ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlotte Zwerin R.I.P. Return to archive
02-02-04 05:59 AM
JumpingKentFlash Found this on www.stonesnews.com:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artistic director of Sarasota theater to retire in 2006
By Wire services
Published February 1, 2004

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte Zwerin, renowned documentarian, dies at 72
Charlotte Zwerin, who was in the vanguard of American documentary filmmaking for four decades as an editor and director and who collaborated with David and Albert Maysles on the landmark Gimme Shelter (1970) about a Rolling Stones concert tour, has died. She was 72.

Ms. Zwerin, whose documentaries frequently focused on visual artists and jazz legends, died of lung cancer Jan. 22 at her home in New York City.

[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
02-02-04 12:40 PM
mac_daddy I meant to post this Saturday when I saw it in the paper...

there was a very nice obituary in Saturday's LA Times. I am pretty sure all that stuff is online,so if I have a chance, I will try to dig it up...

if you own a DVD player, you really should go out and buy the Criterion Gimme Shelter - it is awesome!!!

R.I.P. CZ
02-03-04 05:05 AM
JumpingKentFlash Yeah, I'm getting it in a week or so.

BEST VIEWED HIGH