ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
01-29-04 04:36 PM
Joey " But I do look forward to the commercials. Maybe next year if Vick is healthy my Atl Falcons will be up in there. "

You make Joey
01-29-04 04:38 PM
Some Guy Purr like a pussy?
01-29-04 05:51 PM
Joey " Purr like a pussy? "

01-29-04 10:16 PM
Some Guy cover up a kitty dump with kitty litter?
[Edited by Some Guy]
01-30-04 08:35 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Kid Rock Is Rooting for the Patriots

DETROIT - Kid Rock was in Houston to promote his part in the Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show and said he was leaning toward backing the New England Patriots.

"I was actually going through my closet yesterday, and I found a Patriots jersey with `Kid Rock' sewn on the back. It's kind of tough for me because I do have some strong connections to Carolina. But for some reason that red, white and blue just kind of gets me on the Patriots. So I'm kind of swinging that way," he said Thursday.

The Detroit rocker appeared at a news conference with fellow halftime performers Nelly and P. Diddy. He said he was leaving Houston for two concerts in other states, returning Sunday for his performance at Reliant Stadium, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Kid Rock was asked whether he would spend some of his limited time in Houston promoting the Motor City, which hosts the Super Bowl in 2006.

"Always," he responded. "When haven't I?"
01-30-04 03:10 PM
Some Guy say it ain't so.
Man this game might get ugly quick!
01-31-04 02:07 PM
Some Guy Time to start my Super Bowl Chili.
Man that'll uncake ya!
02-01-04 08:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Illegal Music Downloader in Super Bowl Ad
By ALEX VEIGA, AP Business Writer

LOS ANGELES - Downloading music online from rogue file-sharing networks got 14-year-old Annie Leith sued for thousands of dollars. Now it has landed her a leading spot on a national ad that will debut during the Super Bowl.

Leith and her 17-year-old sister downloaded 960 songs over a three-year period using the popular Kazaa program. But the free music binge got Leith ensnared in the legal dragnet cast by the Recording Industry Association of America (news - web sites) in September.

"We didn't know it was illegal," the New York City high school freshman said Friday.

The lawsuit was ultimately settled for $3,000. But Leith couldn't pass up a chance to appear in a nationally televised commercial that put a twist on her costly experience.

The ad promotes a digital music giveaway offer from Pepsi-Cola and Apple Computer Co.'s iTunes Music Store. Beginning Feb. 1, 100 million bottle caps on a variety of Pepsi soft drinks will include a code for a free song download on iTunes.

In the ad, Leith proudly says she was among hundreds of music fans sued for downloading songs without paying for them, then vows to continue doing so — on iTunes.

In the background, Green Day's version of "I Fought The Law (And The Law Won)," can be heard. Her sister and 14 other teens whom Pepsi identifies as recipients of copyright lawsuits for illegally downloading songs appear in the ad with Leith.

The RIAA applauded the ad, even though it may serve to remind some of the trade group's legal campaign, which many music fans thought went too far.

"This ad shows how everything has changed," said RIAA chief executive Mitch Bainwol. "The debate is not digital versus plastic, it's legitimate versus illegitimate."

The music industry blames a slump in overall music sales largely on file-sharing. In recent years, music and film companies have sued the firms behind the software used to swap files over the Internet. The music industry turned to suing individual downloaders last fall.

The Pepsi-iTunes campaign is the latest example of a marketing strategy that industry insiders hope will drive music fans away from the unlicensed online file-sharing networks and toward the bevy of emerging for-pay digital music services.

"I would like to see more of this," said Jimmy Iovine, chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M, part of Universal Music Group. "We're starting to see technology companies come on our side, now soft drink companies are coming on our side."

This week, Coca-Cola announced a deal with digital music service Musicmatch to promote its Sprite brand. Heineken USA recently revealed plans for its own digital song giveaway in 12-packs of beer through RealNetworks Inc.

GO PATS!!!!

02-01-04 01:59 PM
Some Guy Don't ya just love Super Sunday!!
Getting pumped for the game, ESPN was comparing Brady and Montana, whats up with that.
I like Carolina and the points. Its already 7-0 and the game ain't started.
Better call Joe!
02-01-04 02:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Getting pumped for the game, ESPN was comparing Brady and Montana, whats up with that.

Well, Brady I believe he was the youngest quarterback to win the SuperBowl. Now a mere two years later he'll have two. If that's not "Dynasty", I don't know what is. Even the Great Dan Marino and others have NO superbowl ring. Brady will have TWO in only Three career years!!!! What's the odds of that happening again? Pretty remote I'd say. Why not compare him to Montana? After all who else can one compare him to?
02-01-04 04:46 PM
Some Guy I see.
Are you getting ready, whats going on today?
02-01-04 05:17 PM
Some Guy Lets do this, time to twist up and roll!!!!!!!!!!
02-01-04 10:31 PM
Some Guy Panthers plus 7. I'm a winner!!!
02-01-04 10:41 PM
LadyJane I got what I wanted!! A GREAT game!! Congrats to the Pats..and props to the Panthers!!

LJ.
02-02-04 02:47 PM
Poplar
congrats to the pats - but i'm proud of my team. next year - we win this game.

go panthers - thanks for a great season.
02-02-04 02:48 PM
telecaster
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I got what I wanted!! A GREAT game!! Congrats to the Pats..and props to the Panthers!!

LJ.

I got what I wanted too LJ, more than 37.5 points scored

Cha ching!
02-02-04 02:53 PM
Joey " I got what I wanted too LJ, more than 37.5 points scored

Cha ching! "

http://www.bellagio.com/pages/frameset_noflash.asp

02-03-04 06:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Poplar wrote:

congrats to the pats - but i'm proud of my team. next year - we win this game.

go panthers - thanks for a great season.

I'll admit it. You guys scared me. That Carolina QB is intense.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BEST VIEWED HIGH