ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SIDEMAN SALARIES Return to archive
02-02-04 10:08 PM
BILL PERKS ANY OF YOU SCHOLARS OUT THERE KNOW WHAT THE SIDEMEN ARE PAID FOR TOURS..I HEARD THEY ARE BOOKED FOR A YEAR AT A TIME THEN PAID EXTRA FOR OVERAGES...CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.
MY GUESS AT SALARIES IN ORDER OF SENIORITY:
BOBBY KEYS-$200,000
CHUCK LEAVELL-$350,000
BERNARD FOWLER-$175,000
LISA FISCHER-$175,000
DARRYL JONES-$750,000
RIES,SMITH,DAVIS-$150,000
BLONDIE CHAPLIN-$100,000

DONT FORGET ALL THE PERKS THEY GET..NOT HAVING TO PAY FOR A THING THE WHOLE TIME..ALSO,DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THESE GUYS ARE PAID RETAINER FEES?
02-02-04 11:22 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy They are *not* paying Darryl 3/4 of a million a year, I can tell you that.

-tSYX --- Well you're pretty good lookin', for a girl...
02-02-04 11:38 PM
sammy davis jr. 3/4 million a year sounds about right to me....considering what the others make, that's not much. I'll bet Chuck's pulling at least 500,000.00
02-03-04 12:20 AM
M.O.W.A.T. I would imagine that Bobby Keys makes more than Chuck Leavell. Bobby's sax playing helped define the Stones classic sound in the early 70's. Chuck is an OK keyboard player but he's no Ian Stewart or Nicky Hopkins.
02-03-04 01:08 AM
kahoosier Well MOWAT, while I cannot argue about Bobby having been around longer, and while he may have had more to do with forming the sound of the Stones in the classic era, I would guess that Chuck makes more. He is much more involved with the running of the band now from rehearsals to stage bow no matter how we all feel about it. He is also present for every number where as Bobby comes and goes. I suspect that Chuck may be the highest paid sideman the Stones have ever had, barring Ronnie who was for years technically just a hired hand.
[Edited by kahoosier]
02-03-04 05:22 AM
UGot2Rollme very interesting thread, but I kind of doubt we'll ever know (unless Chuck writes some sort of filthy "tell all" book so that he can buy more hunting land)
02-03-04 05:46 AM
Mathijs Bobby Keys received $5000 per show in 1997, and all hotel, food and travel bills were paid as well. This sum was disclosed as he missed some shows and went to court to get the money back for every show he missed.

Mathijs

BEST VIEWED HIGH