ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: wheres the DVDs??? Return to archive
02-02-04 04:33 PM
Saint Sway any chance of them ever releasing the Voodoo Lounge Miami show on DVD? I have a VHS copy and am wondering why they havent put this out on DVD?
Or preferably the Giants Stadium show that they sold on VHS thru the old fan club!!

same with Lets Spend The Nite Together

the Stripped special? Hamptons?

I want my Stones DVDs!!!!!!!
02-02-04 04:34 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any chance of them ever releasing the Voodoo Lounge Miami show on DVD? I have a VHS copy and am wondering why they havent put this out on DVD?
Or preferably the Giants Stadium show that they sold on VHS thru the old fan club!!

same with Lets Spend The Nite Together

the Stripped special? Hamptons?

I want my Stones DVDs!!!!!!!

That show is available on DVD.
02-02-04 04:40 PM
stewed & Keefed Where ?
02-02-04 04:41 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Where ?

Not in stores anymore. Try Ebay.
02-02-04 04:42 PM
Saint Sway yeah where?

the only Stones Dvds I've come across in stores are the Bridges To Bablyon, Sympathy For The Devil, Gimme Shelter, Live At The Max and the 40 Licks
02-02-04 04:44 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I checked Ebay last weekend and found several Voodoo Lounge DVD's. Real expensive tho.
02-02-04 04:44 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
yeah where?

the only Stones Dvds I've come across in stores are the Bridges To Bablyon, Sympathy For The Devil, Gimme Shelter, Live At The Max and the 40 Licks

Not in stores, see previous post.
02-02-04 11:34 PM
jpenn11 I read recently that the Let's Spend the Night Together DVD is available officially through South American dealers. Can anyone recommend one?
02-03-04 10:03 AM
mac_daddy officially, you can buy the bootleg DVD from South American dealers, maybe...

be patient jpenn- you've already signed up for the vines, and Lets Spend the Night Together is one of the ones that is coming down the pipe...
02-03-04 02:08 PM
LuckyWithTheLadies http://www.dvdbrazil.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=91

I bought Let's Spend the Night Together on DVD from the above Brazil outfit. The quality of the picture is equal to VHS but not any better. The cover art is from the 90s era Stone's, not the 80s. The chapter index is not correct. Let It Bleed is not given it's own chapter but included in the Miss You chapter. The on screen menus are in Portegese but easly understood by any self respecting beer swilling Stone's fan. It cost like 110 Brazilian dollars which is about 20-30 US dollars including shipping, if I remember right. My order was processed and delivered immediately. But I see they are listing it on their website as unavailable now. Oh well, I tried to help.

In my opinion the Bridges to Babylon DVD should be avoided at all cost. It is an abomination to DVD technology and an abomination to the Stones as a rock and roll band. Why a band that is complete rock and roll royalty delivers bilge like this onto their fans is an abomination.

It would be nice if they followed Led Zepplin's example and give Ladies and Gentleman and Cock Sucker Blues the full DVD treatment. A multi disc package including both movies, a documentary, and pertinent interviews from those involved then and now.

But in my opinoin Bridges to Babylon, the Voodoo Lounge stuff, and especially Let's Spend the Night Together should be thankfully left in the vaults for quit a few more years. Enough time hasn't passed to make it cool again. Mick running around stage in yellow tights, although cool as all heck in 81, looks silly now a days. I say that even though Let's Spend the Night Together is my favorite concert film of all time by the Stones or any other band. But it could be made available to hardcore fans via their fanclub/website.

If only they'd put me in charge of touring and DVDs.
02-03-04 02:30 PM
jpenn11 OK--I'll be patient for the tree. Thanks for all the info!

02-03-04 11:03 PM
voodoopug i bought lstnt on ebay, it was the porteguese version....not a bad watch...would be nice to have it in digital 5.1 sound though

BEST VIEWED HIGH