ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RO Ladies Phone Home!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
01-27-04 02:47 PM
glencar Probably just another terrorist-in-training who couldn't figure out 20th century technology.
01-27-04 03:33 PM
Joey " Probably just another terrorist-in-training who couldn't figure out 20th century technology. "

****** BLANK STARE ********

01-27-04 04:36 PM
glencar Read the guy's name, jimbo.
01-27-04 04:37 PM
Joey " Read the guy's name, jimbo. "

You make Joey say , Huh ?!?!

01-27-04 04:38 PM
glencar Joey, I can't read between the lines for you. Baby steps...
01-27-04 04:40 PM
Joey Joey, I can't read between the lines for you. Baby steps...

Blue .....................................

A heartfelt Congratulations on 4000 Posts !

Damn you are good and will soon reach the upper echelon here at R.O.

J . the Y !
01-27-04 04:42 PM
glencar Soon I shall pass our transitioned ex-friend...
01-27-04 04:44 PM
Joey " Soon I shall pass our transitioned ex-friend... "

He just threw me a bone by the way !

He has not completely transitioned .

01-27-04 04:51 PM
icydanger another one bites the dust

a name, a label

cheers

01-27-04 04:51 PM
glencar Threw you a bone? Where & were condoms used?
01-27-04 04:57 PM
Martha Hey, I'm still alive...but just barely. Was ill, my back went out and on top of that I had a severe cold all during the month of December. I had to use crutches my back was so bad. Pain City is what I call that shit.

Missed Xmas entirely and am just now beginning to venture out. Although I did make the Bowie show (he looked right at me several times..yoohoo!) Januaury 7th, thank goodness!!!!

I haven't been able to drive my car since sometime in November...argh. However, I am ok. Just not been here as much due to illness mainly, but I do peek in pretty often...checking on Joey of course! LOL

Thanks for the thread LJ. It is good to say hello and to be missed by all the great Women at RO! I won't stray away too far....promise!

love, kisses and hugs to all,
Martha

P.S. MarthaMyDear twin sister, my trip to LA is on hold until later in the spring. I'll let you know once it is back on the burner.

01-27-04 04:58 PM
glencar Are you wheelcahir bound? Good luck in your recovery.
01-27-04 05:00 PM
Joey " I haven't been able to drive my car since sometime in November...argh. However, I am ok. Just not been here as much due to illness mainly, but I do peek in pretty often...checking on Joey of course! LOL "

Martha , is that really you ?!?!?!

Come To Joey ................................
01-27-04 05:01 PM
glencar You'll have to come to her, apparently.
01-27-04 05:06 PM
LadyJane Nice to hear from you Martha!! Hope you feel better very soon!!

This thread was such a good idea.

I do believe all of the ladies are now accounted for. Oh and joey and glencar and nanky as well. LOL

LJ.
01-27-04 05:18 PM
Martha You gotta come to me is right! LOL

If you've ever had your pelvic bone go out on you..believe me, it is a pain you will never forget. I could not bend my head down like you do when you eat soup for example, without having severe pain. Hey,
Joey, didn't that happen to you during your capitivity in Nam?

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I am not in pain now (yes there is a rock and roll goddess) although I was for over a month. That pain is separate from the pevic bone pain and it woke me up everynight it was so intense. My left leg and hip were inflammmed from the cold settling in my hip and my leg referred pain into my calf that just wouldn't let up. Yeah, it was no fun at all.

No glencar, I did not need a wheelchair, thank goodness, but I had to have a crutch by the bed and the other by the commode in order to help me get up and down if I got into trouble. When my back goes out the spasms that happen when I try to sit and then get up and down can knock me to the floor they are so intense. Now after a month or more of physical therapy I am doing it all on my own! Feel like a spring chickenetta. bock bock bock...

So......Bring on the Dylan tour.

By the way, did whoever was to have surgery in the Stones camp have it and if so, are they ok? I missed out on that if it was ever posted.
01-27-04 05:21 PM
glencar "No glencar, I did not need a wheelchair, thank goodness, but I had to have a crutch by the bed and the other by the commode in order to help me get up and down if I got into trouble."

Avoid Taco Bell at all costs!
01-27-04 05:21 PM
glencar "The Bitterest Pill" by the Jam anyone? I love this song.
01-27-04 05:25 PM
Joey " Avoid Taco Bell at all costs! "

And have Lambchop's pager number handy at all times .

Lamby Handy Ronnie !
01-27-04 05:26 PM
Martha [
Avoid Taco Bell at all costs!
[/quote]

LOL I never eat there..I am a vegetarian. Fast food sucks!
01-27-04 05:38 PM
glencar Vegetarian, huh? Too limiting.
01-27-04 05:45 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Vegetarian, huh? Too limiting.

Not in this day and age my skeptical vegetarian shunning friend....besides I am an excellent cook. Believe me, I can take you to limits you've never gone to say with my vegetarian pesto lasagna..just for starters....ummmmmm!
01-27-04 05:49 PM
glencar Send It To Me!
01-27-04 05:49 PM
glencar I do go veggie for 2 or 3 days sometimes but I can't imagine doing it fulltime. Is fish part of your diet? I'm having scallops tonight.
01-27-04 05:56 PM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
Send It To Me!

I just took the last platter I had made out of the freezer last weekend when we went out of town to visit friends. After we ate dinner they wanted the rest for leftovers, .....and these folks meat eating are Italians...need I say more! LOL

You'll simply have to come over the next time I fix it.

My husband makes an absolutely kick your ass veggie pizza. Homeade pizza dough that has to rise an hour is the first reason it is awesome. The secret to our cooking success; (shhhh..don't tell anyone) everything we make is made from scratch. No cheating!

Now, wanna hear about our desserts?
01-28-04 06:03 AM
luxury1 oooh Martha!! We have something else in common besides the Stones fixation. I too enjoy cooking from scratch, and due to some beneficial influence from some close friends, have been going more and more organic. It's never too late, boys...
Wonder why Mick looks/feels like he's 30? (well, I think he looks damn good for 60, and no one can contest his vigor and athletic prowess, can they?)
01-28-04 06:13 AM
luxury1 LadyJane!! I am posting and I cant shut up!!

(these long, snow-bound winters play with one's mind....)
01-28-04 07:06 AM
LadyJane It's okay, Lux!!

RO is the best place to be when you need respite from the cold!!

LJ.
01-28-04 08:26 AM
parmeda Lux, have some fun today! Use the snow to your advantage
Be careful though...yesterday, I made and hid some snowballs next to my car. When I went to leave, I had the boys come out to plow the driveway. Needless to say, I pelted my stash at them before I dove into my car and took off, lol. When I came home last night, the little darlings did their own hiding...they made snowballs and hid them in the freezer! They nailed me the second I entered the kitchen Do you know how hard it is to run across a wooden floor in stockings? Paybacks are a bitch and I will have the last word! Just a few moments ago before they left for school, I made them each a snowball, stuck it in a zip-lock bag and placed it in their backpacks with a note, "..Live in fear!" written on the bag. I wish I could see their faces in about 5 more minutes when they get to school, lmao!

*sigh*...I can't wait for July
01-28-04 03:34 PM
luxury1 Ha!! That is beautiful parmeda!! However, I would keep an eye peeled upon your return home tonight. Those boys can be most enterprising when they want to be ( but never in English class, if yours are anything like mine).
I love the visual of you slippin and slidin in your stockinged feet on the wood floor.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

BEST VIEWED HIGH