24 AM
marko July 10th&12th are NOT complete,2cd is a compilation of
both shows.The complete versions are awful quality to tree
them.

Also madafaka does some nice artwork.There covers from
11th and 13th,but i want completely new cover art for this
tree.

I think gazza&sir stonesalot are busy on the Licks tree.

I´ll ask this now.
02-04-04 11:29 AM
mac_daddy gotcha!!!
02-04-04 12:03 PM
rocker rocker sez,

I cant wait for this. Im ready to sign up. when do we start?
02-04-04 12:49 PM
jpenn11 Guys, please forgive my density, but:

Is there something called the Complete LA Tapes? I had heard of only the Complete LA Friday Tapes, which is on four discs.

The artwork, showing the sources, is at www.ilovemickjagger.com: http://ilovemickjagger.net/arlesimages/imagepages/image627.htm

There is a separate Tour of the Americas CD that is only two discs and I think has both dates.

As far as I know, the July 12th show was only on LA Saturday in not very good quality. Do you have a good quality July 12h show?

Yes, there was a Welcome Back to New York (single disc) that had the July 10th SFTD tacked on it:

http://www.printmark.se/stones/bootleg/p/welcome_back_to_new_york.htm

I don't have this stuff, so I would like to participate in your tree.

Hope this helps.
02-04-04 02:04 PM
marko The Complete LA tapes is from both dates,10th&12th.
Both are available as an complete show,but the source is
another one,quality is not good enough for tree.
I´ve been thing to start this end of this month.Not before.

As i mentioned
New York;Complete show EX quality
La 9th july:Complete show EX quality
La 11th july:Complete show EX quality
La 13th july:complete show EX quality
LA 10th&12th:Mix of both dates,mostly 12th. Ex-

as you know,it is a killer set.
02-04-04 03:45 PM
Maxlugar 1975:

Best Stones tour.

Worst quality bootlegs.

Go figure........

MACKY!
02-04-04 03:48 PM
Joey " 1975:

Best Stones tour.

Worst quality bootlegs.

Go figure........

MACKY! "

Jack Sea Scroll !

02-04-04 05:40 PM
mac_daddy sounds great...

if we want to do it in two parts, I can get my two shows out the door sooner than March. If you want to wait, we can do that, too...

as a completist, I would love to trade for the completes of the 10th and 12th, even if they sound sh*tty...

I understand if you don't want to include them in the tree, however...

02-04-04 06:11 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
1975:

Best Stones tour.

Worst quality bootlegs.

Go figure........

MACKY!

hey max.. i've always thought "who went to church" as VG if not excellent quality sound wise as for the music itself i just love it

SIAKY
02-04-04 06:42 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

hey max.. i've always thought "who went to church" as VG if not excellent quality sound wise as for the music itself i just love it

SIAKY

I'm with you, SiA - it is one of my favorites, too! It certainly is one of the least stepped on, that's for sure. Compare it to the Complete LA Friday (rattlesnake or dandelion, dont remember atm, but the new 4 disc box set with a blue cover), and Who went 2 church has a helluvalot less artifacts, it is more dynamic, and the high end doesnt bleed...

it is the same reason that the Budokan source treed here smokes, as with the Ace of Clubs. The processing that was done was performed with a philosophy of less is more, and the sound shines as a result. I just wish I knew more about the mics, pres, A/Ds, etc. that were used...

There is a guy who lived out here by the name of Mike Millard, and he made some of the best AUD tapes you will ever hear. He used a wheelchair to get his gear in, and he ran tape at every big act (Stones, Yes, Led Zeppelin) that came to play at the Fabulous Forum or at the Long Beach Sports Arena(Santa Monica Civic, too). Anyway, he taped the LA Stones run in 1975, and I have seen that there is a new boot entitled "Millards Masters" or some such, and I wonder how it sounds, or what it exactly contains. He hated bootlegs, and was pissed when some of the finest Zep ones came out that used his recordings. I don't know if all of his tapes circulate, but those would be something else to hear...

There are a few guys in New York that taped alot of this stuff on that coast, too. I am not as familiar with them, but they did alot of taping of Jerry and the (real) Dead at the time, as well - and that stuff I have heard (and own), and it is stellar (esp. for the period)...

to make a long story short - there are very good sounding AUD tapes out there. It is just a pity that alot of them dont circulate...

