ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Crowe to cover Stones in NYC!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
01-16-04 04:40 PM
mac_daddy thanks Saint Sway.

everything sounds good... how many sets does he play? how long are they? does he play an encore? I just want to know what length tapes to bring along...
01-16-04 04:44 PM
Saint Sway he does one set with and usually a 2 song encore

set is a little over an hour

good luck
01-20-04 12:45 PM
Saint Sway just wanted to post a belated review of this show:

Rich rocked the house HARD!

he played Moonlight Mile & Memo From Turner

the show was recorded and will be sold in the future at his website or you can sign up for a copy now at any of his shows

www.richrobinson.net
01-20-04 12:50 PM
mac_daddy setlist?

looking forward to Thursday night.
01-22-04 02:35 PM
Saint Sway Mac Daddy,

looks like Rich canned his drummer last nite in Santa Clara show. It was a drummer that was filling in for Richs regular drummer on the West Coast leg. So unless he pulls something together last minute I doubt that he'll have a drummer at the Viper Room tonite.

But hes still gonna play - just might be a bit more mellow. Hope you enjoy the show and please report back

heres the set list from the NY show (you'll be able to sign up for copies of it at the show tonite)

KNOW ME
ENEMY
PLACES
LEAVE IT ALONE
VEIL
*SHALLOW WORDS
**FORGIVEN SONG
*MOONLIGHT MILE (Stones)
*GOODBYE
**WHEN YOU WILL
*=WITH STRING QUARTET
**=WITH STRING QUARTET AND JOY ASKEW
***=WITH ANTOINE ON VIOLIN AND JOY ASKEW

btw, he dedicated Moonlight Mile to me - I thought that was pretty cool
01-22-04 03:16 PM
glencar That is nice indeed. You must be a big fan.
01-23-04 03:59 AM
mac_daddy I went...

I enjoyed it...

I taped it...

dont know the setlist offhand, but the encore included the Band's "dont do it" and "memo from turner"

no moonlight mile...
01-23-04 02:44 PM
macawber if you have been onstage with jimmy page even just to hand him a guitar let alone play...certified badass.
this guy sounds like the real deal, i'll have to check him out.
01-23-04 03:03 PM
Factory Girl I saw the Crowes play with Pagey-one of the best concerts I've ever seen.
01-23-04 03:22 PM
mac_daddy if someone has some webspace, I'll make a *.mp3 of "memo" from last night...
01-23-04 03:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
macawber wrote:
if you have been onstage with jimmy page even just to hand him a guitar let alone play...certified badass.
this guy sounds like the real deal, i'll have to check him out.

Rich Robinson is definately the real deal. Closest anyone comes to Keef in my book. And his shows with Page blew away any Zep recordings that I've heard.

Rich loves the Stones - especially Keef. He's all about REAL music. Neil Young, The Band etc You just dont find too many artists these days that dig that stuff and want to carry that music on

Mac Daddy,
he's playing the Viper Room again tonite - it'll be an ACOUSTIC SHOW
if your looking for Moonlight Mile - chances are you'll hear it tonite

I'd love to hear your recording. If you want to trade some stuff email me
[email protected]
01-23-04 03:59 PM
mac_daddy >>> Mac Daddy,
he's playing the Viper Room again tonite - it'll be an ACOUSTIC SHOW

bought my ticket last night as I left
01-23-04 05:17 PM
Dan I was there last night. I woke up just in time for Memo, it sounded pretty cool.
01-23-04 06:44 PM
Dan I wish I could make it tonight though, I know I would enjoy solo acoustic a lot more.
01-23-04 08:07 PM
ExileInLA I saw Rich at the Viper Room last night. He closed his encore with Memo From Turner. If that isn't cool, I don't know what is. Have you ever heard anyone do that song live?

Exile
01-24-04 07:04 PM
mac_daddy well the acoustic set was great!!!

no memory motel (or stones for that matter), although there was a Dylan cover that I didnt recognize ("spanish boots" or something like that..?). Rich played the stuff he had played with the band the night before, and it was great to hear the songs acoustic...

but the proof is in the pudding, so they say, so I went home, listened/transferred the acoustic tape, and then listened to the electric gig from the previous night. And boy howdy! am I glad I did - my liver and lungs are not so thrilled with last night's activities, but that is another story entirely...

The recordings are pretty much ready to be distributed, so Saint Sway - PM your mailing addy to me, and I will get the CDs to you next week. If there is interest here, I can burn a set for us to vine to fellow board members...

F*cking excellent set of music from both nights. and fwiw - Tommy Shannahan (sp) is a friggin' awesome bassist, too. The whole band was sharp on Thursday, but Tommy stood out...

01-24-04 07:30 PM
Gazza >although there was a Dylan cover that I didnt recognize ("spanish boots" or something like that..?).

presumably "Boots of spanish leather". Its on "The Times They Are A-Changin'"
01-24-04 07:34 PM
mac_daddy that's the one - and I knew I had heard it before, but jeez - I couldnt tell you the last time I listened to that Dylan album.

thanks gazza - it's your world, we all just live in it
01-24-04 09:04 PM
Lazy Bones Still can't believe they didn't include "The Times.." in the SACD series...
01-25-04 07:30 PM
mac_daddy so this is what I have come up with sofar...

Rich Robinson
the Viper Room (Hollywood, CA)
January 22 - 23, 2004

// Enemy
Know Me
Veil
Begin
Answers
Leave It Alone
Forgiven Song
Places
Goodbye

When You Will
Don't Do It
Memo From Turner

the band:
Rich Robinson (guitars, lead vocal)
Tony Shanahan (bass, backing vocal)
Jack Petruzzelli (keyboards, guitar, backing vocal)
Bill Dobrow (drums)

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Begin
On My Way
Leave It Alone
Answers
Forgiven Song
Shallow Words
Veil
Goodbye

Hold You
Boots of Spanish Leather

Rich Robinson (guitars, vocal)

and the source info (if anbody is interested)...

Field: [FOB - HRTF (quasi-binaural)] DPA 4060 (HEB) > Core-Sound switchable batt. box > SBM-1 (line-in) @ 48 kHz > TCD-D100

Transfer: D8 > Oade 7pin (passive) > Monster Interlink IDL100 (1m) > maudio ap2496 > WAV > DSP > shntool > FLAC
01-27-04 12:06 AM
mac_daddy right-click this link (removed) and you should be able to save the mp3 of "Memo from Turner"

please reply in this thread and let me know what happens...
[Edited by mac_daddy]
01-27-04 08:24 AM
caro It works! The track's nice, it has something vaguely lou-reedish about it...
Thanks a lot for taking the time to upload it, Mac.

By the way, I want an interlink monster too
01-27-04 10:55 AM
mac_daddy glad you like it - you might have to attenuate the bass a bit, depending on your system...

if anybody wants a copy of the two shows, now is the time to speak up (in a PM with your mailing addy included)...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
02-03-04 01:01 PM
mac_daddy last chance...

if any of you would like this two CD set, please send me a PM letting me know. please include your mailing address in the message.
Page: 1 2 3

BEST VIEWED HIGH