ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Documentarian of film Gimme Shelter , dies Return to archive
02-03-04 12:39 PM
littleredrooster Charlotte Zwerin, the documentarian who spawned the film 'Gimme Shelter' is dead at age 72.
She is responsible for the concept of the film in which each band member was shot viewing the video captured during the 1969 Tour of North America.
She worked with the Maysleses to bring this acclaimed film to the silver screen.
The World will mourn the loss of your talent!

RIP
02-03-04 12:58 PM
Martha Thank you for posting this sad news Roostah. May she now rest in peace.

Thank God for all the wonderful, talented, courageous artists and for their creative ideas that have come to fruition...which serve to delight us all. What would the world be like without art? I shudder to think of it.

Peace to us all,
Martha

I was born in a cross-fire hurricane...

02-03-04 04:17 PM
Rolling Hansie That is sad news rooster. But thanks for posting it. I am sure we all need to know.
02-03-04 05:33 PM
Joey

A very sad day indeed .

Mortification does NOT do justice to how I feel on this cold winter's day .

Joe Rock !
02-03-04 09:10 PM
glencar I posted this at a different site. Not much response except for a young man named Joshy...
02-03-04 09:11 PM
corgi37 Ahh, death catches up with us all. In related news, the Mayles also made a doco on the Beatles (grrrrr) 1st U.S. tour. Old Albert was on the news this morning (here in Oz, but it was a U.S. snippet). He is releasing previously unseen footage as its 40 years now since their 1st tour. I presume its going to be a full doco. They showed some footage of the farting foursome performing live. Mayles said footage of them performing was dubbed at the time. Due to the fact the audience was screaming and squelching as only young girls can do. He has revealed the original footage with original sound, and you can virtually not hear a note played. Goes for the STones to i guess, as on another thread on this board (or was it Uncut mag?) where Brian used to play Popeye the sailor man as no one could hear him anyway.

BEST VIEWED HIGH