So always be on the lookout

I am VERY much looking forward to hearing the sources that Marko lists
02-04-04 11:32 PM
jpenn11 Marko, you asked for names.

Don't have a really good title, but here are some thoughts:

I'm in Church Now -- this is screamed by someone in the audience in LA Friday I think when Jagger says he doesn't believe that anyone went to church that morning

You're the Best Lot So Far --which Jagger seems to say to each audience

We'll Do It If You Want -- in the NY show, Jagger does his intro to Cherry Oh Baby with this passive offer

Bus Stop LA to Broadway -- ~UAWCPM

*Babies in New York, Honeys in Hollywood* -- SS

When the Whip Comes Down lyrics seem a little too out of time for this tour, TOTA on the Coasts or TOTA Coasting don't really seem to work because the name of the tour is too generic

. . . and Licked All Over are already taken
02-04-04 11:41 PM
sammy davis jr. I'd be wayyyy into a copy of this.....I can be a leaf, or a branch, or a tree-or whatever the hell it's called.
02-04-04 11:43 PM
Madafaka Interesting work Marko.
According to the date, maybe have something of time to do the artwok. I am very busy with Licked All Over tree.
Best,

Max.-
02-05-04 07:00 AM
marko I think Fleabit in his great paltry honour,will do the cover
art.But if you can help,with the treeing this,later on,that
is surely fine by me!
02-05-04 08:18 AM
Maxlugar I wish to be involved too.

"Church" is indeed one of my favorite boots.

I am hoping this stuff is equal or better than that quality.

MAC_Daddy, you have gotten me very excited with what you said.

MACKY!
02-05-04 08:23 AM
marko All the stuff on this tree is equal in quality.Or even better.
02-05-04 09:55 AM
Maxlugar Bless you Marko.

The 1975 tour, most knowledgeable Stones fans readily will tell you, was the greatest tour of their distinguished careers. Thus, it was the greatest tour of any band during any year in any part of the universe.

Marko, I applaud your efforts in bringing this music to the dirty hoards of unknowing and unfortunate fans.

And I will help you...

Your friend,

Maxy!

02-05-04 10:45 AM
marko You are speaking words of maximus wisdom.i think 81-82 comes
next,or even is equal.
02-05-04 11:05 AM
Madafaka Yes Marko! I could be the South American brach in your tree, don't worry.
That one looks excellent!
By the way, 81/82 tour is my favourite! Boys were sounding raw!

Best,

Max.-
02-05-04 11:23 AM
Joey " By the way, 81/82 tour is my favourite! Boys were sounding raw! "

Great call My Son !!!!!!!

The 1981/ 82 Rolling Stones Tour is very very special to me . Whenever I hear anything off of that tour I get " the party has just started " feeling .................Indeed , I see barkers and colored balloons falling down all around me .................and you ?!?!?!

Developing .............................

Jercee Joe !!!!!

[ Academy Award Nominated Editing by Kid Joey ( K.J. )]

Joey .............Established 1999 and providing quality posting like this on a daily basis .
[Edited by Joey]
02-05-04 11:48 AM
mac_daddy I just dug up a 1975 show from San Francisco. Might as well add that one, too...

I will post the set lists and source info here when I dig it up...

I also would like to add a few more 1975 shows that I have (Toronto and Buffalo and one other that I am forgetting)...

Eventually, I would like to get them all

FPM - if you would like me to scan some shots from the Leibowitz (sp) book to use, say the word...

02-05-04 12:00 PM
marko Well if you want to add some shows,these would be great
choices.
Boston 6.11.75,including luxury
Toronto 6.17.75,killer show
Frisco 7.16.75
Buffalo,,,,you mean the final show? 8.8.75?

its up to you.whatever suits me.
02-05-04 12:01 PM
Madafaka LOL! You always make me laugh Joey. You have a great sense of humor. Congrats!
[Edited by Madafaka]
02-05-04 12:02 PM
Joey " FPM - if you would like me to scan some shots from the Leibowitz (sp) book to use, say the word... "

mac_daddy ..................................

Do you have any screens ?

Developing ......................

Jacky !

Page: 1 2

BEST VIEWED HIGH